Wsg

World Sex Guide. It used to include the US but that's been split off. Both boards now have different names. I stopped reading that board months ago. it's the same old drivel with no real content. Everyone is backchanneling. if you want to understand why UG has no backchannelling, read that board. you'll appreciate UG more.

This would be absolutely true. Everyone's using the PM function so all the posts are just repeats or repeats. Also, you have a moderator who is certifiably insanne. Posts are screened for grammer and spelling before posted. Or at least, it used to be that way. If you posted anything about any topic you got flamed to death by the 4 guys who thought to owed the board. It's since changed names and servers and now it's as dead as a doornail.

You also get PM to death by newbies looking for information. The board is slow with maybe 1 to 2 posts in the NJ section if you're lucky. The NY thread is a little more active.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
But it's a great spot if you want to see all (ok, a fraction of) the slinky haters* who only go there to whine about getting thrown off of UG, why UG sucks, why I suck, why they shouldn't have gotten banned for breaking the rules........

But I hope everyone goes there if only to see what's been stated here already... that in general, PM = death for an real discussion on PMB's.

* anyone want to make a list?

shorty said:
World Sex Guide. It used to include the US but that's been split off. Both boards now have different names. I stopped reading that board months ago. it's the same old drivel with no real content. Everyone is backchanneling. if you want to understand why UG has no backchannelling, read that board. you'll appreciate UG more.

There is plenty of back channeling here.
If I visit 10 whorehouses and someone else has been to 10 others, its a shame we can't trade info.

Slinky Bender

JIMYDR said:
There is plenty of back channeling here.
If I visit 10 whorehouses and someone else has been to 10 others, its a shame we can't trade info.
A) You can trade info all you want. You just can't "trade" info.
B) If everyone only does anything if there's some quid pro quo, not only do these sites dry up faster than a streetwalker's cunt after she hops out of your car, but you end up with guys:

i) Making up info to trade
ii) Not posting the "good" info, but mostly "throw away" stuff
iii) Just not being part of any "community".

How dead it is

johnpet said:
This would be absolutely true. Everyone's using the PM function so all the posts are just repeats or repeats. Also, you have a moderator who is certifiably insanne. Posts are screened for grammer and spelling before posted. Or at least, it used to be that way. If you posted anything about any topic you got flamed to death by the 4 guys who thought to owed the board. It's since changed names and servers and now it's as dead as a doornail.
How dead any subthread is has got to be ruled some by how dead the area of discussion is. Banter will be tolerated more in areas where there aren't exactly thousands of B girls to be picked up inexpensively and , if guys who are senior members are just posting greetings to one another after a spell of silence, so what? Why invoke a lot of gestapo-toned "Information! Seig Heil!" in any thread where the information is simple and limited? IMHO, I don't think anything else will make a board "doornail dead" faster than that approach will. The *Grandaddy* of male forums has just survived a severe battery of shelling from anti-sex groups and, given that it could still recognize and contact members from under it's old format,*Grandad* has managed a lot more under fire than I could say for some of it's younger competitors. If some sub-forum of it is dead, it'll usually be because the geographic area is dead. If an area of good activity draws some civil member bonding, I wouldn't be "Heiling" about it. *Grandad* knows tolerance, which isn't in everybody's vocabulary. Now I'm no Slinky-hater (just look at my post count; you'd have to be around a little longer to hate anything here), nor have I really fallen in cahoots with anyone on said other URL. I'm more of a freeballer (or should I have said freelancer? It's probably the same thing.) I would just hope that a report of an experience, in which I'm just telling it like it went, doesn't bring on any "Seig Heils" in the name of new 411. After all, there's always the chance that the best game in any town isn't a new one. We're dealing with a really ancient profession here to begin with.

slinkybender said:
And how did that happen?

There are two guys that claim they own the rights to the discussion board. So one guy stole the database from the other guy. From the data base that was stolen I had links to my site on there so when it was stolen my links went with it and that broke a law there.

I really don't care since the moderator was my hero until I head at age 50 something he was getting married to one of the biggest whores in Argentina. Many that hang with him banged her as well.

The guy went off the deep end.

Needless to say, there are maybe 5 posts a week in his DR section these days. When I was there, as many as 50 to 75 a week.

slinkybender said:
A) You can trade info all you want. You just can't "trade" info.
B) If everyone only does anything if there's some quid pro quo, not only do these sites dry up faster than a streetwalker's cunt after she hops out of your car, but you end up with guys:

i) Making up info to trade
ii) Not posting the "good" info, but mostly "throw away" stuff
iii) Just not being part of any "community".

I have been trying yo get into that famous Asian Place in Queens. It will never happen.

Slinky Bender

Clouseau said:
I would just hope that a report of an experience, in which I'm just telling it like it went, doesn't bring on any "Seig Heils" in the name of new 411.
I think this is a Red Herring. I don't spend a lot of time "over there", but my guess is that it's not too disimilar to here in at least one respect: The whiners who got botted from here never got booted because they posted "a report of an experience". they got booted because they broke a rule, and there's no rule against "reporting of an experience". The whiners mostly got booted because they posted an e*mail address and asked guys to back channel them, which has never been tollerated here. A few got booted for making ISO posts (which there are fairly clear rules for), and even fewer for other rules violations. But no one got booted for posting an honest "field report". EVER. (Of course, there have been a few guys who posted BS reports, the reports got deleted, and then THEY made asses of themselves over it. But that's another story).

Traderdave said:
I went on the site. All the info looks old without any updates.
funny, i just logged in today for the first time in about three months. looks like the site is dead. there were even a few posts i've read where guys were actually complaining about how much it sucks.

Slinky Bender

At least that's new.

It's a change from them talking about how much UG and slinky suck.

(and how they are going to make that site great and UG disappear, blah, blah, blah..)

How come people are so active here, then? Because there's information here. I've seen a lot of boards in many subject areas wither and die because the sense of order collapses - iow, no rules.

And there's no question that the desire of a lot of the members to do their business back channel would kill this board forever if it was allowed. Cliques are another way to destroy a board.