Was A-Rod a great Yankee? Steroid users in HOF

Girardi wasn't a bad manager.
He won alot of games including a world series.
His problem was his loyalty to the core 4.
You guys were loving him when he ripped that extra base hit off Maddox in the ws.:)
I agree - Although he didn't show much loyalty to Posada - that ended kind of ugly. I said to everybody when it happened - be careful wanting to get rid of Girardi because you don't know who you are going to get instead. I think Boone is OK. However - I think I would rather have Girardi.

I agree - Although he didn't show much loyalty to Posada - that ended kind of ugly. I said to everybody when it happened - be careful wanting to get rid of Girardi because you don't know who you are going to get instead. I think Boone is OK. However - I think I would rather have Girardi.
I would agree with you regarding Girardi. I always liked Girardi.

I think there was more to that. I dont think Posada was good to the younger players. Steve, Also, what you said about Jeter, If I remember, cant you say the same about Posada? Didnt Girardi want to move Posada down in the batting order, and Posada went nuts? I always liked Posada, but not sure he was as likable late in his career.

Girardi didn't dare ask Jeter to move his spot in the order or to play another position but he had no problem moving Posada around and even benching him. Posada was a hot head ... but just goes to show Girardi had his favorites or maybe he was afraid of Jeter. I don't know. I am guessing we will find out eventually.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think there was more to that. I dont think Posada was good to the younger players. Steve, Also, what you said about Jeter, If I remember, cant you say the same about Posada? Didnt Girardi want to move Posada down in the batting order, and Posada went nuts? I always liked Posada, but not sure he was as likable late in his career.
I remember a national televised game against the Red Sox where Posada refused to play because Girardi had him penciled in as ninth in the order.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Was that in the era before testing was done or before the results mattered? I don't recall how it was set up except that for a number of years positive tests had no consequences.
That was a one year thing. It was supposed to be a blind test just to see how many guys were using and if it surpassed a set percentage than the testing with penalties would kick in the next year, which they did.

Of course someone leaked that Arod failed.
He should have denied it like Big Papi did and forced the rat to reveil himself.
Of the rat never would have because he would have gone to jail because there were clauses protecting the players privacy.

If Piazza took steroids, he would have hit 60 home runs every yr. I wish he did take them. Would have helped my team.
As a Mets fan, I always felt that Piazza was the real thing. I remember him falling over after a foul tip to the balls. He was screaming but he got back up and played. Whether or not he was tipping pitches, I very much enjoyed seeing Clemens shelled at the 2004 All Star Game. What goes around comes around.

No comparison between the two of course but I used to think of Darryl Strawberry as the king of meaningless home runs. Towering shots that didn't change much. Maybe I was too hard on him.
I loved him as a Yankee. So did his teammates.
He had one of the best swings I've ever seen. He scared the shit out of right handed pitchers.

Another dumb move by the Mets for letting him go. Same with doc.