Using the software to post on UG

A couple of things about posting came up this week that made me realize that everyone doesn't necessarily know about how the board software functions. So here goes.

REPLYING TO A POST WITH A QUOTE
In order to reply to a post, all you need to do is to hit the reply button on the bottom far right side that is underneath the comment you want to quote. The software will then put that comment into the blue highlighted box at the top of your reply and you type your comment underneath that. (I notice that some members have been typing their reply on top of the quote. You can do that, too, if you prefer, but I think it reads better with the replies under the quote. Like the women on here, though, to each his own. So do it whatever way you prefer.)

MAKING SUCCESSIVE COMMENTS
If you make multiple comments in a row, the software might repeat the previous comment, depending on how much time has elapsed between comments. In order to avoid that, simply refresh the page between comments. You do not have to log out and back into the software to avoid that. I try and fix these errors when I come across them, so you may not be aware of how frequently they occur.

( not sure where to ask this)
If I am not mistaken, when a post is directly responded to ( in the form of a reply) I was notified in “toolbar” that the respective post was directly replied to… similar to someone liking your post.

This does not happen any longer

Has a setting changed or am I mistaken

billyS

Reign of Terror
( not sure where to ask this)
If I am not mistaken, when a post is directly responded to ( in the form of a reply) I was notified in “toolbar” that the respective post was directly replied to… similar to someone liking your post.

This does not happen any longer

Has a setting changed or am I mistaken
It's still happening for me.