Women commentators and panelists on NFL games

1) they know more about the game than 99% of audience although not as much as color commentators

2) they are beloved voices that fans want to hear . I would not them replaced by other men

3) they stand up when taking a piss
You didn't just call Joe Buck a beloved voice did you? He literally sounded like he was about to fall asleep during the Manning-Tyree catch. Seriously. Go back and compare the Buck call to the WFAN call on that play. Bob Papa was having a stroke, Buck you could tell he was peeved he wouldn't be able to call the final play of an undefeated season.

He also has a pretty noted anti NY sports teams slant.

pokler

Power Bottom
You didn't just call Joe Buck a beloved voice did you? He literally sounded like he was about to fall asleep during the Manning-Tyree catch. Seriously. Go back and compare the Buck call to the WFAN call on that play. Bob Papa was having a stroke, Buck you could tell he was peeved he wouldn't be able to call the final play of an undefeated season.

We know it as one of all time catches only by looking in hindsight. When it happen it was a great catch and Buck called it as such. On the TD his voice was rocking. I love Joe ..

pokler

Power Bottom

Todays deal with ESPN just proves me right.
Joe Buck and Troy are beloved voices that big networks pay big money for ?

And I don't see any woman getting paid 15mm a year to do games .

I wouldn't call Joe Buck beloved, just recognizable and a known commodity. I don't think he brings anything to the table like Pat Summerall did. He's my personal favorite because he never got in the way of the game. He knew when to shut up.