2023 Kentucky Derby

I can see Coffee With Chris on the lead but he will get passed on the far turn.

I've seen Chase The Chaos at Golden Gate and cashed a ticket on him when he won the stakes race that qualified him for the Preakness. He's a deep closer without an ounce of early pace.

It wouldn't shock me if Mage was on the lead. I know he broke slowly in his last three starts, but when he broke his maiden impressively, he went right to the front.

I'm using Perform in tri's and a win wager. If the three favorites hit the board, the payoffs will be terrible. (and a very logical outcome)
If Mage wins, and comes out healthy, Belmont will be a full card of solid horses.
That will be a great race to bet, hoping all the jocks and horses have safe trips.

Mage wins, Belmont will be stacked!

I can see Coffee With Chris on the lead but he will get passed on the far turn.

I've seen Chase The Chaos at Golden Gate and cashed a ticket on him when he won the stakes race that qualified him for the Preakness. He's a deep closer without an ounce of early pace.

It wouldn't shock me if Mage was on the lead. I know he broke slowly in his last three starts, but when he broke his maiden impressively, he went right to the front.

I'm using Perform in tri's and a win wager. If the three favorites hit the board, the payoffs will be terrible. (and a very logical outcome)
Looking at the horses again, Mage and First Mission are clearly most talented.

3,8 / 3,8 /2,4,5,6 - Tri and Super
5, 6, 7, 8 - Ex Box
WPS 2, 4

If Mage wins, and comes out healthy, Belmont will be a full card of solid horses.
That will be a great race to bet, hoping all the jocks and horses have safe trips.

Mage wins, Belmont will be stacked!
This will be the last Belmont Stakes in that huge grandstand. It would be a nice sendoff to hear that roar of the crowd when the horses are coming down the stretch with a triple crown on the line.

Here's my $.20 Pick 6 today:
8) 4, 7
9) 1,3,6,7
10) 6,10,12,13
11) 5,7,8,10
12) 1,6,8,9
13) 1, 3, 5

Good luck!

This will be the last Belmont Stakes in that huge grandstand. It would be a nice sendoff to hear that roar of the crowd when the horses are coming down the stretch with a triple crown on the line.

Here's my $.20 Pick 6 today:
8) 4, 7
9) 1,3,6,7
10) 6,10,12,13
11) 5,7,8,10
12) 1,6,8,9
13) 1, 3, 5

Good luck!
In the 11th, I like the #10 a lot, but am using #9 as well. Same hot barn, #9 should be a big price.

In the 11th, I like the #10 a lot, but am using #9 as well. Same hot barn, #9 should be a big price.
8th and 9th races those horses didn't figure as much but they beat me. That's horse racing. Live to fight another day.

Johnny V. is so crafty. That pace doomed Mage. Plus he always saves something for the end of the race and came again and got the money for Baffert. If I could ride the providers like he does the ponies, you could probably hear their moans a block away. ;)

It was a very depressing Preakness, the field, the race itself. The horse being put down earlier.
I couldn't hit anything, I was missing all day at Pimlico and Belmont.

Just took a bad beat at Monmouth in race 1, horse #1 at the line.

Cold streak is coming

It was a very depressing Preakness, the field, the race itself. The horse being put down earlier.
I couldn't hit anything, I was missing all day at Pimlico and Belmont.

Just took a bad beat at Monmouth in race 1, horse #1 at the line.

Cold streak is coming
That was a tough beat at Monmouth - I bet #2 who had his share of issues in the stretch (though he was not keeping up on the turn so his close was kind of fake)

8th and 9th races those horses didn't figure as much but they beat me. That's horse racing. Live to fight another day.

Johnny V. is so crafty. That pace doomed Mage. Plus he always saves something for the end of the race and came again and got the money for Baffert.
He's amazing - perfect spot for him to go down the road. I didn't think he would finish, but Baffert had the magic as he often does.

I really didn't think Mage had an excuse. He just wasn't fast enough. He won the Derby because of a total pace meltdown. Blazing Sevens went a MUCH tougher trip than Mage at Pimlico getting caught wide a various points of the race.

He's amazing - perfect spot for him to go down the road. I didn't think he would finish, but Baffert had the magic as he often does.

I really didn't think Mage had an excuse. He just wasn't fast enough. He won the Derby because of a total pace meltdown. Blazing Sevens went a MUCH tougher trip than Mage at Pimlico getting caught wide a various points of the race.
Mage had zero excuses, got out of the gate like a bolt of lightning. I was curious with Javier taking him so wide at the top of the stretch, thought he could have moved inside. Might have saved him some steps, still don't think he would have won.
Overall a very weak Preakness field and 3 year old crop so far.

Not much starch in this years Belmont, especially with it coinciding with Secretariat's 50th anniversary. That said, the degenerate in me will still bet the race.

I like Tapit Trice, Tapit Shoes, Angel of Empire, National Treasure, and Arcangelo
If I am getting 5-1 on National Treasure I will bet that large. I think he is going to run a BIG race and is peaking.
I think Tapit Shoes can spring the upset, improving horse and has the Tapit bloodline that wants to go long.
Arcangelo also is an improving horse at a good price.

Punting Forte because he will be over bet, wouldn't surprise me if he won though.
The others I don't think can get the distance.