Who should have to become paying members in order to post on UG?

Who should have to become paying members in order to post on UG?

• Women

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Men

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Both

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
slinkybender said:
PS I already had the conversation with a few folks "It's obvious that she's about to unretire and that's why she's posting the shit she is".

And they wonder why I treat them the way I do...... it's just that they keep proving me right over and over and over again. Perhaps if they acted in the way that they expect me to, or even just didn't pull the same bullshit as all the other one's do and then think the same BS excuses as new to me just because they never tried to pull them on me... yet.

You sound so cynical!

Kimmie said:
You sound so cynical!
And they wonder why I treat them the way I do...... it's just that they keep proving me right over and over and over again. Perhaps if they acted in the way that they expect me to, or even just didn't pull the same bullshit as all the other one's do and then think the same BS excuses as new to me just because they never tried to pull them on me... yet.

You think after this statement by Slink he doesn't have a right to be?

fletch

Voice of Reason
I think women should pay for posting privileges on the board, and men should pay for access to reviews. You would keep almost the same amount of conversation, remain inviting to new people, while fairly charging for the most valuable benefits that regular posters enjoy.

justme

homo economicus
ditto fletch

(with the gender neutral 'supply sider' as a replacement for women and 'demand sider' and as a replacement for 'men')

(Anyone in the intersection should pay twice. Heh.)

And what the hell, ditto JL's comment about fletch, too.