2014 Yankees

2013 is OVER!!!!!

Many of you want to jump off the bridge and say that they are doomed for next year because they don't have any budget to work with. Let's see where they are:

They have lost these contracts:

Pettitte $12 mill
Rivera $10 mill
Kuroda $15 mill
YOukilis $12 mill
Hughes $ 7 mill
Hafner $ 2 mill
Joba $1.8 mill
Overbay $1.2 mill
Jeter his player option is $8 mill which he will take = 9 mill less than 2013

PLus they lose A-Rod's contract while he is suspended which will be a min of $9 mill
You also have Granderson and Cano's contracts which will be zero or more depending on what happens this off-season

That is a total of $79 million coming off their payroll no matter what.

I am sure that they can add payroll and still remain UNDER $189 mill.

They are at about $125 mill on active contracts for existing players under contract for 2014. NOT including Granderson and Cano.

Add back those two at $35 mill for 2014 and you are at $160 mill with room for $29 mill to get a pitcher and maybe some infield help. I say sign a decent starter and somebody for the left side of the infield.

Cervelli can catch and Nunez can play third or short ... sign somebody toplay whichever position Nunez won't be playing.

PLUS ... bring back Girardi. I disagree with his managing sometimes but there is nobody else out there that is available that is better.

Keep Nunez at third (til/if Arod comes back and is good) and Ryan at short, if Nunez keeps getting major league at bats then he'll be a monster, probably Bernie type hitting, and Ryan is awesome defensively which is what you need at short, his hitting seems better than they made it sound and if he gets coached good can probably hit better, let Jeter DH and platoon, Cervelli has the potential to be a monster also, Gardner seems to get better and better, Teixeira will be back, Cano will probably be back after/if he tests the market and someone doesn't give him like 10 years - just those right there are better than the Mets :p

I love McCann but am hesitant about paying too much. I LOVE Napoli but he plays 1st or DHs. We have plenty of DHs and Tex plays first ... otherwise I love him as a player.

imagine the horror if somehow arod gets his suspension lifted altogether. i don't think that'll ever happen, but i'd love to be the guy selling kleenex to yankee fans if it did. i never thought i'd see the day when a yankee season (next) looked as bleak as a mets season, which for a change, might at least be entertaining. i may not like the yanks, but i don't want BOTH ny teams sucking. we have football for that. lol.

The Yankees need a lot to go right to get into contention. Once they get under $189 mill then they will blow up the payroll again because it resets the penalties.

Both A-Rod and Texiera's contracts are horrible. AND they are not going away anytime soon.

Happy retirement Mariano. He will always be remembered for blowing 5 Post season saves. Most in history... Blowing a world series, redsox ,

Happy retirement Mariano. He will always be remembered for blowing 5 Post season saves. Most in history... Blowing a world series, redsox ,
Still a 0.77 postseason ERA.

He was completely burned out in 2004 when the Red Sox got to him. I blame Torre. Torre should have been fired after 2004.

2001 was a loss based on Mo's throwing error into centerfield. A good throw gets us a double play and we win that world series.

1997 ... it happens. They didn't lose that series based on that one home run Mo gave up.

Hey lightweight. Love the way you contribute. You really know how to stir the pot!! How bout this one. Mariano was a failed started who couldn't get out of the third inning!!! LOL

And now he is on his way to Cooperstown!
That says it all right there, a first ballot HOF'er won't get "remembered" for a couple of losses lol, is Reggie Jackson or Ted Williams "remembered" for strikeouts? Mariano will be known as the greatest closer of all time, not a guy who blew a couple of saves, seriously gimme a break, the guy won 5 rings and was dominant for 19 years, don't cause people not to take what you say seriously.

Lightweight is not being serious. I do admire his hatred of the Yankees though! That's good NY baseball right there.

I do know that Robertson is going to drive us a little crazy next year.

2013 is OVER!!!!!

Many of you want to jump off the bridge and say that they are doomed for next year because they don't have any budget to work with. Let's see where they are:

They have lost these contracts:

Pettitte $12 mill
Rivera $10 mill
Kuroda $15 mill
YOukilis $12 mill
Hughes $ 7 mill
Hafner $ 2 mill
Joba $1.8 mill
Overbay $1.2 mill
Jeter his player option is $8 mill which he will take = 9 mill less than 2013

PLus they lose A-Rod's contract while he is suspended which will be a min of $9 mill
You also have Granderson and Cano's contracts which will be zero or more depending on what happens this off-season

That is a total of $79 million coming off their payroll no matter what.

I am sure that they can add payroll and still remain UNDER $189 mill.

They are at about $125 mill on active contracts for existing players under contract for 2014. NOT including Granderson and Cano.

Add back those two at $35 mill for 2014 and you are at $160 mill with room for $29 mill to get a pitcher and maybe some infield help. I say sign a decent starter and somebody for the left side of the infield.

Cervelli can catch and Nunez can play third or short ... sign somebody toplay whichever position Nunez won't be playing.

PLUS ... bring back Girardi. I disagree with his managing sometimes but there is nobody else out there that is available that is better.
They can spend on a relatively weak free agent class and they will still SUK :).

Uh I don't think that's what he'll be remembered for lol, what a joke.
Major Yankee hater here, but Mariano was class all the way, greatest closer of all time, he will be remembered for the most saves in the postseason and for all his marvelous accomplishments.
Anyone who says differently is not knowledgeable about baseball.

Lightweight is not being serious. I do admire his hatred of the Yankees though! That's good NY baseball right there.

I do know that Robertson is going to drive us a little crazy next year.
Lots of great 8th inning guys could not handle the 9th inning and failed miserably.

Be prepared Yankee fans, I can see that coming now.

Does the word pressure mean anything to you Mr. Robertson?