Why are there no great brothels any more?

Exactly. Totally agreed.

Now, when you are dealing in the lower rent area like GGR, VIP's, and others, management will point you at the gal but most of the time you are going to be doing the negotiating yourself. Other than that, same rules apply.
Of course. I knew you know this. Just wanted to make sure it was clear to all readers.

Theoretically the difference between a strip-club and a pimp is that pimps set the standards for the product. Usually by coercion. Management acts as agents for sub-contractors who set their own standards of comportment. The "agents" match the client to the provider, and take an agent's cut for facilitating the deal.

That is the theory. In practicality it totally depends on the place and there may be little difference at all.
You left out the wire hanger, and the girls right to come and go, or change "pimps" clubs as they please.

You left out the wire hanger, and the girls right to come and go, or change "pimps" clubs as they please.

Unfortunately I know all about 'pimp sticks', etc.

We were discussing differences as effects customers: service, pricing, negotiation models, so I kept it to that.

When you're as obsessed with getting whacked as we are, being unreasonably upset about JAG's corruption and ultimate demise wouldn't be the first time that our priorities were out of whack!

A few years ago during the winter, I was in Time Square NYC around 2am, when a random black thug approaches me and asked me if I wanted to fuck a young hot thang of my choice. I laughed and looked around thinking this was some sort of joke. I asked and pointed into a crowd of people if he would clobber a girl of my choice and drag her into an alley for me to have my way with her.

When I noticed he wasn't laughing with me, I thought he was a cop or at least an informant trying to set me up. Sober as a judge, I said sure and he said to follow him. I can't remember what street exactly but halfway down it, we were met by another black thug where I was passed off and this new guy began leading me further down the block. Now we were on a well lit block with plenty of people around so I knew he wasn't gonna try to rob me.

We walk in silence for a few steps when he slows down and turns to me and says, "It's 60 for as long as you need but try not to go past 15 minutes. It is 40 to enter and you can walk around until you find your girl. We have skinny and fat, short and tall, and every race you could want. Once you pick, you tell her and she will lead you to a private area. You give her the remaining 20 and she is yours. You can do anything you want but no freaky stuff. You can't hit them and you can spit on them if they are okay with it. Just ask before you do anything."

I thought this was way too good to be true. So as he lead me to a black metal door that led into the side entrance of a very large building, I respectfully declined. He was not upset or anything and wished me a good night.

I am sure this was a brothel but does anyone know what I am talking about?

As I see it there are a couple of possibilities - I will list 2:

1. From the sound of the place there are a lot of girls in the place (We have skinny and fat, short and tall, and every race you could want) that are will to wait around until customers are brought in 1 at a time and get picked to earn their 20 bucks.

2. You give him your 40 bucks, he thanks you, tells you to knock on the door, say the pass word and walks away leaving you staring at the door.

Can you think of any others?

The ones I know about have a simpler business model than "We have skinny and fat, short and tall, and every race you could want"; they only have a couple of girls. The one I use (before I go to a legit massage so as not to be a pest to the legit masseuse) only has 1 young latina and doesn't advertise.
Yeah ...
3. He gets let in and they rob him for everything he has on him and/or beat the shit out of him.
I thought about that but decided it didn't fit with the methodology especially "I respectfully declined. He was not upset or anything and wished me a good night." Sounded more like a simple scam to me.

2. You give him your 40 bucks, he thanks you, tells you to knock on the door, say the pass word and walks away leaving you staring at the door.
The door was already open with two more black thugs standing there. I could hear music inside but no one else was going in or out. Quite the elaborate scheme to cheat me out of 40-60 bucks.

I will hang around that area one late night and wait for him again.