Whitney's funeral

I don't believe this. Whitney's funeral is broadcast on at least four television channels. What was she? The Queen of England? Flags flown at half mast. I mean what's next? Are the banks going to be closed on Monday???

I don't believe this. Whitney's funeral is broadcast on at least four television channels. What was she? The Queen of England? Flags flown at half mast. I mean what's next? Are the banks going to be closed on Monday???
Only four channels? I live in NJ and I counted 10 channels as I perused what to watch. I wasn't surprised the local channels covered it since she was born in Newark and that's where it took place. The only channel that didn't cover it was CBS as they aired a college basketball game.

just another drug addict that died
Who just happened to make millions of people happy with her music and films. She's worked hard since she was teenager as a singer, model and then actress. She has at least a dozen hits and one of the few who sang the Nation Anthem with respect, she also donated all the proceeds from that single to charity. People do drugs, it's a buisness where it's easily accessible, her addiction does not dismiss her accomplishments, she was much more then another drug addict that died. She was obviously a well loved person in within her community, she had to have been a decent person, she didn't fiddle children like you know who, she just got caught up in the scene, it a occupational hazard. It's not my style of music but I can respect her talent and years of devotion to her fans, she has a beautiful voice and was one of the top female vocalist of all time. Etta James recently passed on and she had issues but left us with some really great music.