Insecure Network Security Warning

Discussion in 'In Search Of' started by Rider, Apr 16, 2018.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

First of all as I believe I have already stated this new law turns prostitution - a misdemeanor on the local level, into sex trafficking - a felony on the federal level.
    Secondly, under the mistaken belief that all sex workers are sex trafficked, the purpose of setting up such a site is to get the "vast network of sex traffickers" which is responsible for almost all prostitution in the United States. The only problem is that their premise is absolute bullshit.
  2. Slinky Bender

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abscam
    I remember some disgruntled DeLorean dealer offering a free 64 ounce bottle of coke with every purchase.
  3. genius

genius

Why bother you ask. For the same reason DEA sets up a sting where they solicit the guy to sell them dugs, use another agent to supply the drugs for the guy to sell back to them then announce with great fan fare in the press how they broke up a 10 million $ drug ring and how they need more money from congress to combat the menace .
  4. Nope I don't get your point. I told you I was slow on the uptake. I do understand the aspects of the law. It makes perfect sense to me. My original response to the Feds setting up a sting site was why bother. They can't prosecute themselves for hosting a site where those things are discussed or advertised. So logically the only ones they can prosecute are the ones advertising on their sting site. I would guestimate that all of those advertising on BP before it went down were of legal age and independent from where I sat browsing the posts and looking at the pictures. From that I can only logically assume that it would be a waste of time and resources for the Feds to start filling up the Federal joints with hookers. That is what I get and that was my point. Maybe I am missing something like why you are hanging your ass out there for a potential good flogging but that is a decision you have made and it is not my place to question or wonder why. The best I can do is not to mention anything here that might initiate that flogging. :)
  5. Slinky Bender

You just don't get it, do you?
    Having one instance of one posting buy some Anonymous person on any website where anyone claims that the subject of the post was "sex trafficked" is automatically subject to federal felony prosecution. Add to that all sex work being reclassified as "sex trafficking". If you don't get it now then you are trying not to.
    Waterclone likes this.
  6. The Feds have felony cannabis laws on the books too since you mentioned it. Rounding up and arresting people en masse for quality of life crimes seems like a waste of time and resources for the Feds was my initial reaction to your comment. Having it in place does provide leverage though in the spirit of the RICO law perhaps? IMHO... :)
  7. Slinky Bender

I'm not sure you understand the new law. Basically it redefines any "sex work" as "sex trafficking" so even if prostitution is a misdemeanor, if there is even a mention of it on the internet it turns into a federal felony.
    Monty_monty likes this.
  8. Rider

Rider

Correct! But the site said "insecure"!
  9. HobbyistZero

HobbyistZero

Don't forget to change your mac addresses. You can change IP's and browser settings all day, if you forget the mac, it won't make much difference. 3rd parties can snoop it and match to prior visits via cookies. Checking for DNS leaks wouldn't hurt either.

Also, most browsers can't completely block cookies. How do you know? Well, if your posting here, your browser is not set to block everything. This site uses cookies. You would be prevented from signing in. That's the trade off, be super secure and not be able to access much, or give in a little and hope for the best.

As for the initial post, if the site redirection starts with an IP address, that's bad news. You will usually see that warning in that case. The new replacement sites are most likely super snoop friendly. Tread carefully.
    Slinky Bender, Tonto25 and 2pumpchamp like this.
  10. billyS

billyS

Shouldn't the title be "unsecure"
  11. Our taxpayer dollars at work to serve and protect us from illicit sex. LOL :D But that is interesting. I am trying to think of a reason for a sting on the Federal level. I didn't think they were in the business of mass arrests of prostitutes. They have crippled the trade which was their goal and they have the contact information for every person that was posting on BP since the new format went into place with numbers only along with their IP addresses from the logs. Seems pretty elaborate for a misdemeanor arrest and a violation at most conviction. Any organized group of traffickers would be using guest networks along with TOR and VPN's and connecting to different cell phone towers with burners to hide their specific location IMHO. :)
  12. hardndslick

hardndslick

Oh great!
  13. Slinky Bender

You can take this with a grain of salt but I have been told by a source that I usually deem as reliable that at least one of the new sites which is trying to replace BP is a sting operation which has the ability to Pierce most of the usual IP spoofing.
    Tonto25 likes this.
  14. jimgar

jimgar

I am uising Orbot on Android. It allows you to connect via the Tor Network. So far, it seems okay, but the respinse will be slower. Nice feature is you can select which of your apps can route via the VPN when it is up. I haven't checked the routing yet, but I will and let you know. Good luck.
    Monty_monty likes this.
  15. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

I'm using the Epic Privacy Browser, that has a built-in VPN - and it's free. It's essentially a Chrome spin-off, so the design will be familiar to most. When I look up my IP address, I'm in the Netherlands, but you can select seven countries as well as the east and west coasts of the U.S. Every time I've logged on, it's worked. I use it on my laptop but, unfortunately, I don't believe that there are portable versions for Android or iOS platforms. I was able to connect with a prominent review site that no longer caters to mongers in the U.S. and it seems they have dropped all records of American providers that used to be covered including Sophia Belle, Mandy and Gina Rollins. FOSTA has everyone running scared.
    Monty_monty likes this.
  16. It means don't type in your social security number, passwords or personal information if it is required on the Webpage that you are visiting. Otherwise, that is a standard message telling you that whatever you type is being routed through insecure networks between you and the Webpage that you are viewing and the info may be sniffed by unsavory characters trying to find passwords and the like. That site probably does not have the bandwidth to handle the traffic that it has been getting and they are trying to bring some order to the chaos which is why you are seeing the PLEASE SLOW DOWN message. LOL :D A good and reasonably priced vpn is called Private Internet Access which is what I use to watch movies on Kodi now that I have all this extra time on my hands... Haha :)
    Nutty Irishman and Monty_monty like this.
  17. Monty_monty

Monty_monty

For Virus issues, none of what I provided will alter that risk. You need antivirus software, and even then no guarantees.

Correct, I was referencing monitored browsing habits.
    Incognito/Privacy mode keeps those with physical access to your browser history from seeing anything ( wife, girlfriend etc. .)

Proxy/VPN makes it difficult (not impossible) to hide browsing from 3rd party, ISP's and governments. And exist for nearly all OS platforms.
  18. Rider

Rider

Thanks, but how do you do that on an iPhone or Mac?

In lieu of the above, what you're saying is that there's a chance a third party can monitor your browsing. But I assume there is no virus issue. Is that correct?
  19. Monty_monty

Monty_monty

All internet network connections have some security vulnerabilities. . some are easier to exploit than others, typically SSL/TLS HTTPS:// are more secure connections.

I'd recommend using a VPN, Set your browser to force SSL/TLS connections, in conjunction with in-cognito/privacy modes, stay away from WiFi ... these options improve anonymity and security but are not guaranteed to prevent issues, but will make it exceedingly difficult for bad actors, ISP's and government snooping from identifying you.
  20. Rider

Rider

Has anyone gotten the following warning when clicking on a provider in the alternate site to BP?
    First you get a page with this:

Please Slow Down !!

Then you have to click "I'm not a robot" and submit, followed by a warning that "The information you have entered on this page is being sent over an insecure network and can be read by a third party." "Are you sure you want to send this information?" Then you either have to submit cancel or continue.

What does this mean? I, obviously, did not want to click continue.