Video Games

When you play a video game on your computer, how do you set the "difficulty level" ?

• I always win

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I win most of the time

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I win some of the time

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • I rarely/never win

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
When you play a video game on your computer, how do you set the "difficulty level" ?

1) I always win.

2) I win most of the time.

3) I win sometimes.

4) I never win.

i don't play video games on my PC because the video cards no matter how fast they are, just aren't as good as an X box or playstation 2.

I spend all my free time on boards and reviewing sites.......then I actually do some real work here and there.....the last video game I think I played was pacman in the Pizzahut in langhorne pa...next to sesame place when my kids were young.....and that is no lie......a question...what fun would it be to set a game to win all the time? Eliminates the challenge.

Last edited:
cute graphics on the poll chart.

how about a poll " do you engage in BBFS with mentally challenged under aged protititutes?"

on second thought... maybe allen won't like that one.

None of those choices apply to me

I set the difficulty to the next setting beyond my current skills. That way it's always a challenge. If I know I'm going to win, or I know I'm going to lose, there's no point. Why play if I know the outcome?

But if I think I might win if I try my hardest or improve my skill, then it's entertaining.

justme

homo economicus
If you are setting the difficulty just beyond your current skill, then chances are you are rarely winning (by definition of just beyond, I think). Looking at it another way, setting the difficulty to the poin that you're rarely winning is pretty much the same as setting it just beyond your skill level (by the definition of rarely, I think).

Grand Theft Auto

For those who haven't tried this game yet or heard about it - you should definetly check it out. Basically, you steal cars, shoot people and accomplish missions for various crime families. As a further perk, you can pick up street walkers. After you pick up your "date" you drive off to a secluded area and the car starts a rockin' - its hilarious.

Re: Grand Theft Auto

Originally posted by hedgenyc
For those who haven't tried this game yet or heard about it - you should definetly check it out. Basically, you steal cars, shoot people and accomplish missions for various crime families. As a further perk, you can pick up street walkers. After you pick up your "date" you drive off to a secluded area and the car starts a rockin' - its hilarious.
Wow!

Originally posted by Ozzy
i don't play video games on my PC because the video cards no matter how fast they are, just aren't as good as an X box or playstation 2.
Xbox uses an Nvidia Geforce2. My PC's have the latest graphics cards that smoke the Xbox. The quality of graphics on a designed for PC game is far superior. Check out Unreal 2 or Jedi Knight 2 Outcast. The resolution and color is far superior on a PC with a decent video card. Remember a TV has very low resolution. A very good video card also shows off it's power with superior fog/haze, lighting and shadows.

Difficulty level has nothing to do with winning for me. I love video games and play way too much. I set the difficult ratings to the hardest level and still win most of the time. Xbox rules.

I'm addicted to the Madden/NCAA Football, Nascar, MLB games on the Game Cube. Its the most ergonomic controller out there, so you could conceivably play for hours at a time. Wish they had more titles similar to GTA, etc., but that will never happen with a system geared to be "family friendly."