Flushing - Bayside discussion

As a Long Island boy who plays mainly in Nassau and Suffolk, I’d like to ask an organizational question:

Why are so many of the surrounding areas, such as Bayside, etc, incorperated into this thread for Flushing? Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to have separate threads for each locality or simply a separate thread for that particular spa or provider?

Sometimes this thread is hard to follow.

Just curious as to the rational....if there is one.

As a Long Island boy who plays mainly in Nassau and Suffolk, I’d like to ask an organizational question:

Why are so many of the surrounding areas, such as Bayside, etc, incorperated into this thread for Flushing? Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to have separate threads for each locality or simply a separate thread for that particular spa or provider?

Bayside is less than 7 miles from Flushing. Another thread I think would be unnecessary as there aren't that many places in Bayside.

Bayside is less than 7 miles from Flushing. Another thread I think would be unnecessary as there aren't that many places in Bayside.
7 miles? There are many towns in Nassau that are within a 7 mile radius but all those reviews are not lumped under the heading of one town. 7 miles on our roadways can take a significant amount of time depending upon the time of day and weather.

7 miles? There are many towns in Nassau that are within a 7 mile radius but all those reviews are not lumped under the heading of one town. 7 miles on our roadways can take a significant amount of time depending upon the time of day and weather.
The streetwalker long Island thread has all of em lumped in from Nassau to Suffolk.

There aren't enough places in bayside to warrant another thread imo. As long as people note that the place is In Bayside I myself am ok with it.

Some parts of Flushing are 5 miles from Bayside. Yes traffic can cause that to be a while without traffic from Bayside to Flushing less than 10 mins.

7 miles.... WTF as far as I know as someone who resides in the heart of bayside, flushing touches bayside like i pull out my driveway turn left and make one more left and continue straight through a bunch of stop signs and like 3 traffic lights and I’m in flushing. I could walk to 40th rd in less than an hour so if there is another neighborhood in between I don’t recognize it.

Also I know people who live in bayside but the adress on the drivers license says flushing NY

Bayside is basically just a nice spread out suburb of flushing... almost the same neighborhood really

That's amazingly accurate. It's 6.9 miles, as the crow flies, from Flushing to Bayside if the crow took the Cross Island, according to a map app.
(https://www.google.com/search?ei=Le...iz.......0i71j0i13i5i30j0i8i13i30.ZHe5iWjpRjQ)

Now, let's discuss the various ways you can get from Flushing to Bayside:
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Flushing/Bayside

I grew up in Bayside, You don’t measure from the CIP since that is the last Street’s before Douglaston, t(e center of Bayside is further West like Utopia Parkway. Half the people in the 160’s say bayside as their address even though it’s more like flushing.

Since you're from Lon Guyland I will forgive you.

Questions like these distract from more pressing dilemmas, like why College Point Cinemas isn't really in College Point, or why Flushing Cemetery is in "East Flushing" which pretty much fucking nobody has ever heard of, or why Queens College is listed as Flushing when it's really Pomonok, etc.

Perhaps it would get kind of confusing to have additional threads for Murray Hill, Auburndale, and every other little spit of land within walking distance of Frushing. Don't you think? What would happen if we started breaking down the neighborhoods of Manhattan. How many folks do you think know Rose Hill from Gramercy?

Anyway, the kicker: The USPS regards that entire region as Flushing, and then some, under the auspice of the Flushing Post Office which governs all of zip codes beginning with 113, which even includes Forest Hills, Ridgewood and Little Neck.

Since you're from Lon Guyland I will forgive you......
Forgiveness will put you on the road to redemption, my son. LOL!

I get it, guys, I get it. In the minds and post offices of most City Folk, Flushing is all encompassing. To Lon Guylanders it ain’t. To us, it’s another 15 minutes stuck on the LIE or Northern State.....excuse me, the Grand Central.

Are you sure? While there are less today then the past. Their still plenty that may be Utr and new ones opening up as will. Now are you include legit HJ places? That will increase the number of places.

7 miles.... WTF as far as I know as someone who resides in the heart of bayside, flushing touches bayside like i pull out my driveway turn left and make one more left and continue straight through a bunch of stop signs and like 3 traffic lights and I’m in flushing. I could walk to 40th rd in less than an hour so if there is another neighborhood in between I don’t recognize it.

Also I know people who live in bayside but the adress on the drivers license says flushing NY

Bayside is basically just a nice spread out suburb of flushing... almost the same neighborhood really
Mmmm..not really...no other towns in between Flushing and Bayside..I'm from Flushing and Bayside was always considered a separate entity...just my three cents..

Sometimes the diversion is welcome. It was a fine suggestion. But after the disaster that my Eastern LI thread devolved into, I would not want to tackle an issue like this again. And, as you can see, once again there is no agreement among the members. When I get a chance, I will move this discussion out of here into its own thread in the Coliseum.

Are you sure? While there are less today then the past. Their still plenty that may be Utr and new ones opening up as will. Now are you include legit HJ places? That will increase the number of places.
Hj places increase it a bit. But without that not many. Flushing has a lot. To add a few more bayside spots I think is whatever.

Sometimes the diversion is welcome. It was a fine suggestion. But after the disaster that my Eastern LI thread devolved into, I would not want to tackle an issue like this again. And, as you can see, once again there is no agreement among the members. When I get a chance, I will move this discussion out of here into its own thread in the Coliseum.
Thread title change noted! ;-)

Mmmm..not really...no other towns in between Flushing and Bayside..I'm from Flushing and Bayside was always considered a separate entity...just my three cents..
Years ago flushing was the border of Long Island which is now called little Neck. If you look at the post office in little neck it says Flushing outside on the building. If you live in bayside and order online the city will come up flushing when the zip code is enter.

I asked a postal worker in Little Neck why does it says Flushing on the building instead of little neck. He explain that years ago the whole area was know as Flushing. As time went by it started getting re named and zoned. To what you have today. But not everyone up to date on this so when ordering online flushing will still show up and you need to change it. If not you still get the package but might be a little delayed.
Just a little history.