Which Online Sites are Still Taking US Action?

I got the same chipset. I am a little disappointed with the party poker labels on the chips. Also picked up a football and a basketball from them.

So basically what I have been reading is that soon all online poker will be shit can from the USA, Figure it would take a 6 months or so when the announce it. Ever since Noble poker went away I have had no luck anywhere so its probably for the best. I would like to see the law that says you can be arrested for being in a poker club. Poker is not illegal its profiting from the play of the game by others that is illegal. Not trying to start shit here but that is what I have always felt and heard of when places are raided. Underground strip and brothels are Illegal so I can see being arrested from being there. But playing poker is not.

I would like to see the law that says you can be arrested for being in a poker club. Poker is not illegal its profiting from the play of the game by others that is illegal.
OK, so tell me who is there who is not profitting from others? You want to argue that you only lose when you go there and go there to lose on purpose? I'd love to be the prosecuting attorney against a defendant using that argument. As we've said before an many issues: assuming the judge, prosecutor and jury are morons isn't the best strategy.

Oh, and if it's not illegal, I assume you would go to the DA and ask for your money back when a place you're in gets busted and they take your chips away and don't cash you out? BWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

OK, so tell me who is there who is not profitting from others? You want to argue that you only lose when you go there and go there to lose on purpose? I'd love to be the prosecuting attorney against a defendant using that argument. As we've said before an many issues: assuming the judge, prosecutor and jury are morons isn't the best strategy.

Oh, and if it's not illegal, I assume you would go to the DA and ask for your money back when a place you're in gets busted and they take your chips away and don't cash you out? BWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
6 guys playing poker on a saturday night at your house. Is that illegal ?
If your answer is yes that I am terriblely mistaken.

matter of fact.

S 240.35 Loitering.

A person is guilty of loitering when he:
2. Loiters or remains in a public place for the purpose of gambling
with cards, dice or other gambling paraphernalia;
Loitering is a violation

[[Substantial doubt about the constitutionality of Sec. 240.35(2) was expressed in People v. Melton, 578 N.Y.S.2d 377, 152 Misc.2d 649 (N.Y.Sup., 1991) on the basis that mere gambling as a player is not a crime in New York, and thus the attempt to criminalize the gathering for the purpose of gambling is improper. To the same effect, see also People v. Davidson, 696 N.Y.S.2d 640 (N.Y.Sup., 1999)]]

Reading this seems that it is pretty tough to get even a violation for the above offense.

This is what they get the people who PROFIT from the game.

Sec. 225.10 Promoting gambling in the first degree.

A person is guilty of promoting gambling in the first degree when he knowingly advances or profits from unlawful gambling activity by:
1. Engaging in bookmaking to the extent that he receives or accepts in any one day more than five bets totaling more than five thousand dollars; or
2. Receiving, in connection with a lottery or policy scheme or enterprise,
(a) money or written records from a person other than a player whose chances or plays are represented by such money or records, or
(b) more than five hundred dollars in any one day of money played in such scheme or enterprise.
Promoting gambling in the first degree is a class E felony.

Last edited:
Slinky Bender said:
Since I couldn't use my points to play in tourneys anymore, I got a fairly nice PartyPoker chipset (nice case).
Let's compare yours to the Pokerstars one I ordered a week ago... I should have it in about 4 weeks. ;)

I have been playing on Poker Stars for about a week, and the competition is better, but I am afraid to keep any more than 100 in the acct at one time, was the arrest of the Neteller guys the reason a lot of the On-line spots threw of NY players???

Sorry to revive an old thread :)

If people are still looking for decent sites (I know it's tough w/the US restrictions), I've just stumbled on a site called Carbon Poker. Competition's not too bad (easier than on Stars, IMO) and the software's very user friendly.

I have joined the duplicate poker website and played last night. Very fun site with some good players.

It offers a nice twist to regular hold em, and I now realize I am not as good as I think I am.