Why i like whores - Double standards (A whore by any other name)

OK. I mentioned in another thread that when I was in my early twenties I got traumatically dumped by a girl and became a misogynist. <self deprecation mode> Oh, the drama. Hah. </self deprecation mode>

So, about 1.5 yrs ago, when I decide my marriage is not working out (wife was sweet, but had the mind and maturity of a 14 year old at age 30) I got to wondering whatever happened to the one that got away.

She had left me in 89 to join the Army. We had made big plans for her last weekend as a civilian- I had a hotel room booked. The friday night of said weekend, I call to tell her I am on my way, and she acts shocked: "I told you it was over, and we were never going to see each other again." Huh? I refresh her memory at the plans we had made, she doesn't deny them. Her only response is that she "wants to make a clean break now, and does not owe me anything". Whatever. I heard she went on a blind date with some guy her friend set her up with and spent her last weekend crashed at his place.

This girl was a piece of work. She would get drunk, start a fight with me, and then go cheat fairly often. Why I put up with it is beyond me. Between actual BF's she would do lots of one night stands. By age 22 she was probably in the 75-100 range. WE had dated three seperate times. I figured she had self esteem issues. I know I sure did <G>

Anyway, after 20 years I track her down - she has married and divorced, has two kids from 2 different fathers, has custody of one, other lives with her ex husband. And she has news - she is bi-polar, has been in treatment, knows herself, her limitations, has grown up, etc. etc. She starts up with how leaving me was a mistake, that was the old "immature" version of her that did all that shit to me, etc.

OK, so, bear with me here... - I relocate to try to rekindle things (DUMBASS!) - first thing she tells me is that a few years back she had genital warts, had them "scraped out", but one never knows with HPV, and she is hereby informing of the risk of BB sex with her. I call that one from the little head and decide the risk is OK. (again, DUMBASS!)

We talk about what our lives have been - she recounts her periods of major promiscuity, I recount my periods of mongering... we both seem OK with our pasts...

For multiple reasons things did not work out again, and she broke it off just as suddenly this time as last.

The Ex hears about this, and suggests I need a mercy fuck to get this chick out of my mind. We do that. Word gets back to the old flame, who knows my ex used to be a provider. Her words to me on the subject were "I hope you had fun fucking that little disease infested whore"

Now, facts: Ex wife has slept with maybe 50 guys, including customers. Has never had an STD of any sort. Ex flame has slept with hundreds, and has had at least one STD that I know of.

So who is the real disease infested whore?
At least my ex got paid!

Excuse me world, but I got a problem with this double standard shit. No matter how slutty a girl is, she is still better than a prostitute with higher standards? The simple act of accepting financial compensation puts one in a lower social class than one who assigns no value to sexual encounters at all?

Seems to me slutty one night stands cheapen sex much more than P4P ever will. But that is just my 2 cents.

but I agree with the ending. Sex is sex. It's the intimacy that creates confusion.
And it is much more accepted for males to have sex without intimacy than for females.

So, since society seem to think it is something wrong for females to have sex without intimacy: what is worse, sex with no intimacy for the hell of it, or sex with no intimacy for financial gain?

I guess women just are not supposed to take charge sexually. If they want to be promiscuous, that's bad enough, but god forbid they gain anything from it.

The woman making the "disease infested whore" accusation had bought into the whole "selling it is worse" myth to the point that it let her feel superior to someone with a much less jaded sexual history.

What really gets me is that the sex with the "disease infested whore" was of course quite intimate, since we had known each other intimately for 10 years and had been raising 2 kids together. But hey, once a whore, always a whore, huh?

Seems to me that if anything, real whores are more honest.

Words are labels that stick sometimes. Worthless words.

Society is what it is. Some of us live in it and others hang out along the perimeter. Who's the wiser?

Lots of folks can wind up the wiser.
It can be a very small world indeed.

Thanksgiving, circa 1999:

Sitting round the table, SO elbows me, looking at one of my relatives, and whispers in my ear "I think I know him. He used to be a semi-regular when I worked at church st."

Respect for the whores? I have more respect for them than for any other type of professional women.

I am amazed at the contribution that providers bring to the human society. They deserve a monument as big as the Statue of Liberty.

They are many bitches and cheats among them too, don't get me wrong. We know how many complains have been written in this board alone. But those who know how to give and help they make a difference in many people's lives. They are the unsung heroes of this country.