What's Your Poison?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Jack-n-Coke.
Outdoors in the summer Tequila Sunrise
Beer either Heiniken or Guinness on tap, ( have a Guinness in front of me while I type this) or sometimes Corona Extra.
If I'm feeling nostalgic a bottle of Bud.

Buddy of mine and I were just reminiscing about some White Castle the other day. Honestly, for me the best of the fast food burger taste wise. But WORST for the next day fireworks.

4 Cheeseburgers
1 order of chicken rings
1 Crinkle Fry

If the bag made it home I would construct each burger with a chicken ring and 6 fries in criss cross log cabin form. 3 down, 3 opposite, then a chicken ring on top of that. Those were the days!! Especially after pulling out of some Skank from the CMI, White Castle was next door. it was the perfect to-go/to-go after a session.

Jack-n-Coke.
Outdoors in the summer Tequila Sunrise
Beer either Heiniken or Guinness on tap, ( have a Guinness in front of me while I type this) or sometimes Corona Extra.
If I'm feeling nostalgic a bottle of Bud.
Guiness for me in the fall time always. football and Guinness are like peas n carrots to me. Sundays in the fall = the bar, Guinness, fantasy football.

I don’t usually drink but when I do it’s Balvenie single malt - Any bottle but the peat bottle. However, I much prefer smoking flower and vaping to drinking. Edibles don’t do much for me but sometimes I eat them
On Shabbat ;).

Any of you kitty mongers, wine aficionados ? Weather is cooling down and I am sick of drinking the same cabs/red blend bullshit. Some of you seem to have good palates based on the food threads, so anything out there that drinks jammy, fruit forward, not too dry you would like to share?
Thanks in advance

Any of you kitty mongers, wine aficionados ? Weather is cooling down and I am sick of drinking the same cabs/red blend bullshit. Some of you seem to have good palates based on the food threads, so anything out there that drinks jammy, fruit forward, not too dry you would like to share?
Thanks in advance
I try to buy wine from allocation, not knowing palate, pairing and price point it's hard to reccomend. But some moderately priced pinots I've been enjoying are produced by the Hilt, and Jonata which are owned by screaming eagle.

Also if you drive up to millbrook ny in November, you can buy bottles of William Sellyem which are a great value, and usually only available on allocation or in restaurants. Look for their larger formats for the best deals, I mean when do you drink just 1 bottle anyway!

Thanks in advance
Based on your request of jammy/fruit forward and not to dry ( and red) I would strongly suggest visiting the Aussie section of your local wine shop and look for shiraz and GSM blends ( grenache shiraz merlot blends) you can find plenty of choices from 15 to 25 dollar that would cost 45 to 55 if made in the US, France, Italy.
I would also suggest you try some portugese desert wines ( fortified wines call port) start with a layer bottle vintage port ( lbv) then try a tawny port and lastly a vintage port.

Vodka: Absolut or Sky, rocks, twist, or Martini; Shaken, not stirred, no olive, but a twist is fine.

Scotch: I agree with the above poster who suggested Johnny Walker Green, it is probably one of the better blended.

Sinlge Malts: My favorite: Balvenie Portwood 21 http://www.thebalvenie.com/range/portwood_21yo.html
In Brandy Snifter.

Lagavulin is too medicinal for me, but you can get it easily in NY.

Another Favorite is The Glenmorangie family. The Poortwood and Sherrywood finishes are supurb.
I looked back at this today - I would have to modify as my Taste buds have become fucked up and I have lost my taste for alcohol. I can tolerate some wine,but barely. Weed, however, is my current poison. Flower and Hybrids usually. Sativas make me too jumpy and pure indica puts me to sleep.

I looked back at this today - I would have to modify as my Taste buds have become fucked up and I have lost my taste for alcohol. I can tolerate some wine,but barely. Weed, however, is my current poison. Flower and Hybrids usually. Sativas make me too jumpy and pure indica puts me to sleep.
What happens if you drink wine?