20/20 Downtown tonight on ABC @8:00 PM EDT...

Anyone else catch it? Wasn't all that interesting. My biggest reaction to it was "wow, that's a really nice looking massage spa". Wish I had caught one of those showcase nights!!! (other than the final one of course)

"I coulda been a contendah"

Yes, Ultima Spa was really amazing. I talked to two girls that worked there on the phone last night. One I had known for years and the other I met there. They are still talking about the place reopening, but I have to believe that Luke is pipe-dreaming with the best of them.

Yes, it was/is a beautiful establishment. I've never seen anything like it. The erotic art photos that adorned the walls were of women that actually worked there. That fish tank was amazing! And of course the service...

Frankly, I avoided showcase night. It was just too wide-open. I mean picture it: anybody could walk in there and here there was this big room full of guys with a square stage right in the middle. A guy sees a girl on stage totally naked, rubbing herself. He walks up to the stage, takes her hand as she leaves and walks her right into one of the rooms off the main hallway and bada-boom! Sounds kind of nice, but how long can LE let that happen? I think if Luke had laid off the showcase idea, they would still be there.

Also remember that the door was facing a big condo complex and these folks are watching hundreds of guys rolling in and out of there like clockwork. Bound to have trouble. [sigh] Oh well.

But the real moral to the story...

to me anyhow, is...How safe are the NJ spas? I know a thing or two about how things in NYC work with regards to certain 'organizations' and I had assumed it was much the same as in Jersey. Apparantly it isn't.

I doubt I'd visit any of the spas in NJ anymore based on that report. You need to infer much more than was plainly stated on 20/20, but all I need to know was there.

MJC

MJC - how safe the Jersey spa's are is an excellent question that I ponder in my mind everytime I decide to "go out and play". I had previously been a regular at several locations that I thought were "LE proof", only to read in the papers that they had been raided (fortunately on days that I chose not to visit). To me, , the scariest part is that the customers names that get caught inside ALWAYS appear in the local paper. This almost doesn't seem fair since they are technically not guilty of anything yet without a trial.

Perfect example is Pines. I used to visit at least twice a month. Haven't gone near it since their last incident. Just can't take that kind of risk anymore.

LE yes, but also

Hey Danny,

A big part of the equation to me had to do with the dangerous and overt tactics used by the guy strong arming Ultima's owner. Normally an explosion of violence like they reported last night would NOT happen in the place of business.

Not to mention that you seemingly have to worry more about shady LE officers than those on the up and up. Who the hell knows what could happen in any of these clubs on any given day?

NYC it is boys! LOL

MJC

would you believe...

Originally posted by candie
Awww I would of like to of seen that! I miss everything
...the last night I was there I had a stripper with me who wanted to be part of the "session", so Candie, you and I could have gone there together for "couples" service!

You know, we could get B2S to pretend to be the Ultima girl and you and I could go together!

Oh my.

NJ Spa story

I have taken a big step backwards as far as visiting NJ spas and such after seeing names printed in the newspapers after a bust ( I recognized a name once too!). So anyway, a few weeks back, I see an ad in Star Ledger for a new asian place in Clifton. I decide to take a chance figuring maybe LE doesn't know about it yet. So I go on a Tuesday, had a decent time, pretty girls, was told next time more would be available. So, I return the following Tuesday, but there was an all new staff, but since I had a #. I was good to go and had a better time. The next day, I am reading the Bergen record online and see that this place was busted the Wednesday after my first visit! Apparently LE went in undercover and were offered sexual services. So, that explains the new staff! So, after this close call, NJ Spas are off limits for good!

BTW, odd thing at this place. I undressed in the room & was taken to the shower room for a table shower. About 5 minutes into it, a chinese lady comes to the door and says something to my attendant in chinese. When I go to leave, I realize my wallet was put into my pants sideways! I guess that the second lady went to look at my id to see if I was LE, and gave the ok signal. This also happened the next time because I set my clothes a certain way to see if they were touched and they were, and I got the same verbal confirmation at the door. No money was taken, just verification.