Webstats ...

It's 624 am, on Sunday, 3/24 ...

Web stats here says:
Members 1 (vad1), guests 47.

My footsteps seem to echo through this mansion of many rooms - where so much has taken place and will take place.

There is the distant murmur of guests, musing aloud in the guesthouse. But, for now, just for now, I am alone here but not lonely.

And realize what a privilege it is to belong here.

Mods, APM, thank you.

V

It's 624 am, on Sunday, 3/24 ...

Web stats here says:
Members 1 (vad1), guests 47.

My footsteps seem to echo through this mansion of many rooms - where so much has taken place and will take place.

There is the distant murmur of guests, musing aloud in the guesthouse. But, for now, just for now, I am alone here but not lonely.

And realize what a privilege it is to belong here.

Mods, APM, thank you.

V
...and miles to go before I sleep....and miles to go before I sleep..

Vad, you are not alone. Just an FYI.

I always clean my browser history on exit. When I first navigate to the site I will show up as a guest. I only log on when I have something to say. I post and then again clean history on exit.

I use security apps to clean my computer and phone. Anything I don't want people to see resides in an encrypted hidden folder on a thumb drive that can only be opened with matching SW kept somewhere else.

It's a habit I developed more than 25 years ago, when the web was just starting out. It's been a constant battle, as new features meant for ease of use try to link more information together. I've gone so far as create fake users on my PC and then wiped them out after I am done.

One day I may lose this battle. But for now I remain unknown (UN Own)

Vad, you are not alone. Just an FYI.

I always clean my browser history on exit. When I first navigate to the site I will show up as a guest. I only log on when I have something to say. I post and then again clean history on exit.

I use security apps to clean my computer and phone. Anything I don't want people to see resides in an encrypted hidden folder on a thumb drive that can only be opened with matching SW kept somewhere else.

It's a habit I developed more than 25 years ago, when the web was just starting out. It's been a constant battle, as new features meant for ease of use try to link more information together. I've gone so far as create fake users on my PC and then wiped them out after I am done.

One day I may lose this battle. But for now I remain unknown (UN Own)
To paraphrase Joseph Heller, from my ATF book, Catch-22. — I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get me. IMHO the movie sucked — but I digress.

We follow similar computer hygiene rules that I would like to expand on.
I use two browsers; Firefox is my default for everything except monger related and IE for mongering related with pop-ups disabled, no saved passwords, no bookmarks ever used. Upon exit from IE all history, cookies, etc., are automatically cleared. Addresses for Monger sites I frequent and my monger only e*mail are entered each time and I have a password scheme that consists of a reasonably secure common prefix concatenated with a site specific suffix.

I clear out my clipboard, whether or not I copy or paste during anything monger related, by copying some innocuous text to it. Yeah, I could have created a clear clipboard cmd shortcut on my desktop but then I may get asked by my SO why I need a clear clipboard shortcut.