Vaccine Passports

... In the context of replying to that topic I mentioned that my children and their children will never know the many freedoms I enjoyed coming up, like hopping on a plane without being body scanned or photographing the entrance to the QMT without fear of arrest or not having to have my passport stamped for vaccinations that I have received for instance. .......r.
so you are comparing the freedom of "hopping on a plane without being body scanned or photographing the entrance to the QMT without fear of arrest or not having to have my passport stamped for vaccinations" to being offered the choice between being taken away from your friends and family, sent off to some far away land to kill or be killed, people who did nothing to harm the US or going to prison if you refused? The guy I played football with in HS came back in a box.

Back in the late 60's at 5am, over 400 SCPD cops raided the dorms at SUNY at Stony Brook. This was during finals week. Those that were in their dorm room (cops had warrants) were arrested if the cops either had prior evidence of drug possession or if drugs were found during. For those that they couldn't locate in their dorms, the cops got class records of the students they needed to arrest and determined and while they were taking their final exams the cops marched into the room or lecture hall, identified the person, cuffed him or her and dragged them out. I was there. This happened. This was for possession of pot. One guy, a senior in my class had a single marijuana plant in a clay pot on his window sill when the raid happed. He was convicted of a felony and was sentenced and served a year and a day in jail (sentences of more than a year meant you lost your right to vote) . 1st offence for anything.

BTW, you mentioned nothing about the situation for blacks. Have you seen any of the films of the marches thru the south by MLK? People dressed in suits quietly walking down the road and the cops set the dogs on them. Nothing like the so called mostly peaceful protests of today.

When I 1st got married, my new wife who had a Macy's credit card for over 5 years, went to customer service to change her name on the card. The clerk said “May I see the card” and my wife handed it to her. The clerk then took out a pair of snips, cut the card in half, threw it in the trash and handed me an application for a Macy’s card and said that I could put my wife on my card as an authorized user but I would be responsible for all purchases.

In 1950 five year survival rates for cancer was 25%, in the 70's was 49%, and now is (2007-2013) is 67%

I'm not saying the good old days were all terrible — they weren't; all I'm saying that sometimes we subconsciously filter out the bad leaving only the good.

As I said "Sometimes the good old days weren't as good as the good old days" (I didn't originate that phrase — maybe came from a Simon and Garfunkel song?)

I am not comparing anything. Again, I am truly sorry for your experiences of being clubbed, bitten, made to ride in the back of the bus and denied access to the lunch counter. It saddens me to no end that your friends were arrested for shooting pot and you have steel plates in your feet from stepping on punji sticks. OMG the horror of a woman having her credit card cut in half!! I can't believe the things you have lived through. You should write a book! It makes me embarrassed to complain that I used to catch as many fish as I could eat in the 60's and now I need to buy a license and there is a catch limit of one big one a day. I am down to skin and bones because some days I have to throw them all back or risk a $5000 fine. But it is nothing compared to your experiences. I salute you sir! Thank you for your service to our great country and the mongering community.

I think the phrase about the good old days along with rules and regulations, who needs them? came from Simon and Schuster not Garfunkel. :)

.....I used to catch as many fish as I could eat in the 60's and now I need to buy a license and there is a catch limit of one big one a day......
Just curious, I get a saltwater fishing license every year and there is no cost. Although, I never saw a limit of one fish (usually 5 or 10 on certain fish and unlimited on others like bluefish as I recall) but certain fish, like flounder or fluke the is a minimum size below which you have to throw them back.

Is it proof of vaccine or proof that you have antibodies that's important? I would say the antibodies - people that have recovered from covid will not be offered vaccines I think.

Just curious, I get a saltwater fishing license every year and there is no cost. Although, I never saw a limit of one fish (usually 5 or 10 on certain fish and unlimited on others like bluefish as I recall) but certain fish, like flounder or fluke the is a minimum size below which you have to throw them back.
Striped Bass is one I believe. The geniusgullibus is another. I usually use a hook, line and sinker. This particular fish doesn't fall for that easily so I was forced to use the trolling method instead. It seems to have worked. Just another fish story. :)

Is it proof of vaccine or proof that you have antibodies that's important? I would say the antibodies - people that have recovered from covid will not be offered vaccines I think.
Maybe not initially until every one else gets vaccinated.

From what I understand the antibodies your body generates form the vaccines just approved are superior to those from actual infection from the virus:

The vaccine is made from the protein that develops the spike-shape and not the virus. This means that if the virus mutates the antibodies will still work on mutated COVID virus.

It is not known how long the antibodies generated from actual infection will last. With the vaccine if they start to wane a booster shot may be required periodically. For example a booster from tetanus is recommended every 10 years for maximum protection.

Meet and greet NYC vaccine and ID question: when meeting a sugar baby candidate 'for drinks' or later at a hotel, are venues requiring vaccination proof with matching gov't ID ? How do you discreetly handle vaccine screening to maintain your monger identity separate from real life ? I don't go out much but I have seen food-serving venues require vaccination proof for food eat-in but not enter-order-takeout.
This is not a question about faking being vaccinated but could be a question about being recorded/reported as vaccinated under a pseudonym.

Meet and greet NYC vaccine and ID question: when meeting a sugar baby candidate 'for drinks' or later at a hotel, are venues requiring vaccination proof with matching gov't ID ? How do you discreetly handle vaccine screening to maintain your monger identity separate from real life ? I don't go out much but I have seen food-serving venues require vaccination proof for food eat-in but not enter-order-takeout.
This is not a question about faking being vaccinated but could be a question about being recorded/reported as vaccinated under a pseudonym.
Make other plans