LI Bust

I would think they need verifiable proof that the customer did get something other than massage . Hard to prove in court . Hence take a hike.
More than that I think — some evidence that sex was exchanged for money. That's why they use decoys and wait for the john to ask for sex in exchange for $ before the arrest.

Or the john is stupid enough to admit it.

I know @po10ial posted that he doesn't follow my rules (only commit 1 crime at a time) but if the only thing LE has is you are lying on a massage table and you don't have outstanding warrants, illegal weapons or contraband and you keep your mouth shut you re going to walk.

I can attest personally that even if you are stopped in your car in an area where you don't fit in and have condoms in your pocket they will let you go on your way.

More than that I think — some evidence that sex was exchanged for money. That's why they use decoys and wait for the john to ask for sex in exchange for $ before the arrest.

Or the john is stupid enough to admit it.

I know @po10ial posted that he doesn't follow my rules (only commit 1 crime at a time) but if the only thing LE has is you are lying on a massage table and you don't have outstanding warrants, illegal weapons or contraband and you keep your mouth shut you re going to walk.

I can attest personally that even if you are stopped in your car in an area where you don't fit in and have condoms in your pocket they will let you go on your way.
I too can attest to being let go when driving in area's you don't fit in to.

Now, I grew up in towns where being white was a minority (in both Nassau and Suffolk County's) and my mom also substituted in the Bellport, Longwood, Pat-Med school districts part-time as the school nurse and saw the daily problems and treated the victims of hallway violence often even in the 1980's. So my parents stretched financial in an effort to improve my chances in life and positive educational outcomes moved to a better school district - ones that had no school violence, small class sizes and lots of educational opportunities; so for me a night and day switch of going from a white kid minority in school to suddenly being a school district with 85% white population and I wasn't the minority was weird; and even more so because I really didn't even realize that whites were a majority in the country until after having moved high schools having spent so little time outside of these areas.

When I eventually got my driver's license I would often drive back to visit my friends in my childhood towns (usually later at night), and would often get pulled over as being a white kid in neighborhood of town I didn't "belong" in (they always assumed I was there to by drugs), only reason (at least according to the cops) was that my story stood, as I knew the local streets without a second glance, knew addresses and names of people. Only once when in Mastic was I unable to answer these questions, but I was hanging out with a girl that lived in the area and she talked her way out for me (I was clueless to even what street I was driving down - she was giving my directions to her house from the Roy Rogers on William, and taking the side streets the cops that pulled me over must of assumed I was there for drugs as well).

I've posted this before but perhaps may help out newbies:

When I go to my MD, I do not check to see his medical license; when I go to my hair cutter I do not check to see her license; when I buy a six pack of beer at 7-11 I do not check to see his license to sell beer; I do not check to see their license when I go to get my car inspected; when I go to a place that offers massage to get a legitimate massage for my sore muscles after a hard workout at the gym I do not check to see their licenses.

It's not my job.

I pay a lot of taxes to government agencies to protect me from unscrupulous people who wish to defraud the public by performing services w/o being properly licensed.

If I happen to be in a place that's being busted (close a couple of times but no cigar) and am asked about sexual services I would simply be shocked, shocked that such places were even allowed to open in the 1st place no less have been open quite a while until numerous community complaints bring in the cops.
This is why I only frequent Spa's; so that there's plausible deniability if things go south. You can't make that argument in a hotel/apartment.

This is why I only frequent Spa's; so that there's plausible deniability if things go south. You can't make that argument in a hotel/apartment.
"plausible deniability" is a mistake — never lie to LE.

For example when I was stopped once in Wyandanch here is how I answered some questions:
2 cops playing the bad guy good guy roles and after the bad guy cop went to search my car after yelling at me not to lie to them:

good guy "come on — we are both men and we know you are here to pick up a prostitute"
me: "prostitution is against the law'

good guy : "so what are you doing in this area"
me: I'm on my way to the strip club in the industrial park" (as I actually was as I didn't find any talent in Wyandanch)

good guy when he found some condoms in my pocket as he searched me "what are these for"
me "to prevent disease"

No more questions as the good guy realized my mama didn't raise no fool nor a liar.

Bad guy coming back to us after searching every inch of my car interior and trunk and going thru my gym bag and looking at my reg and ins card in the glove box and saying to good guy: "nothing"
(remember my only commit one crime at a time rule)

me: "can I go "
good guy: yes

For example when I was stopped once in Wyandanch here is how I answered some questions:
2 cops playing the bad guy good guy roles and after the bad guy cop went to search my car after yelling at me not to lie to them:

good guy "come on — we are both men and we know you are here to pick up a prostitute"

me: I'm on my way to the strip club in the industrial park" (as I actually was as I didn't find any talent in Wyandanch)

good guy when he found some condoms in my pocket as he searched me "what are these for"
me "to prevent disease"

No more questions as the good guy realized my mama didn't raise no fool nor a liar.

Bad guy coming back to us after searching every inch of my car interior and trunk and going thru my gym bag and looking at my reg and ins card in the glove box and saying to good guy: "nothing"

What I mean by plausible deniability, is that I expected nothing more than a legit massage in a massage 'Spa'. If there was anything else nefarious going on there, I was completely unaware.
Whereas, you can't make the same claim getting busted at a hotel with a hooker.

What I mean by plausible deniability, is that I expected nothing more than a legit massage in a massage 'Spa'. If there was anything else nefarious going on there, I was completely unaware.
Whereas, you can't make the same claim getting busted at a hotel with a hooker.
That's exactly what I am saying that you should not do; you are lying to LE. That is a crime.

