2022 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Andujar doesn't have a position. The reason they lost a lot of games last year was because they gave away so many outs.
Gleyber, Sanchez and Voit were all horrible. Too many easy outs given away wears down a pitching staff.

Don't get me wrong, I like Miggy, but.......
You're spot on. Cashman's vision, which I still disagree with, was to bolster the defense this year. It's clearly working so far.

I'm sure Cashman was trying to deal Andujar and Torres this past off season, but could not find a fair return. Not that many teams want the Yankees as trade partners it seems.

billyS

Reign of Terror
You're spot on. Cashman's vision, which I still disagree with, was to bolster the defense this year. It's clearly working so far.

I'm sure Cashman was trying to deal Andujar and Torres this past off season, but could not find a fair return. Not that many teams want the Yankees as trade partners it seems.
He was definitely trying to deal Andujar, I read it from multiple sources he was trying to deal Voit and Miggy all spring training.

But yeah most teams are trying to buy low.
I'm sure in the right situation Miggy can duplicate his rookie numbers.

If he had cleaned up his fielding I'd dump Donaldson, but at 25 mil a year for the next two that's not going to happen. Hal doesn't have the deep pockets of Cohen.

He was definitely trying to deal Andujar, I read it from multiple sources he was trying to deal Voit and Miggy all spring training.

If he had cleaned up his fielding I'd dump Donaldson, but at 25 mil a year for the next two that's not going to happen. Hal doesn't have the deep pockets of Cohen.
Mixed feelings about Donaldson, but that honestly is because they are winning. Let's see where his numbers are at the end of May. Not ready to give up on him and there is a major advantage of ridding ourselves of Gary Sanchez. I still want to see the lefty catcher at some point.

I don't think teams were lining up for a chance at Voit and Andujar.

I can see Judge staying healthy this year and having a top 5 MVP vote getting year. This would mean that someone would give him a contract bigger than what the Yankees were offering. Then it comes down to whether or not he is worth it. The answer in a business sense is YES. The Yankees are the most valuable sports franchise on the planet and they make a shit ton of money. Judge is a BIG part of it. I can absolutely guarantee that the last 3 or 4 years of a 10 year contract will FUCK the Yankees HARD! BUT .... He is a very good player and if you don't give it to him, somebody else will and he will be gone. If the Yankees sign him for 10 years and $325 mill - they will still be the most valuable franchise, will still make the most money and will be a better team for it.

THAT BEING SAID ...

It would be debatable if it would be a good contract. It may preclude them from getting other players due to luxury tax considerations .... BECAUSE .... Hal has a strategy of not going over certain numbers. I think in a BUSINESS sense - he is a fucking moron to think like this. He should sign all of these stars at whatever it takes and watch the Yankees win more. make more money as a result and be worth more money as a result.

THE PROBLEM IS ....

Hal disagrees with me .... he definitely has a budget ... and if he signs Judge for 10 years and $325 mill ... it will hamper the team in signing others ... AND in 5 years when he, Stanton and Cole are sucking ass and costing us close to $100 mill a year combined - we will be screwed beyond belief.

This is why it's hard to know which way you want the team to go. Sign Judge and realize you will likely be screwed in 5 years or you hope the Yankees let him go so they aren't in some sort of payroll quagmire. I am uncertain what to think. Tough call all the way around.

I said it weeks ago, someone will give Judge that monster 10 year contract and eat the last 3 years. If the Yankees can't get him signed during the early part of the season I would trade him, especially if the Yankees brass already knows it won't go over a certain dollar amount on a contract. Why let him walk for nothing?

I said it weeks ago, someone will give Judge that monster 10 year contract and eat the last 3 years. If the Yankees can't get him signed during the early part of the season I would trade him, especially if the Yankees brass already knows it won't go over a certain dollar amount on a contract. Why let him walk for nothing?
You still need him this year, without him their chances to win the division and advance in the post season is badly compromised. A trade is only going to net prospects. This team is built to win now.

As I’ve said before he is a super star

You still need him this year, without him their chances to win the division and advance in the post season is badly compromised. A trade is only going to net prospects. This team is built to win now.
This is based upon the team falling out of contention.

I hear what your saying but you can't let him walk for nothing regardless. Thats why they need to get it done now, make your final offer and if he says no, you tried. Give him 35 million over 7-8 years and if he says no then I would try and move him to another team in contention for something. He would be appealing to ANY contending team in the NL.

We let Cano walk, could have traded him and who did we replace him with? Ellsbury, total knee jerk reaction signing.

Tavares burned the Islanders a few years back before he became a free agent. Isles could have gotten a haul for him at trade deadline.

If each side doesn't give a little then all loyalty goes out the window imo.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yes, that game winning hit was how I remember him being in 2018 and 2019. Not trying to pull everything. Took what was given to him and served it the other way.

I also loved how they won that game last night. The LoCastro speed element is nice to have late in the game.
Which is why he is on the roster instead of Miggy.
You need parts like that.
Remember Homer Bush?

Which is why he is on the roster instead of Miggy.
You need parts like that.
Remember Homer Bush?
Of course I remember Bush. Was a spark plug off the bench, think we got him from the padres?
You knew when he was coming in he was going to try and steal a base, loved that drama!

As of right now?
Hicks/Andujar/Gallo

But the caveat is you can't have Gallo and Andujar on the roster at the same time.

In my perfect world Anduar cleans up his act at third and replaces Donaldson.
Cant we DFA Gallo like the Mets did Cano? Why is Hal such a pussy?!

I'm not a Donaldson fan either, he has the kind of face you just want to punch. I gotta give him until the end of this month before I start throwing daggers at him. I was premature on IKF and I am really digging this kid and his hustle. He likes to hit in the clutch too, MOXY!!

billyS

Reign of Terror
Manoah is a fucking beast. He might be their best pitcher.
Blue Jay lineup without Hernandez and Biggio is a little top heavy but that top is maybe the most dangerous in baseball.
They're fun to watch, too bad they're in our division.

Status
Not open for further replies.