“Read my entire Web site before contacting me”

Many providers complain that prospective clients contact them with questions that could easily be answered if the prospects bothered to take the time to carefully read the provider’s Web site/ad in its entirety.

On the one hand, I can sympathize with this sentiment: the purpose of taking out an ad or developing a Web site is to generate business, or “qualified leads”. The more an ad or site “prequalifies leads,” or generates responses only from serious prospects that are likely to contract services, the more effective it is. Both in terms of reaching and generating interest in the right audience. And in terms of saving providers a lot of time and effort responding to requests.

On the other hand, there is certainly a segment of the market that acts on impulse. Plus, the nature of Interactive communications is that it’s largely user controlled. Users choose how they navigate through a site, what they read, how much of the site they read, etc. So there are several factors that would suggest lots of potential customers simply wouldn’t take the time to read and digest every word. (Also, let’s face it, the copy on some of these sites goes on, and on, and on, without getting to the point.)

I’m wondering what techniques providers have tried successfully to suppress unwanted responses and generate better, more qualified leads?

franca

<color=pink>Silver</color>
Repeating key phrases on different pages in the site.

An FAQ. I know some people think they are kinda dumb, but guys really do ask the same damn questions over and over, which would have been answered if they read the site. An FAQ page lets you repeat this information in a concise, question-answer form.

Other than that, I pretty much present myself in a way that attracts the type of clientele that I want to see.

You are not entirely wrong ... but times after times people do call asking Qs which are answered on site. There are two particular questions which make me hang up usually.

One - "what is your rate?". (a) it is on site and (b) this is not something i discuss

Two - "where are you located?" My site specifically says "OUTCALL in NYC" and only lists outcall rates as wel as hours of availability. So if Gentleman still asks for my incall location it indicates to me that either it is LE or someone simply dialing every provider they come across.

So in both cased my technique is not to take the booking.

XoXo

Lina

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
When someone contacts me the first thing I ask them is where they found my information.

This way I can keep track of what marketing techniques are working and which aren't.

I'll then ask them if in fact they read my website. The reason I do this is because my website is very self explanitory reguarding myself and my limits. I'm not a girl for everyone and I like to make sure that guys are at the very least looking for someone like myself.

Plus the main reason being ..I don't generally list my rates in my ads. So if a man calls me and tells me he has seen my website I know he knows my rates and my do's and don't.

I'll give out general info over the phone reguarding my rates and location area but once they start getting to detail oriented I refer them to my website.

I also keep track of my website hits to see which advertising venues are sending me the most traffic.

So, April, that's interesting. You'll actually refer callers back to your site to learn info that you wouldn't otherwise discuss over the phone. Do you ever worry that, by doing so, you might lose a booking? The only reason I ask is that my clients (who are in completely different industries, so the comparison probably is apples to oranges) feel strongly that once they have a prospect on the phone it's their best chance to close the deal. It's direct, one on one contact, so it's their best opportunity to sell their services. If they send them away, they may never come back.

Repeating key phrases on different pages in the site.

An FAQ. I know some people think they are kinda dumb, but guys really do ask the same damn questions over and over, which would have been answered if they read the site. An FAQ page lets you repeat this information in a concise, question-answer form.

Other than that, I pretty much present myself in a way that attracts the type of clientele that I want to see.
Yes, and I'm always amazed how many of the same questions pop up on FAQs on different providers' sites (you'd think clients would have learned by now): Why do you hide your face in the photos? Can you send me additional photos? etc.

April

So, April, that's interesting. You'll actually refer callers back to your site to learn info that you wouldn't otherwise discuss over the phone. Do you ever worry that, by doing so, you might lose a booking? The only reason I ask is that my clients (who are in completely different industries, so the comparison probably is apples to oranges) feel strongly that once they have a prospect on the phone it's their best chance to close the deal. It's direct, one on one contact, so it's their best opportunity to sell their services. If they send them away, they may never come back.
Well when they call me initially it's usually guys browsing through ad sites. While I will answer rate and location questions ...I do not feel comfortable when I start getting asked explicit questions. THESE are the men I refer back to my website. I do however once I close the deal suggest they read my website to futher know what to expect. That is totally up to them. Plus I think my website is fun as well as informative and I find it generally piques their interest even further!! Providing I am in fact the "nitch" they are looking for!

