Why do I have to follow the rules?

I thought I hit on most of these requirements, yet the thread was locked. It's also very similar to reviews I have written in the past. Oh well.

Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells, in honor of our recent snowfalls.

"Not dashing, you should know,
Is not the proper way.
And questioning the rules
Will make you go away."
Is what it is I suppose. The post I made was up to snuff except for the dashes. It's not nearly as bad as some others I see go unlocked. I'll be sure to include the dashes for future threads I may start, but I do find it a bit petty.

Is what it is I suppose. The post I made was up to snuff except for the dashes. It's not nearly as bad as some others I see go unlocked. I'll be sure to include the dashes for future threads I may start, but I do find it a bit petty.
Content vs. format are two distinct areas. Threads are closed for format violations, but not usually for content. But that does happen, too, usually when a thread deteriorates or goes off course. Format is a black-and-white issue. Content is more of a grey area.
The reason for the phone format rule is very simple. Slinky wants a uniform posting of phone numbers to aid in searching. Without it, members would not know how to enter a phone number in the search box and they would not be able to find appropriate threads about these ladies. That would result in members starting or posting in multiple threads about the same provider. This would make for a very messy board.

WADR - the guy who pays the bills and maintains this site is the one who determines what is petty and what is important.

FYI - when you want to use the search function on UG to see if a phone # is attached to a review, it is helpful if a standard format is used - otherwise if you get a *NOT FOUND* you wouldn't know if the # is not on UG or perhaps its there but not in the format you searched for.

Rules pertain to everyone. Read the rules first then post. Walk then run. This is a communal board, if people do as they please it will b chaotic and useless. Just like life-- play by the rules and it is fun. Don't- then your a dick. BTW if u read the rules u will see there is no self editing after the fact. Grow up and play right

Rules pertain to everyone. Read the rules first then post. Walk then run. This is a communal board, if people do as they please it will b chaotic and useless. Just like life-- play by the rules and it is fun. Don't- then your a dick. BTW if u read the rules u will see there is no self editing after the fact. Grow up and play right
Thanks for the advice. Fact is, you know nothing of me to refer to me as a dick, or stating the need for me to grow up. I have been very respectful in my inquiries. Perhaps it's you that should grow up and refrain from the name calling and adolescent actions. Actually, one can self edit posts....as I have just done it here. I also stated in an earlier post that I would be more observant of my threads.

Please explain, as I, too, was under the impression that the new board software did not allow user edits after you post.
ill reply now

What I'm writing now is an edit. After seeing my original post, in the bottom left corner is an option to edit. I just clicked it.

This is a second edit to the original post. Maybe it is a timed option, meaning after the original post has been posted for a set amount of time, editing is not an option.

But to come full circle, as I stated yesterday, I'll be sure to include dashes with the phone number. Thanks

My comment was a generalization. I did not mean to attack you personally. Like you said, I do not know you. That being said we all make mistakes. But being grown ups we learn and grow from them. Not blame others nor minimalize the importance of the rules. I think everyone gets the gist. Let's move forward.

ill reply now

What I'm writing now is an edit. After seeing my original post, in the bottom left corner is an option to edit. I just clicked it.

This is a second edit to the original post. Maybe it is a timed option, meaning after the original post has been posted for a set amount of time, editing is not an option.

But to come full circle, as I stated yesterday, I'll be sure to include dashes with the phone number. Thanks
thanks for the info.