Why was I given a warning?

I received a warning from Techgeek66 about inappropriate advertising /spam in which I did no such thing. Who do I speak to in order to have that warning removed. Thank you.

A single warning will not have any impact on your use of the boards here, so don't worry about any damages.
I have no idea who this user is. He is not one of the mods that I was told about. Are you sure that is who sent you the warning?
Which post was the warning for? Warnings are attached to specific posts.

I copied and pasted the message I received below it doesn't reference any post just my name

techgeek66

Jujucares,

Your message (Jujucares) contains inappropriate advertising or spam. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

A warning message always contains the thread where the offense occurred. It would be in the parentheses. I don't know why there wasn't one rather than just your user name.
I saw the warning. I don't know who techgeek66 is, nor why the warning was issued, since there is no offending thread listed.
I removed the warning. It would not have done anything anyway, as a single warning would not be enough for you to be restricted or banned. It is merely that - a warning.
I will report this issue to Slinky so that it can be further investigated.
In the meantime, relax. You are fine now. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

pokler

Power Bottom
A warning message always contains the thread where the offense occurred. It would be in the parentheses. I don't know why there wasn't one rather than just your user name.
I saw the warning. I don't know who techgeek66 is, nor why the warning was issued, since there is no offending thread listed.
I removed the warning. It would not have done anything anyway, as a single warning would not be enough for you to be restricted or banned. It is merely that - a warning.
In the meantime, relax. You are fine now. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Is there like a point system where with each infraction you get charged points and get banned if you reach a certain number of points or does the all powerful moderator simply ban at will?

As far as I know, the point system does not have an auto ban function to it. Then again, I've never gotten to more than 2 warning with anyone. But Slinky has banned people at will for gross conduct violations, some after public warnings. Others just on the spot. I don't think that Slinky himself used the warning system much. Seems that was more by the old mods and now me. But I'm not really a fan of it, because I don't like the general nature of the boilerplate sayings offered on there. It's just that sometimes I would prefer to give someone a private heads-up rather than a public flogging and the warning system is good for that.

Thanks very much appreciated. It just seemed very weird when I received it because I don't advertise I just post my reviews. Lol. thanks again

pokler

Power Bottom
As far as I know, the point system does not have an auto ban function to it. Then again, I've never gotten to more than 2 warning with anyone. But Slinky has banned people at will for gross conduct violations, some after public warnings. Others just on the spot. I don't think that Slinky himself used the warning system much. Seems that was more by the old mods and now me. But I'm not really a fan of it, because I don't like the general nature of the boilerplate sayings offered on there. It's just that sometimes I would prefer to give someone a private heads-up rather than a public flogging and the warning system is good for that.
It sounds like you can put in a stay of execution with Slinky if you think a member deserves a second chance but Slinky makes the ulimate decision of life or death of UG membership.

Yes, his ballfield - his rules. I am just a new referee.
But few members have received lifetime bans. And those that did, deserved it. Most bans are for a week or a month. Enough time for a member to reflect. And even those are far and few between.

Yes, his ballfield - his rules. I am just a new referee.
But few members have received lifetime bans. And those that did, deserved it. Most bans are for a week or a month. Enough time for a member to reflect. And even those are far and few between.
I'm one of those that got a temporary ban. It was shortly after I joined UG, and I had made a couple of glowing reviews. All of a sudden, I get banned for a month for being a shill (which I am not). Since I was new, I didn't make a stink or try to fight the ban. But from that point on, until my mostly retirement from the hobby, any of my reviews usually contained at least one negative comment.

Like I said, I've been mostly retired from the hobby for a couple of years, so I haven't had a review recently, but I still enjoy this community.