Why wasn't my post approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild guessing here but I bet there is an "auto-message" that can pop up especially for new members and/or some real estate on the screen with an easy link to the rules or a rule of the day, etc. I just see this as an eternal loop the moderators are stuck in.

At bare minimum I thinking that in the worse case the top of page where the UG logo/link is and also where the ads appear those areas and capabilities may be able to piggy backed onto in some manner.

Just did a quick skim of that sight.... It's all cryptic and totally unfamiliar to me so it could be referring to something completely else than I'm thinking in my mind but if I got it right there is an admin control panel. On it is a Communication section. Within that is ways to put up notices, alerts, messages, I believe including Welcome Messages, links, etc. I believe some can have time limits placed upon them. Some of it definitely refers to sending member email which in the worst case could be better than nothing but other references again if I got it right seems to refer to capabilities (unclear it builtin or via add-ons) that are available to do welcome stuff and alerts through the web.

At bare minimum I thinking that in the worse case the top of page where the UG logo/link is and also where the ads appear those areas and capabilities may be able to piggy backed onto in some manner.

Just did a quick skim of that sight.... It's all cryptic and totally unfamiliar to me so it could be referring to something completely else than I'm thinking in my mind but if I got it right there is an admin control panel. On it is a Communication section. Within that is ways to put up notices, alerts, messages, I believe including Welcome Messages, links, etc. I believe some can have time limits placed upon them. Some of it definitely refers to sending member email which in the worst case could be better than nothing but other references again if I got it right seems to refer to capabilities (unclear it builtin or via add-ons) that are available to do welcome stuff and alerts through the web.
I remember reading through the user chats and there was talk about new member notifications, but they were only available as add-ons or were no longer available on the upgrade. I forget, as it was last year when Slinky upgraded the software. I will look at it again. Thanks. I really would like to not have to constantly post reminders.

Thank you Billys. Any post I've ever made has only been with the intention of helping and informing. The message from the moderators towards me has been received.

I think part of my confusion is I did not know what rules I was breaking. Every time I put a post up it was deleted and I had to guess the reason myself. A PM, or editing my post with notes would have been more clear, but I'm not saying I'm entitled to these things. I have learned navigating this forum is like trial by fire.

Every time I put a post up it was deleted and I had to guess the reason myself.
Every time? Do I really have to research this and show you that isn't true? You just thanked billyS for saying that your reviews are valuable. Didn't you post in order to make those reviews? Why do you have to exaggerate and make us out to look like we are not allowing ANY of your posts to go through? Didn't we allow all these posts with your gripes? Didn't we allow the posts with the edits that I showed you earlier in this thread? Why are we the bad guys here? I am so sick of being questioned for doing too much. And now we're being questioned for not doing enough in sending you a PM? This is bullshit.

I'm tired of being blamed for the inability of members to follow the rules. I'm done here. Maybe your buddy billy can take over my moderating chores.

Last edited:
So I just looked back on this thread, and you write:
Yeah, you thought right. You referenced other sites on the comments that were deleted.
instead of using the word "post" i should have used the word "comment"? Those were all the "comments" i was referring to that were deleted. But isn't leaving a comment also posting a comment on a forum? semantics

I'm tired of being blamed for the inability of members to follow the rules. I'm done here.

Crickets. No one begging you to please come back.
As much as you'd like to think you can make guys do what you want them to do, you can't.
Instead of allowing posts that don't meet site requirements then berating or trying to steer them the way the site wants, just don't allow them. (Like this one, I'm sure)
Putting a red line through a sentence makes me LOL.
You assume people come on this site and read every word that's written, I doubt it.
Even I have enough of a life to not have time to read everything.
So just because you write it, doesn't mean it was read by everyone.

Lets see if anyone misses the bitching.....

Received an alert telling me to read the rules. But I have no idea which of my recent posts violated a rule. They were approved and posted without moderator comment or objection, and they had to approve them first So I want to play nice, but without knowing the infraction....

...I'm tired of being blamed for the inability of members to follow the rules. I'm done here. Maybe your buddy billy can take over my moderating chores.
Crickets. No one begging you to please come back.
As much as you'd like to think you can make guys do what you want them to do, you can't.
Instead of allowing posts that don't meet site requirements then berating or trying to steer them the way the site wants, just don't allow them. (Like this one, I'm sure)
Putting a red line through a sentence makes me LOL.
You assume people come on this site and read every word that's written, I doubt it.
Even I have enough of a life to not have time to read everything.
So just because you write it, doesn't mean it was read by everyone.

Lets see if anyone misses the bitching.....
Well, allow me to step on one of those crickets. I think Banacek contributes a LOT to this board. He polices the rules, he provides humor and content, he adds pictures and numbers to a lot of reviews giving them more value, he cleans the place up when it gets messy and he generally moderates the tone of things around here. Sometimes his passion about the board gets away from him and he gets a little hyperbolic, but I think everything Banacek contributes here far outweighs any issues I could have with him and I hope we see him back soon.

Received an alert telling me to read the rules. But I have no idea which of my recent posts violated a rule. They were approved and posted without moderator comment or objection, and they had to approve them first So I want to play nice, but without knowing the infraction....
I believe all members received the alert. I do not think it was personal to you. There was discussions about us not following rules ( referencing sites/expressing future plans/questioning what others pay/etc.

I got the same message

I remember reading through the user chats and there was talk about new member notifications, but they were only available as add-ons or were no longer available on the upgrade. I forget, as it was last year when Slinky upgraded the software. I will look at it again. Thanks. I really would like to not have to constantly post reminders.
Yup, you nailed it. Now, no one can see they were not advised to read the rules. If they fail to read them, then the consequences are on them.
Everyone got the message. EVERYONE. Even the moderators. I would have thought that was clear from this conversation. But I guess this proves my point why it's fruitless to be a moderator here because no one bothers to read. As FixerJim said, I assume people come on here and read every word that is written. That was my downfall. This thread has become useless as you can clearly see if you bother to read through it. Oops, my mistake.
If the FixerJims and Hollanders of the world wish to bash me further, you will have to do it on the Banacek thread. And while your post is appreciated, Joyboy, I am asking that no one else post positive comments about me so as to not stir any debate. I was not looking for any response to my departure. I merely wanted to explain the frustration that I was once again feeling in trying to keep this place orderly and thus my reason for finally giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.