2024 New York Yankees

billyS

Reign of Terror
It looked like the Astros were sleep walking thru the series. No life at all.
They go deep into the post season every year so there is probably some hangover effect.

Nonetheless this was big in a few ways.
It's important to beat the Astros any chance you get because chances are you have to go thru them in the playoffs. You can't control their other games but if you beat them head to head then that's your advantage.

Our big acquisition beat theirs with the game on the line. That sets a tone.

Soto getting off to a hot start is big. No waiting around for him to adjust to a new team.

I don’t think you could have asked for more to start the season. Would like to get some bats going. Bullpen has been awesome. Let’s keep rolling!

I don't think Judge is 100%. That oblique problem from spring training is still bothering him.
He definitely doesn't seem right at the plate.

Nice series, means nothing if we sleep walk into Arizona. They a good team that is scoring a lot of runs.

Holmes scares me a lot, does he get a pass because he pitched 3 out of 4 days?

This new guy Cousins we picked up from CWS is supposed to be pretty good.

Jeez Relax boys, you’ve still got 97.6% of the regular season to go. At least give the starters another cycle or two through the rotation before you shoot your wads. I’ll return to comment on 8/1/2024. Until then, Happy April Fool’s day.

Every game means something win or lose. They all count.Especially against the Astro in Houston which has recently been a house of horrors for the Yankees.