Wine, Drink, Cigars etc…

Really?
Never thought that…
@genius makes an interesting point..in his preceding post..
Perhaps the heat of burning tobacco would destroy those germs?
As for DATY/DFK, hmm..
Oh the burning definitely is enough to destroy the germs in saliva, however you are putting the unburned portion into your mouth first, so the burning cigar end is not really protecting you from germs. The one thing saving you is that it takes time to distribute the products to your store of choice.

The common cold and seasonal flus last a few hours (the vast majority) to a few days (but under the most ideal surface type, temp and humidity conditions - this usually is in a controlled laboratory environment) though a humidor probably makes these "perfect" conditions, so unless you smoke it the same day it is made not likely a risk. Same for COVID and Epstein-Barr virus (Mono).

Hepatitis B, can last 7 days, up to 2 weeks; Hepatitis C can last up to3 weeks

Type 1 herpes, can last for 8 weeks, but in this case higher humidity and plant material work against its longevity, Herpes does better in low humidity and inanimate surfaces

So there probably aren't any germs left by the time you smoke them, the manufacturers let cigars rest for 40+ days before even shipping them, especially so with the hand-rolled premium brands. Then you add in shipping & distribution time plus time on the shelf until you purchase it. And then if you are an aficionado as well, you probably are also adding to the rest time yourself, as the flavors change (just like aged premium alcohols will).

From seed to shelf
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/from-seed-to-shelf-8494
How to rest your cigar

.... yeah cigars can cause cancer but you gotta die from something.
You do realize that your statement is a very flawed argument.:rolleyes:

I don’t know of anyone who inhales cigars.. IMHO, not the way they should be enjoyed
In my younger days I enjoyed an occasional cigar. As opposed to cigarettes, the nicotine is more readily absorbed thru the mucous membranes of your mouth so you should not be inhaling.

When I walk past the cigar store in Farmingdale Village I get a whiff and still get the urge to go in even though I haven't had a cigar in 40 years. They have a cigar lounge in the back. Looks like a major serious cigar store if you cigar aficionados happen to be in the area..

Kinda a non sequitur, I guess, (maybe blasphemy is a better term) to be even thinking of going in when I walking to Runner's Edge for a new pair of shoes.

Oh the burning definitely is enough to destroy the germs in saliva, however you are putting the unburned portion into your mouth first, so the burning cigar end is not really protecting you from germs. The one thing saving you is that it takes time to distribute the products to your store of choice.

The common cold and seasonal flus last a few hours (the vast majority) to a few days (but under the most ideal surface type, temp and humidity conditions - this usually is in a controlled laboratory environment) though a humidor probably makes these "perfect" conditions, so unless you smoke it the same day it is made not likely a risk. Same for COVID and Epstein-Barr virus (Mono).

Hepatitis B, can last 7 days, up to 2 weeks; Hepatitis C can last up to3 weeks

Type 1 herpes, can last for 8 weeks, but in this case higher humidity and plant material work against its longevity, Herpes does better in low humidity and inanimate surfaces

So there probably aren't any germs left by the time you smoke them, the manufacturers let cigars rest for 40+ days before even shipping them, especially so with the hand-rolled premium brands. Then you add in shipping & distribution time plus time on the shelf until you purchase it. And then if you are an aficionado as well, you probably are also adding to the rest time yourself, as the flavors change (just like aged premium alcohols will).

From seed to shelf
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/from-seed-to-shelf-8494
How to rest your cigar
Great article TY

Just curious, what practice to you think is more of a sanitary problem: smoking a cigar with the spit and saliva used to make them being incinerated as you smoke it or doing DATY or DFK'ing?

MOD: this is not an STD question but of a sanitary one much like if you drop a piece of food on the sidewalk while walking do you throw it away or just brush off any visible debris and continue eating it.
The cigar maker silly. Now if it was a hot girl and she made it infront of me and put it inside her pussy and told me to smoke it I’m there

@Monty_monty
I was thinking more about the microbes in the interior of the cigar that are protected from the air and the hot gasses drying them out before they get drawn into you mouth to the susceptible oral mucosa. I was just guessing but I would think anything on the outer surface (and in contact with your lips, would have been in contact with air for a long time.

Is that like saying is she does not swallow, it’s not a real BJ?
First time I heard this I was 17 with a stacked 28 yo Woman parked in my car off the Belt pkwy. Sucking on what had to be 38DD. She asked me if I ever had a bj. I told her sure but I didn’t come. She said honey you haven’t had a real bj if you don’t come in her mouth.