It's presumptuous of me to comment on this, as I would never claim to be able to speak for the working girls, but I think it really IS apples & oranges.

I assume that your clients pretty much don't care who they close with, as they aren't exposing themselves to danger or even just extreme unpleasantness if they sell to the "wrong" person. Obviously, it's different for working girls.

This is an interesting tie-in with the screening thread.

It's presumptuous of me to comment on this, as I would never claim to be able to speak for the working girls, but I think it really IS apples & oranges.

I assume that your clients pretty much don't care who they close with, as they aren't exposing themselves to danger or even just extreme unpleasantness if they sell to the "wrong" person. Obviously, it's different for working girls.

This is an interesting tie-in with the screening thread.
That's why I added the caveat that it was "apples and oranges". That said, it goes without saying that providers have to weigh both safety concerns with a desire for new business whenever they are contacted by a new client. But, I think that April's response pointed out specific situations in which she refers clients back to her site, which are completely understandable.

Interesting thread! I often have a problem finding information on who provides two pops in the hour. Most girls will not discuss on the phone, and none that i have seen, mention it on their website. I've only had two answer that question via e mail, and only after several back and forth chats. How do you suppose i can get this info before i book?

April

OH shit! I forgot to add full pots of coffee served on my website!!!!

In all serious while GFE is a loosley thrown around acrynym. IMO Any girl who advertises Full GFE service should provide multiple pops bbbj daty and DFK. Now I agree on this and many of you agree on this but the problem goes back to GFE being such a subjective term.

If someone asked me a question that I did not feel comfortable answering over the phone...I would say I'm not comfortable answering these questions with new clients ...however I can assure you you wont be disappointed. (If the answer is yes)
If the answer is no I just tell them no outright.

But then again thats just me

OH shit! I forgot to add full pots of coffee served on my website!!!!

In all serious while GFE is a loosley thrown around acrynym. IMO Any girl who advertises Full GFE service should provide multiple pops bbbj daty and DFK. Now I agree on this and many of you agree on this but the problem goes back to GFE being such a subjective term.

If someone asked me a question that I did not feel comfortable answering over the phone...I would say I'm not comfortable answering these questions with new clients ...however I can assure you you wont be disappointed. (If the answer is yes)
If the answer is no I just tell them no outright.

But then again thats just me
I'm not entirely sure that GFE is "subjective" so much as that it's in the interests of some people to have it mean different things. So the term has become, essentially, meaningless, since it's taken on so many different meanings.

On ***, and UG for that matter (the review section), to get top ratings, providers have to offer certain services. To my way of thinking, that's a more useful way to establish level of service. If a provider were to say, "I have an average rating of 9 on ***," theoretically that means she provides specific services that are defined under their ratings system. So it actually means something -- more than simply "GFE".

a providers website should be simple and self explanatory

I get tons of mails and calls every day... from guys who wants to know the basics.

First thing I ask is where or how they found me...most guys replies "on the internet" lol

Of course was online, but "where"? To me, is important to know where my clients comes from so I can advertise in the right places.

Then, after a brief conversation it comes the "rates, location and can you see me now?" ...and I simply ask if they had the chance to check my website.

Some say yes, I did...some say no.

To the ones saying no, I tell them to check my site and - if I am what they are looking for - to either call or mail back to me.

I am not afraid of losing a client if I ask him to check my site before making an appointment. I am a "niche" provider and I market myself in a way to get only the clients who are searching for my specialty.

I prefer to see a guy who knows all about me, than a guy who just saw my ad pictures online, thinks I am ok, trying to book me out of the blue.

If a client knows all about me beforehand makes for a great session...there will be no disappointments on his end and I will feel comfy, happy and confident that he will get exactly what he's looking for.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the majority of ladies here . It is annoying when someone asks the very same thing that I took the time to include on my web * site . When that happens it throws up a red flad automatically .
Betty I can't imagine anyone having to ask you any details if they've taken the time to read what you took time to inlcude on your web*site . You have a fantastic way of wording everything on there where anyone can understand .

-Layla

Interesting thread! I often have a problem finding information on who provides two pops in the hour. Most girls will not discuss on the phone, and none that i have seen, mention it on their website. I've only had two answer that question via e mail, and only after several back and forth chats. How do you suppose i can get this info before i book?
Check the providers' reviews. Look for "MSOG."