2011 Yankees

Wow!!! 12 posts!!! You LOVE talking about the greatest team in sports history!! You made some good points and, of course, some silly ones.

The most silly was that the Yanks aren't going to make the playoffs next year. That's a good belly laugh!!

You are on the money about Jeter ... problem is that is how it is with 90% of players today and I don't like it at all.

The Yankees ARE better. You play 162 games and that is a better reflection of how good a team is. PLus the Tigers are in a bad division. C'mon LW .... lighten up. You can show some objectivity.

Yankees are getting older. But so is every team and Yankees add youth to the mix every year.

OK, so enough kidding.... These posts were only for Steve, and not the real and knowledgeable Yankee fans on this board... But, I have to just through this out there.. I was Listening yesterday to the 2 sports talk radio stations , and all the yankee fans were talking about was the Texas Rangers... I could not believe it..... They were talking about the next series... I could have sworn that there was also a caller that called FAN that called and said, " Hi, I am Steve from Long Island"..... " Mets suck " " and hung up......

OK, so enough kidding.... These posts were only for Steve, and not the real and knowledgeable Yankee fans on this board... But, I have to just through this out there.. I was Listening yesterday to the 2 sports talk radio stations , and all the yankee fans were talking about was the Texas Rangers... I could not believe it..... They were talking about the next series... I could have sworn that there was also a caller that called FAN that called and said, " Hi, I am Steve from Long Island"..... " Mets suck " " and hung up......
I called the fan 20 years ago and Pete Franklin yelled at me and hung up on me because I wanted to get rid of Rich Dotson!

i posted on lie that i hated grandyman trade when it was made in '10..he is better than expected but so is ian kennedy..kennedy is more important in playoffs than grandyman who u could have replaced in cf with melky or austin jackson..or put gardner there and resign damon (back in '10)..kennedy is the difference maker that could have helped yanks win this year and several ws in next 10 years..just watch him 2nite slowing down the brew crew..i hate being right about this but i am

fu2 cashman

Tough to say fu2. Would Kennedy have flourished in NY? Arizona is exceedingly laid back. Maybe he would have imploded under the bright lights of the big apple. The AL East is also a much tougher division. That being said I was not that crazy about the trade but I remember Grandy being great in clutch situations. He had a pretty good series but could have been better. The jury is still out on this trade.

I called the fan 20 years ago and Pete Franklin yelled at me and hung up on me because I wanted to get rid of Rich Dotson!
and he liked rich dotson?..heres a clip of pete who hosted wfan b4 mike and maddog

http://www.youtube.com/user/sidneyrosenberg?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/E-tejIylWBQ

getting bavk to kennedy he cant be compared to doyl alexander, kenny rogers, pavano,and javier vasquez..all those guys pitched well 4 other major league teams., pitched like sht 4 yanks, then pitched well when they left..kennedy was a 1st rd pick who developed afer his aneurism..that development should have been with the yankees

fu2 cashman FIRE ME!!!!

He was such a nasty prick! Made me laugh though. I can't remember the details of the call. I think I was telling him if you are going to trade Dotson you have to get pitching in return. It is always about the pitching. They have to do something about the pitching in 2012. AJ Burnett simply can't be on that staff. Banuelos has to be.

i posted on lie that i hated grandyman trade when it was made in '10..he is better than expected but so is ian kennedy..kennedy is more important in playoffs than grandyman who u could have replaced in cf with melky or austin jackson..or put gardner there and resign damon (back in '10)..kennedy is the difference maker that could have helped yanks win this year and several ws in next 10 years..just watch him 2nite slowing down the brew crew..i hate being right about this but i am

fu2 cashman
Damn, I hate to stick up for the Yanks, but when they made that trade, Kennedy was their 3rd best prospect, so they thought.. They had Hughes and Joba, who they thought would both be stars, so they made the trade. Kennedy is really good, but it still was not a bad trade... Maybe not a great trade for them, but not a terrible one, if everything else worked out....

David Robertson is on fire! Boy is he good! I hope to god Mariano sticks around another season or two. This bullpen is exceptional. If Mariano does retire we will be in good hands with Robertson.

We Yankee fans have been blessed with some great relievers. I can remember Sparky Lyle, Goose, Rags ... then we had a few stop gaps like Steve Farr who was pretty good then Wetland. The the greatest of all time.

David Robertson is on fire! Boy is he good! I hope to god Mariano sticks around another season or two. This bullpen is exceptional. If Mariano does retire we will be in good hands with Robertson.

We Yankee fans have been blessed with some great relievers. I can remember Sparky Lyle, Goose, Rags ... then we had a few stop gaps like Steve Farr who was pretty good then Wetland. The the greatest of all time.
I think you are in the wrong thread.....lol