Urban Legends

I've heard many an urban legend over the years, but the one that comes to mind that belongs in a discussion on a hobby board is from The Newlywed Game.

Reportedly, host Bob Eubanks posed the question along the lines of, "Gentlemen, what is the strangest place that your wife will say you ever made whoopee?" I can swear that I recall a WOC replying, "In the butt, Bob." But Eubanks has denied this exchange ever took place. Websites like Urban Myths and Snopes have discussions about it. And I've seen video clips of a woman answering with a bleeped-out answer. But I cannot find the example that I remember. Does anyone remember this incident?

Because baseball season just started, I was thinking about what I recall as a joke Soupy Sales told on air:
"I took my wife to a baseball game and I kissed her between the strikes and she kissed me between the balls."
Only problem is that I am not sure if I actually heard it aired or if it's an urban myth that I'm recalling. Does anyone recollect actually hearing it on air?
There's discussions of it online where some people swear they heard it while others claim he would have been tossed off TV for saying such stuff.

Other jokes attributed to Soupy include:
"My wife can't make an apple pie but she can sure make my banana cream."
"Why are a woman and a frying pan alike?" Answer: "Because you have to heat them up before you put the meat in."
"Why are babies so flimsy when they're born? Because they're put together with one screw!"

There are also claims that people heard Soupy do this:
Soupy was doing a bit with either White Fang or Black Tooth with some letter flash cards. Soupy would hold up an "F" and ask what letter was it, the response was "K". This went on a couple of times until an exasperated Soupy exclaimed "How come every time I see 'F', you see 'K'?"

Because baseball season just started, I was thinking about what I recall as a joke Soupy Sales told on air:
"I took my wife to a baseball game and I kissed her between the strikes and she kissed me between the balls."
Only problem is that I am not sure if I actually heard it aired or if it's an urban myth that I'm recalling. Does anyone recollect actually hearing it on air?
The joke was (and it sounds better too) "I took my wife to a baseball game — I kissed her on the strikes, and she kissed me on the balls."
Supposedly these are all urban legends and I watched him every day after school as a kid and never heard him say such things. He did say, and I remember him getting suspended from the air for a while (couple of weeks?), was asking kids to go into daddy's wallet and putting those "little green pieces of paper" into an envelope and mailing them to him.

He denied in his autobio ever saying such (except for the "little green pieces of paper".

I saw him on TV once a while back ("Best of early TV comedy" I think and he said that the show was live, hardy any script and many ad libs and the crew always played practical jokes on him. One practical joke: There was always a part of the show where there was a knock on the door in the set and soupy would walk over and open it. Usually the arm of white fang (or black fang?) would appear when soupy opened the door and soupy would do some jokes or skit. The crew got a woman to stand totally naked such that when soupy opened the door she would be standing there, soupy would see her but the audience couldn’t.
This came as a total surprise to him and he had to figure out what to say (THE SHOW WAS LIVE!) as obviously the skit he planned to do with white fang kinda went out the window.

I remember the "mail the money" bit, but wasn't sure whether it was something I actually saw or just heard about. A Wiki article I was reading mentioned that he denied the off-color jokes in his bio.

I remember the "mail the money" bit, but wasn't sure whether it was something I actually saw or just heard about. A Wiki article I was reading mentioned that he denied the off-color jokes in his bio.
Oh it be real - I remember him apologizing (mail the "little green pieces of paper") on the air and then getting suspended from the show for a couple of weeks. This was mid 1960's as I recall.