Your superstitious starting hand.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
JackT said:
If you use both your Jack and your T to make a straight in Texas Holdem... you'll ALWAYS have the nut straight.
By use both of your cards, that means that neither of your cards is paired on the board, right?

I never really understood this. Isn't the same true if you play any 2 cards that are both between 10 and A and not the same card?

Waterclone said:
Isn't the same true if you play any 2 cards that are both between 10 and A and not the same card?
yes... but there are more ways to make a straight with JackT than any of those other "between 10 and A" combinations.

I may not be the only one on this site who does this but I find it very hard to fold with big lick - 6 9. Not only for the novelty of it, but also I think it wins more than it should.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
That's a bad one for sure, whats weird is that the last 4 times I folded 6 10 I would have taken some monster pots. (of course the next time I keep it it will do dick)

Something similar...
About a month ago, at a friend's home game, I folded T3 to a preflop raise... Flop came T 3 3. Lots of betting and raising, as by the river there were flushes made, etc., and I was just about kicking myself, until I saw what the preflop raiser had... pocket Tens!

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Cloud Nine said:
Nothing worse than having a full boat and losing to someone else who had the pockets to beat you.
No, worse is having a pair of queens, with a Q and 2 sixes showing and losing to 4 sixes.