Whats your excuse??

Being a newcomer (pun intended) to the hobby, I wanted to pick some brains as to what excuses anybody's used when being questioned by your significant other, wife, girlfriend when questioned about seeing a provider or SB? Thought it'd be a good question to post, and to have some arsenal in the future if needed.

P.S. hope I posted in the right forum

If there's even the slightest chance of being caught, or you have even the slightest concern over losing that SO, you shouldn't start the hobby. Just being honest. To successfully hobby, you need to be single, or have a SO who doesn't give a crap if you p2p. She knows you're not getting what you need from her and she doesn't care how you get it as long as her car is in the driveway, the roof is over her head, and there's money in the checking account when she needs it.
Or tell her it's not a hooker! It's my heroin dealer! That might trump the whole pay for sex thing and be easier to talk your way out of.

I would say going to the gym or working late probably top the list. There is also visiting my mother and having a drink with an old friend. Also try to hobby when you know she is busy and unlikely to call or text.

Being a newcomer (pun intended) to the hobby, I wanted to pick some brains as to what excuses anybody's used when being questioned by your significant other, wife, girlfriend when questioned about seeing a provider or SB? Thought it'd be a good question to post, and to have some arsenal in the future if needed.

P.S. hope I posted in the right forum
Tell her its her fault. If she gave it to you more, you wouldnt need to. OK, maybe you better not say that.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Depends what she's asking. My default excuse for being out at all hours is that I'm at a poker game. I used to play poker a lot. Then when I would hobby, I'd say I was playing. Now, I haven't played poker regularly in NYC in a few years and my wife thinks I play 2 or 3 times a week.

Maybe I missed the actual point of this thread. I thought it was, what do you say if your SO catches you with a number in your phone, or with a text in your phone, hence my "it's a drug dealer and not a hooker" answer.
As far as just sneaking away, I guess I'm just blessed. No need to sneak away from something you don't have. So I'm disqualified.
I've had SOs in the past but nothing I'd lose sleep over if I were caught so, I'm actually disqualified from that too. Oh well...