Windows Mail

Hey anyone know why all of a sudden Windows mail doesn't open and wants my user log on and password. I don't think I even have one? It never asked for it before and now I can't read my mail. It will not allow me access ? Any suggestions ? Thanks

Yahoo mail is working weird today too. Screen keep shifting to the left so left border is not visible
Any tech guru suggestions?
Also my space bar key is not working more than it is.
It's a lap top so I just can't replace the keyboard?
Any good suggestions for a tech if I need one. I'm South Shore Western Suffolk!
Thanks

Last edited:

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Hey anyone know why all of a sudden Windows mail doesn't open and wants my user log on and password. I don't think I even have one? It never asked for it before and now I can't read my mail. It will not allow me access ? Any suggestions ? Thanks
If you are on a network log out and than log back in than open you mail again. Both logins are connected.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
Yahoo mail is working weird today too. Screen keep shifting to the left so left border is not visible
Thanks
Lap top keyboards can go bad and will need to be replaced from time to time. Depending on the brand of laptop this can be fairly easy to do. First order a replacement from tne manufactors website when it arrives there are usually 2 or 3 screws on the bottom of the laptop these are maked with a keyboard icon or a letter indicating they are keyboar screws. Remove the screws disconnect the cable remove keyboard and than reverse with new keyboard. In some models there are clips on top of the key board. There is an easier soluation you can buy a PC keyboard and plug that into the back of the Laptop to temporaly fix the problem. If replacing the key board is to much for you than bring it to Circut city or Best buy or a local repair center. It will cost you about 150 for the repair these places charge 50 an hour at least and the cost of parts.

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
If your home PC has a login try the same thing. Most mail program do have a login and you may have it turned on by mistake. Sometimes it is easier to just shutdown the PC and count to 30 than power it back on. This will clear any thing stored in memory. Power the PC back on and give that a try. Otherwise you may have locked yourself out of your mail. Kind of like losing your car keys. but give that a try. Oh just thought about one more thing, your ISP will always require a user name and password to access your mail even if you are using MS office or outlook. This may be the password that is being looked for, you should have created this when you setup your account. If you forgot it call your ISp tech support they can retrive it for you or do a reset. That I hope will solve your problem....

I tried to set up a new account and also tried to reset the password and still have problems with it. I set the new account as the default ***** account and still nothing. It is probably something super easy and maybe I will show my nephew and he can figure it out for me. Thanks again.

Thanks
I saw that too...thought something went wrong in the window settings. Looks like a general issue. Was able to move around with tab.

what do you mean by windows mail? Currently there are 2 types of mail offered by microsoft. Windows hotmail & windows live. If you are on the live page and have a hotmail a/c you need to type the full address. Not sure if that answers your question.

Are you talking about MSN or Hotmail? If so, there's nothing wrong. From time to time, just to check security, they will make you do this. Nothing to worry about. Yahoo mail, as well as other Yahoo sites will do the same, again, nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have responded. It is windows mail. I called the internet provider. Cablevision and some tech guy said it was as simple as resetting my password. He did it in about 10 seconds after verification process and it has worked since. I appreciate the input for all. Thanks again.