Zagat bullshit

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
When the Zagat Surveys first came out about 2 decades ago I was a big fan and avid reviewer. But after a while they seemed to be more and more bullshit so I stopped reviewing and reading. Today for the first time in a long while I visited their website and saw
" Write reviews. Get rewarded.
Earn great rewards, a chance to score prizes like Nexus tablets, and more."
So I took one of their surveys. At the end they didn't even ask for my email address or any way to contact me. How the hell am I going to earn great rewards or score prizes if they dont even know how to reach me? Now I don't have to wonder anymore IF they are bullshit. They have proven it to me by being bald faced liars right on their own website.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Website !! Amazing how far we have come.
Remember the red book? I worked in the city and had a pretty decent expense account so it was fun flipping through the book looking for a nice place to impress either a client or a slut.

Slinky Bender

It was originally just a newsletter. Then every year I would mail in the survey and get my free copy of the book. But in my experience it was fast downhill once they launched the website.

A lot of things went downhill when companies launched websites. And now even their websites are going downhill as they migrate to Facebook.

Eventually they'll just want to plant a microchip in your arm or shove it up your bum and have us touch our screen (monitor/tablet/phone) and connect directly to them.

It's like the checkout lines at the stores. First they get rid of the cashiers and have you check yourself out. Eventually the warehouse clubs won't even stock the shelves anymore. They will make you go out to the loading docks and pull the merch out of the truck yourself.

Slinky Bender

What I think a lot of companies who are using Facebook as their platform dont realize how search engine unfriendly Facebook is. And these days I think if you lose google clicks because your site isnt being spidered its a big hit.

......It's like the checkout lines at the stores. First they get rid of the cashiers and have you check yourself out. Eventually the warehouse clubs won't even stock the shelves anymore. They will make you go out to the loading docks and pull the merch out of the truck yourself.
And it's going to get worse if and when they significantly raise the minimum wage. It will benefit only those whose low end jobs haven't been eliminated. As they say "be careful what you wish for as you may get it".
Yeah I know doesn't belong here but a pet peeve of mine.