Walking away … End of Career/Profession

The question is inspired by our esteemed provider Sophia Belle who has suggested she may be moving on from current lifestyle and start a new chapter..

We all of course, wish her the best ..She will be terribly missed, when and if the time comes.

Changing careers, professions ( from something you clearly enjoy doing), takes courage, and guts, resources and plenty more

I’ve had two completely different professions over the years, but reaching a point— a bit short of official retirement, thinking I too am ready to walk away…

One gets used to the routine, steady income, ability to have FU money.

Looking for the catalyst—
Yet to find it.

The question is inspired by our esteemed provider Sophia Belle who has suggested she may be moving on from current lifestyle and start a new chapter..

We all of course, wish her the best ..She will be terribly missed, when and if the time comes.

Changing careers, professions ( from something you clearly enjoy doing), takes courage, and guts, resources and plenty more

I’ve had two completely different professions over the years, but reaching a point— a bit short of official retirement, thinking I too am ready to walk away…

Yet to find it.
I’ve had the same job for 27+ years. I make 6 figures doing it. It’s paid for 2 divorces, 2 homes, raised 2 kids and paid for well over 100k in mongering over those years.

But my body is breaking down. I’m a lot more irritable on super hot days like today. My job is a combination of both physical and mental work. I’m staying as long as it takes for my youngest kid to get on his feet, Get his own benefits and leave the comforts of home without worrying if he’s coming back with his tail between his legs.

The other part of me says leaving my job means I’m really getting old. And I don’t want to hear it yet.

But if I do retire, I’d probably go into retail with a small shop somewhere. Sports cards ? Comics ? Video Games? I have tons of all of it. I could open a Collectables store tomorrow if I wanted.

But that means walking away from the job security of my current job and that’s scary…

I am in the process to retire started selling off a few rental homes shortening my hours at shop I have purshased property in the south and currently building my last home with all requirements to place accessibilty if and when the time comes. With a pension plus IRAs and the sale of all properties which have no morgages but I want to get out and enjoy life while I am still able.

I am in the process to retire started selling off a few rental homes shortening my hours at shop I have purshased property in the south and currently building my last home with all requirements to place accessibilty if and when the time comes. With a pension plus IRAs and the sale of all properties which have no morgages but I want to get out and enjoy life while I am still able.
Sweet best time to sell enjoy life!

Sweet best time to sell enjoy life!
I was surprised how many are out there buying now.... I might wait before selling anymore to see if the market picks up in couple of years.....the only things I am holding onto are my business (which I am grooming two of nephews to run ) and two commercial properties this way I am still getting some cash flow (without working)

I am in the process of selling my business and hopefully that happens within the next month or two. I have put away enough to not have to worry about money any more. I am done. The stress and anxiety of owning a business is too much to deal with when you have enough in the bank. When you don't have the money in the bank when you are young - you have no choice but to go on. Now - sorry - let somebody else deal with the headaches.

Yet to find it.
When you enter certain careers where employment becomes harder to maintain as you get older (professional athletes come to mind — how often had you heard a few years back how amazing Tom Brady is even though he was about to turn, gasp!, 40!); it is best to think about and especially to prepare for a follow up career.

This is especially painful when you enjoy what you are doing.
IMHO if you are not saying to yourself every day "I get to do all this stuff every day and they pay me too!" — then perhaps you picked the wrong career.

Some approach it as staying in their career field but in a different capacity e.g., a ballet dancer coaching ballet or an athlete coaching a team).

A good book that's been around forever (and constantly updated) on the subject is "What Color is your Parachute"

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I’m retiring from a career that I love so that I can be loved on a different level. I’ve had the best time providing but there’s something to be said about having someone to go home to every night that loves you. I’ve had the opportunity to experience so many amazing things through this hobby, and I will be forever grateful for that. I’m just ready to settle down and make 1 man the happiest man in the world. For years I have listened to y’all about your lives and relationships and where things go wrong… it’s like a blueprint of how to be the perfect partner. Hopefully I’ll get it right ❤️

I’m retiring from a career that I love so that I can be loved on a different level. I’ve had the best time providing but there’s something to be said about having someone to go home to every night that loves you. I’ve had the opportunity to experience so many amazing things through this hobby, and I will be forever grateful for that. I’m just ready to settle down and make 1 man the happiest man in the world. For years I have listened to y’all about your lives and relationships and where things go wrong… it’s like a blueprint of how to be the perfect partner. Hopefully I’ll get it right ❤️
Even though we have never met. I’ve enjoyed your insight and banter on this board over the years.

