Walking away … End of Career/Profession

What’s your interpretation of a good return?

Most financial planners suggest 5-6% annually , taking a conservative stance…

( That being said, prior to this years correction, we were looking at 40% gain for the last two years…Had I listened to myself, and went all cash, I would not have given up years of retirement income )
Projections forecast lower returns for 401k in future years

Having the plan is critical..!!

Few of the gents here offered some constructive thoughts on how and when to walk …..

I find myself having an unexpected 3 days off, with no plans..SO breaking balls already.. do this.. do that .. etc.. I’m sure many of us have been there..

“Can’t you going back to work before Monday” I’m asked…

Besides mongering, no significant hobbies besides puttering around garden and enjoy outdoors… Would love to travel extensively, but not quite there yet…

Ughh.. looks like I’ll be back to work Monday
Maybe go for a swim in the cold ocean. It always resets me. Especially in the winter.

Be careful. Stay very close to shore. Riptides occur.

But the sheer awesome power of the cold ocean always humbles me, and wipes clean my petty thoughts about marriage, mongering, money, health, mortality.

it is a readily available, powerful shock treatment.

If the ocean is too much to handle, just a long cold shower, or go in the backyard and turn the garden hose on yourself and let the air and sun dry you.

Away from NY now, I follow the local customs of the natives in Asia. We hang out in the mountains, cool night air, steams, saunas, sulfur baths, and plunge into cold pools, and just sink into ever deepening levels of relaxation and peace.

These guys escape and wash away their job concerns and family problems nightly and reset to face the next day, refreshed, renewed.

if your gig in life is tough, and mongering no longer reinvigorates as it once did, take matters into your own hands, and find ways to naturally abolish your melancholy on a daily basis.