Fake Reviews

Sniffing out fake reviews has been one of UG's most popular pastimes over the years. It's obvious that agencies (especially) and the savvier indies use fake reviews as marketing tools to promote their services (especially when introducing someone new to the market). When researching a possible rendezvous, does an obviously fake review immediately turn you off? Or, by now (since it's such an abused and widespread practice), do you simply take it in stride?

Sniffing out fake reviews has been one of UG's most popular pastimes over the years. It's obvious that agencies (especially) and the savvier indies use fake reviews as marketing tools to promote their services (especially when introducing someone new to the market). When researching a possible rendezvous, does an obviously fake review immediately turn you off? Or, by now (since it's such an abused and widespread practice), do you simply take it in stride?
Despite their fake reviews, treasureNYC always provide a nice service. I just took it with a grind of salt.

How do you guys know when a review is a fake?
To quote Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart "I know it when I see it"

It is hard to define the criterion but perhaps an overabundance of effusive descriptions of the woman and the experience and usually followed by the words "well worth the money".

1. When it doesn't have a single negative or even slightly negative thing to say.

2. When it mainly focusses on non-sexual aspects as subjects of its efusive praise.

3. When it speaks only in (highly complimentary) generalities.

Some of my reviews are all good and some of them are non-sexual and some wrote "worth the money" and I know all are real reviews. I would be angry if a friend wrote one without asking me, you have to experience the session for the review to sound believable.

Is the only way to prove real reviews is to have lots of them. I think the real test is getting reviewed by a respected and known hobbyist. Then again I was reviewed on another site by a guy who reviewed alot of providers (40+)and his review was real but off. I think anything written on UG by respected members can legitimize a provider. As an independent without reviews if it difficult to generate buiseness.

Sources of reviews

Rules Clarifications 1.20.2006 said:
Do not post links to other forum sites. Do not direct anyone to other forum/review sites. This includes ANY Yahoo Group of any kind, for any reason.

Do not copy reviews, warnings, "informational posts", public service announcements OR ANYTHINBG ELSE from sites such as CL, ***, T*B*D, etc. If it is not your first hand experience, do not post it here. If "your friend" experienced it, tell him to get his own account here and post about it.?
Emphasis added.

So, in this thread, can we discuss the general quality, reliability, etc. of reviews on other sites without running afoul of the above?

Last edited:
I checked with management, and here are the ground rules:

These particular rules exist to prevent a series of things: shilling providers and other sites; maliciously attacking a particular provider; passing someone else's review off as your own; as well as a desire to generate original content on UG.

For this discussion, it will be okay if you wish to quote from reviews on other sites if, and only if, you do not reveal who wrote the review, what site it was posted on, or who the reviewer was reviewing (that means NO NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, URLs or any other identifying information -- period). And, the quotation must be relatively short (two or three lines max).