Not many providers are able to get out clean. It shows your strength. :)

I'm also one of the we have never met, but have followed your posts here on UG and enjoyed you perspectives and insights, over the years. I do hope that in your retirement years you still come back to the UG Boards and keep providing more of it.

If there is one person that I’ve met in this journey of hobbying that I can wish happiness, peace and love, it is you my dear….

Insightful commentary so far…

Had I known then, what I know now…

Civil service, would not have made me wealthy, but offered a pension, and more importantly lifetime health benefits…

Never had the fortitude to throw it all into a business, which I could call my own

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm also one of the we have never met, but have followed your posts here on UG and enjoyed you perspectives and insights, over the years. I do hope that in your retirement years you still come back to the UG Boards and keep providing more of it.
Honestly Sophia, my advice would be to block Utopia Guide and never come back.

If you truly want to make a clean break and put this lifestyle in the rear view mirror then forget about UG and all the "friends" you have made here.

Honestly Sophia, my advice would be to block Utopia Guide and never come back.

If you truly want to make a clean break and put this lifestyle in the rear view mirror then forget about UG and all the "friends" you have made here.
Totally Agree.

I don’t know how much your SO knows Sophia? But the less the better. If I found out the woman in my life was on a website laughing , giggling and reminiscing with dozens of guys she slept with, it would bother me greatly.

I would like to think of myself a little differently than other mongers. I hope every provider makes a killing , gets rich and gets out of the business pursuing their life’s dreams. It’s a dirty business that pays well if done right. So hopefully the time sacrificed is as minimal as possible.

So keep that closet full of skeletons locked. Throw the key away. And forget that it was ever there.

Be well. And as Mr. Spock says “Live long and prosper”………

I can’t agree / disagree with the last two statements…

Of course I’m not speaking for SB, but if someone does something that they truly enjoy , how do you just “lock that door and throw away that key”

My former profession/ former life and lifestyle- tremendous memories- cannot just turn certain things off

billyS

Reign of Terror

Of course I’m not speaking for SB, but if someone does something that they truly enjoy , how do you just “lock that door and throw away that key”

My former profession/ former life and lifestyle- tremendous memories- cannot just turn certain things off
I really didn't know where you were going with this thread and now I suspect neither did you.

Are we talking specially about Sophia? Because if we are than given her presence here the past seven years she deserves a dedicated thread.

If you just started a general thread about how do we know when to retire and walk a away from a career then it doesn't go in this forum unless the you and the guys who initially responded are sex workers.

billyS

Reign of Terror

It's hard to pin you down on this post because of the "agree/disagree" part of the statement.

You ask how someone can just walk away from something they truly enjoy? Well let's just assume you mean working girls.

I'm not speaking for Sophia either but sometimes a girl really doesn't truly enjoy this life but pretends so only so so can make the money she needs to get out.

I know of two other ladies who left the business within the last three years.

One was at one time a heavy presence here both in participation and advertising the other was never a participant on UG (she actually found it annoying when her thread was bumped after she had stopped seeing new men and no longer advertised elsewhere) although she was very well reviewed here.

Both want no part of looking back.

One because she got married and doesn't want to disrespect her new husband, he knows what she did and doesn't want her keeping in touch with old "friends". She moved out of state and is very happy.

The other started the career she originally came to this country for and it's a very well paying job. She never really liked what she was doing but did so out of necessity and put up a good act. But like someone pointed out about her once that level of gfe is very hard to maintain without taking it to the next step so she would just ghost guys who were catching feelings or trying to get to close.

But bottom line both walked away without looking back.