2011 Yankees

God bless mother nature. We will only see delicate Verlander once this series. I bet CC starts tomorrow and a possible game 5. I know feel much better about our chances.

I also think Tampa is going to sweep Texas.

On another note. I have said before that I would not stick my nose into the Mets business ... but ... what a classless move by Reyes to back into the batting crown.
Bernie did the same thing... I guess he was classless too, when he did not risk a forth at bat that may have dropped his average.. Did you say the same thing then... Ty Cobb did it... They all do it.. Many players sit out the whole last game to protect the batting title... So many players do it.. Who cares... I relly think that you are jelous of Reyes and with that you had a SS that could hit and run like Reyes......

Actually in 98 The Yankees were preparing for the playoffs and Torre always rested the fulltime players the last week of the season. He had the batting title locked up so why should Torre go against club policy to keep Bernie in? It was in the best interest of the club to rest him NOT keep him in. So much for that argument. Please dont' compare Reyes to Bernie.

Derek Jeter is a HOF player. Nobody will remember Jose Reyes 5 years from now. Your own manager broke down in tears talking about it because he felt the fans were cheated. What an embarassment.

Last edited:
Bad game yesterday. I get disgusted by certain things in baseball and yesterday was an example. They should have pummelled Scherzer yesterday. Instead he pitched the game of his life. Just like that loser Kenny Rogers did 5 years ago against the Yankees. If they can pitch so well in the playoffs what the hell are they doing during the regular season? Freddie Garcia did as expected. I don't know ... you guys tell me ... did Scherzer pitch great or did the Yankee bats go limp? Once Scherzer was out the Yankees started to hit a couple of excellent relievers.

I can stand losing to a better team. I can not stand losing to a shit team like the Tigers. CC MUST stand up and pitch like a man. He was tested this year against the Red Sox and pitched like crap. He had 4 losses against Boston. Ridiculous. He needs to make a stand tonight and throw up zeros.

Jeter ... last night ... 0 for 5 and stranded a small town on the bases. A-Rod too had better come clean. If he can't hit due to injuries then let Chavez or Nunez play.

Girardi had better go all out with the bullpen. There are three games left. He can use Soriano/Robertson/Rivera.

Dear God .... we lose today and that piece of garbage Burnett pitches tomorrow. I would not give him the ball. I would go with Hughes and empty out the bullpen. I would go with Soriano for 2 innings/Robertson can easily do 2 innings and Mariano can do 2. I know it is extreme but .... anyone remember ending our seasons with Kevin Brown and Javier Vasquez and other loser pitchers. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

MUST WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

We lost and now our season rests on the horrible shoulders of AJ Burnett. I hate 5 game series because the better team sometimes loses. The Yankees are better than Detroit. However ... I did not have confidence in their chances at the beginning and I now see our demise. We have never had a pleasant surprise by a bad starting pitcher. You see mediocre pitchers always turn it up a notch against the Yankees. Let's see if for once we can have that go in our favor and maybe AJ Burnett can turn in a gem. I don't think that will happen.

The team with the best picthing always wins. Yankees need another true ace in the offseason. They need this kid Banuelos to come up. They need Phil Hughes to step up and Ivan Nova to keep it up. Burnett will fuck it up ... so he has to go even if we have to eat his contract.

We lost and now our season rests on the horrible shoulders of AJ Burnett. I hate 5 game series because the better team sometimes loses. The Yankees are better than Detroit. However ... I did not have confidence in their chances at the beginning and I now see our demise. We have never had a pleasant surprise by a bad starting pitcher. You see mediocre pitchers always turn it up a notch against the Yankees. Let's see if for once we can have that go in our favor and maybe AJ Burnett can turn in a gem. I don't think that will happen.

The team with the best picthing always wins. Yankees need another true ace in the offseason. They need this kid Banuelos to come up. They need Phil Hughes to step up and Ivan Nova to keep it up. Burnett will fuck it up ... so he has to go even if we have to eat his contract.
Just some thoughts.... Arod, Jeter, showing their age... Tex, Swisher, has never hit in clutch or playoffs, so why would they now... And Steve, who says the Yanks are the better team? Thats your opinion...... So the series lays on the shoulders of AJ...They still have to hit.... I think AJ will pitch well, or well enough... In some wierd way, I hope he does... It also helps him that he is on the road so he does not have to hear from the asshole Yankee fans who will boo him if he walks one in the first inning even if he struck out the first two batters...

Actually in 98 The Yankees were preparing for the playoffs and Torre always rested the fulltime players the last week of the season. He had the batting title locked up so why should Torre go against club policy to keep Bernie in? It was in the best interest of the club to rest him NOT keep him in. So much for that argument. Please dont' compare Reyes to Bernie.

QUOTE]You have your facts all wrong. Bernie asked out when he knew he had the batting title wrapped up if it ended at that point, so he did not have to bat again....And you are right, plz dont compare Bernie to Reyes.... Reyes cant play Guitar......lol

If this were a 7 game series the Yankees would win. They played 162 games and the Yankees had a better record in a tougher division. The Yankees play Tampa and Boston. Who is Detroit playing? answer = awful teams.

The first round is a complete crapshoot unless you have 3 excellent starters. CC/Nova/Garcia is certaily not Cone/Clemens/Pettite. Those guys were money pitchers as well. Let's not also forget Wells and El Duque. All of them were money in the playoffs.

I will root for the Yankees but I have no faith in AJ. If he can go 6 innings and give up 4 runs I will be thrilled.

If Yankees win today .... Nova will win tomorrow.

Congrats to AJ for proving me wrong. At last a pleasant surprise from a bad Yankee pitcher. Usually they go down in flames like Kevin Brown and Javier Vasquez. This was a great game and I was happy with everybody. The middle of the Yankee lineup has to snap out of it though. A-Rod seems to be coming to life. He hot the ball hard a couple of times. I don't care if Tex says he hit the ball hard. He still is not getting any hits and he has NEVER hit in the playoffs. He is paid to hit and he is failing.

Super Nova will win tomorrow and we should take care of Texas.

Congrats to AJ for proving me wrong. At last a pleasant surprise from a bad Yankee pitcher. Usually they go down in flames like Kevin Brown and Javier Vasquez. This was a great game and I was happy with everybody. The middle of the Yankee lineup has to snap out of it though. A-Rod seems to be coming to life. He hot the ball hard a couple of times. I don't care if Tex says he hit the ball hard. He still is not getting any hits and he has NEVER hit in the playoffs. He is paid to hit and he is failing.

Super Nova will win tomorrow and we should take care of Texas.
Tex has never hit in the clutch for any team he played for...