Le Cafe

Stopped in the other night around 8 pm. One other guy was there sitting by himself. Ordered a scotch on the rocks - looked like the scotch was pours from a thimble and it didn’t even cover the 2 ice cubes in the glass - $10. Barkeep gave me my change and walked away to go back to watching the TV.

Watched the girl dancing – she completely ignored me – like I wasn’t there.

Went to take a piss – the men’s room smelled like it had not been cleaned in a while.

Went back to the bar and the girl who was dancing left to sit next to the other guy at the bar.
A new girl started to dance – she must have had the same instructor – look at yourself in the mirror and completely ignore the customer with singles lying on the bar.

Finished my drink and left w/o tipping the barkeep.

I go occasionally, usually day time to see a russian dancer that I like. 8pm is shift change so probably the worst time to go. Later on in the evening can be ok. Day time is very relaxed but there are a few dancers worthy of attention.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
My sister lives in Bethpage, so I was about 5 minutes from this spot yesterday. It was 6:30 and I remembered the original post in this thread about change of shift hook ups. I called bunyon, the devil on my shoulder, for his encouragement, but he didn't answer. I didn't go...maybe I'll check it out next week...