You never know if perhaps the AMP has monitoring devices to protect the girls and then erase it at the end of day or worse as happened to Robert Kraft where police installed hidden cameras after hiring a locksmith to get inside the business in order to capture prostitution taking place in the rooms.

If there is evidence of you soliciting sexual acts and then you lie about it when asked — that is a 2nd crime they can charge you with.

As far as getting busted at a hotel with a hooker, Some people (on this site even) have acquaintances or friends that may be prostitutes that they may help out (legitimately ) not in return for sex (say help finding an apartment) and they may end up in a hotel room.

Don't be a smart ass and don't lie to LE. They either have sufficient evidence to arrest you or they don't.

As Shelia (of N Amityville fame that Billy and I knew long ago) said to me when I was bringing her to a fast food place for lunch and I asked her what does she do if stopped with a john by LE. She said "they only know what you tell them - so don't tell them anything".
Ps. she also told me that she always followed my only commit one crime at a time rule. Technically when I picked her the 1st time I met her and I said "if you have drugs on you or an open alcohol you have to hide it somewhere and pick it up when I bring you back" she phrased it "what you think I'm stupid - not when I'm working".

It's only a crime to lie to a federal agent. Lying to locals is not a crime.
So you are saying that if SCPD stops me, finds a bag of cash on my passenger seat, asks me where I got it. I say I found it on the ground and there are clear pictures of me robbing a 7-11 placing the cash into a similar looking bag it is not a crime?

If it not a crime to lie to local police then my advice (which I'm going to follow anyway) is incorrect.

So you are saying that if SCPD stops me, finds a bag of cash on my passenger seat, asks me where I got it. I say I found it on the ground and there are clear pictures of me robbing a 7-11 placing the cash into a similar looking bag it is not a crime?

If it not a crime to lie to local police then my advice (which I'm going to follow anyway) is incorrect.
It's a bit of a grey legal area; technically you can lie to police (non-Feds) all you want, however if they are taking a "report", lying or even lying by ommision on that report is a criminal offense, and it can include fines and imprisonment up to 1 year, in an "extreme" case which is the DA's choice he can file the charges as a felony which could imprison you for to to 7 years (I'm unaware of any cases that have had the felony charge, but plenty of misdemeanor charges in the news).

Best case is never talk to the police, follow the advice of this lawyer, and world renowned law professor; Regent Law Professor James Duane

It's a bit of a grey legal area; technically you can lie to police (non-Feds) all you want, however if they are taking a "report", lying or even lying by ommision on that report is a criminal offense, and it can include fines and imprisonment up to 1 year, in an "extreme" case which is the DA's choice he can file the charges as a felony which could imprison you for to to 7 years (I'm unaware of any cases that have had the felony charge, but plenty of misdemeanor charges in the news).

Best case is never talk to the police, follow the advice of this lawyer, and world renowned law professor; Regent Law Professor James Duane
Here is my thinking on this: It is one thing if the police come to your home or office and want to talk to you, it's another if you are stopped on a traffic stop.

An example is your car resembles that used in a gas station robbery 30 minutes ago and the cops ask where you are coming from. You just came from a gym where you worked out with some buddies, there is a gym bag with sweaty gym stuff in it, your hair is still wet from a shower.

A. You can say "I do not want to answer any questions" as is your right.
IMHO this will accomplish at least 2 things:
You will be spending a lot more time with LE while they figure out what to do with you.
You will be tying up police recourses that could better be used trying to find the bad guy.

B. Or you can say that you just came from XX gym on YYY street where I spent the last 2 hours working out with my buddies and I have a stinky sweaty contents of my gym bag to partially corroborate this.

I would personally use Plan B.

In this case you would be charged with robbing a 7-11 not lying about where you got the cash.
I agree it's better to respectfully decline to answer a question then to make something up.

I've responded to this question a few times in past posts concerning what happened to me. I was in the middle of a handjob when they busted in. The ladies started screaming and tried to run out leaving me there on the table. I was able to at least get some of my clothes on before they got to me. They played the good cop bad cop bullshit. What type of sex did you receive? Nothing sir. The women came into my room, took my money and said she would be right back and then you guys broke in. Bullshit! Tell us what you got! I saw the ad in Newsday for massage and I did have a bad back so I thought I would check it out.You knew exactly what this place was! I said I will do whatever you want me to do. If you want me to lie I will but if you want truth that is what happened. Give me your ID! He was hoping to run my ID and nailing me on something else. Clean...
The other cop says get out of here and bring some flowers home to your wife.
Did they break the door down or they buzzed them in?

Here is my thinking on this: It is one thing if the police come to your home or office and want to talk to you, it's another if you are stopped on a traffic stop.

An example is your car resembles that used in a gas station robbery 30 minutes ago and the cops ask where you are coming from. You just came from a gym where you worked out with some buddies, there is a gym bag with sweaty gym stuff in it, your hair is still wet from a shower.

A. You can say "I do not want to answer any questions" as is your right.
IMHO this will accomplish at least 2 things:
You will be spending a lot more time with LE while they figure out what to do with you.
You will be tying up police recourses that could better be used trying to find the bad guy.

B. Or you can say that you just came from XX gym on YYY street where I spent the last 2 hours working out with my buddies and I have a stinky sweaty contents of my gym bag to partially corroborate this.

I would personally use Plan B.
Plan A all the time

me "to prevent disease"

Curious -
How long ago was this?

I don’t get the impression that LE would do a pat down and search on you