What's happening to New York sports teams?

Jesus F Christ!

The Rangers suck! The Knicks suck! The Islanders suck! The Mets suck! The Jets suck (last week was a fluke)! The Giants suck (mildly). And the Yankees were a huge disappointment! What's going on here? And there's no end in sight either.

Meanwhile the Jerseyites are in heaven because the Devils and Nets could be on their way to championships. Is it time to move across the river?

Hey.. J-E-T-S fans are excited. Their already counting their win next week against an injury ravaged Miami. Odds makers have made the jetsies 3 pt favorites.

The JETS win and they're only one game out of first.

pswope

One out of three
The Dolans know shit about sports mgt. They buckled to the pressure of NY's win now mandate and hired gm's lacking B Cashman's savvy for signing the right free agents.
The Knicks signed their death warrant when they made the Ewing trade instead of clearing cap room and eating his last years salary.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
On the flip side...

Philly teams are doing better.

The Eagles are rolling.
THe Flyers are off to a fantastic start.
The Phillies are going to be major competitors for signing Thome, Maddux, Glavine, Bell, Moyer and veteran relievers for a change.
And the Sixers are...never mind.

Originally posted by Intown
Jesus F Christ!

The Rangers suck! The Knicks suck! The Islanders suck! The Mets suck! The Jets suck (last week was a fluke)! The Giants suck (mildly). And the Yankees were a huge disappointment!

I have no fuckin idea what you are talking about. As far as I am concerned. The Yankees won the World Series this year. Any news reports that say the contrary are all Taliban concocted lies...

Fuckin Bin Laden lies I tell you!!!!!!!

Originally posted by pswope
The Dolans know shit about sports mgt. They buckled to the pressure of NY's win now mandate and hired gm's lacking B Cashman's savvy for signing the right free agents.
The Knicks signed their death warrant when they made the Ewing trade instead of clearing cap room and eating his last years salary.
The Knicks signed their death warrant by signing the leagues most over rated player.... Alan Houston to that joke of a contract.

Meanwhile the Jerseyites are in heaven because the Devils and Nets could be on their way to championships.

The Nets? Possible.

The Devils? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

hired gm's lacking B Cashman's savvy for signing the right free agents.

What "savvy" might that be? Signing Giambi? What a genius! How about listing all the millions he's thrown away (Duquecito; Morales; Henson; R. White, and more) that no one mentions cuz he could just go out and sign the next ex-MVP or Cy Young winner that hits the market.

And the Sixers are...never mind.

Never mind what? The Sixers are a very good team.

Lets get one thing straight....teams in Philly just cant win! The jet fans think they just won the superbowl, until this week when they suck again and the media has hacketts and edwards heads. And it was all down hill for the knicks once checketts and grunfeld rode their horses out of town, and by the way checketts called it, he proclaimed that the knicks were done when he left and everybody laughed.... its time to rid NY of the dolan family! And as for the Yankees, they will get hampton and another stud and be ight in the mix for another championship........I have nothing to say about the mets.

Lets get one thing straight....teams in Philly just cant win!

2003 Super Bowl: Broncos v.s Eagles

... and the Eagles will win

(and this is coming from a 49er fan)

2003 Eastern Conference Championship: Nets v.s Sixers

... in what will be a seven game WAR

Originally posted by Stecchino

This is basketball, right? Tattoos, gangstas, possee's, 4-steps-before-traveling, trash talk, white-boys-need-not-apply, etc.? The NBA?

<Yawn...>

Flounder

Sleeps with the (rest of the) fishes

I don't think The sixers will do as well this year since they lost Mutumbo to the Nets.

I'm going to the Jet game sunday night, 40 yard line, 18th row. I wasn't going to even go, but with the Dolphins having the 3rd string QB in, we might win this one. I may bring a brown paper bag, just in case. I agree Flounder. But who else is there in the east?

Reel Deal, it sounds like you have some "regrettable biases" towards the NBA and those who make up its rosters.
Nope.

I love basketball. Used to like the NBA. Used to be a game.

It's just Urban Thugball now.

But I do have "regrettable biases" toward thugs.

Originally posted by Flounder
I don't think The sixers will do as well this year since they lost Mutumbo to the Nets.
Actually, i think they'll do much better than they did last year. If you watched last year's Celtics-Sixers series you saw a step-slow Mutombo (what's he, 40?) rendered far less effective on the defensive end because of the new illegal defense rules. The Sixers gave up an aging shot-blocker for a decent, young center (the other T-Mac) and Van Horn, who no matter his shortcomings, will be a HUGE boost to the Sixers offense as the legit second scoring option they've been looking for ever since Iverson got there.