Underground News

This time around, it's not Big D, nor JVJ callin' the shots. I'm talkin' G SMOOTH STYLE!!! ;-) These past 2 Wednesdays, I HAD A BALLL!!! :) Can't complain. G Smooth's not the founder of ASSCON, but his last 2 parties brought me back to those days. Oh yeah, I can't forget about Brian C's parties in Harlem back in 2001. I'm gonna leave it on that note. ;-)
ASS-Cons had a mix of down low gals and dancers from mid and high end clubs. White, Black, Hispanic and Asian. Some 8s & 9s walking around. That the case at these parties?

If that is the case shoot the info to UGstaff@utopiaguide.com and I'll drag Slinky out there with me myself and report back here.

Very Little Mixture.

ASS-Cons had a mix of down low gals and dancers from mid and high end clubs. White, Black, Hispanic and Asian. Some 8s & 9s walking around. That the case at these parties?

If that is the case shoot the info to [*****]UGstaff@utopiaguide.com[/*****] and I'll drag Slinky out there with me myself and report back here.
So far, I've seen 1 White, 1 Asain, and few Hispanics. The mixture can be better if the strippers weren't afraid to come to Brooklyn. Once they hear the party's in Brooklyn, they be like, "Nevermind". Some of these strippers come through after they leave Big D's, so I'll talk to them into bringing more mixtures. That's the best I can do. I sent Slinky Bender the info, but I don't think he received it. As you wish, I'll send you the info.

Gah, I'm missing out :(. Does anyone remember the brainfest that use to go around in the Bronx? Those were the craziest Underground parties I have ever been too. Last UG I went to was Bump&Grind but I dont think there around anymore.

You're missing out alright.....

Gah, I'm missing out :(. Does anyone remember the brainfest that use to go around in the Bronx? Those were the craziest Underground parties I have ever been too. Last UG I went to was Bump&Grind but I dont think there around anymore.

The Brainfest got raided in October 2002. There were a couple more after that, but it wasn't the same. Now I hear it's somwhere in the Bronx on Thursdays.

The Brainfest got raided in October 2002. There were a couple more after that, but it wasn't the same. Now I hear it's somwhere in the Bronx on Thursdays.
Really, damn I'm from the Bx and dont know where.....haha. Anywayz there was also a small bar type spot on rosedale across the street from a barbershop a few years back that use to have parties on wednesday's.

I actually went to a friends bachlorette party at a brainfest, she was a lesbian as you can guess. Funny thing is half the job went there, including 2-3 straight girls who thought it was a regular strip club....haha.

For some reason I've been whoreboard nostalgic of late. And underground nostalgic. Reading old posts and missing these days:

http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21725

What is up with the underground? I'm hooked in slightly but five years ago there were so many choices. Different things, different nights. It was really poppin'. Hotel parties. Amazing hotel parties. Regular spots. Asscon, of course...

Are things going to pick up? Will the tanking economy make the underground feasible again? I remember going to a party at an insane midtown hotel suite that D put together that was totally off the hook. Two floors or was it three? Huge. Filled with dancers of every flavor. The Sultan of Brunei Suite. And obviously, these types of spots got priced out as the masters of the universe sucked up all of NYC's oxygen...

And yet, at the one spot I currently have access to there seems to be a bit of an upward pressure on pricing. Go figure...

Will talking about this shit make things "better" ????

Last edited:
I wonder too. I wasn't really that into the underground, but I see what you're saying. I suppose that "some graduated" to more stable and "secure" venues, rather than the "one-offs", so we won't see them (not even sure if it's plural) throw parties any longer.

The ones I keep seeing are Rambo and his pals, and some dude in Brooklyn. I'm pretty certain there's stuff going on, but it seems to be pretty short duration on the "regular" spots though. I think one of them had a "regular" tuesday night in Manhattan for about a month and a half before the owner of the place kicked him out.

The ones that remain also seem to be pretty "low-fi" compared to what D used to produce. That doesn't mean that there aren't gems to find at the events - I most certainly did - but they're like 1 in 20 or so......

Curious to hear Slinky's thoughts on this...

And a Rambo thing hit my inbox this morning...

I guess I need to start being a little more aggressive in doing recon. Again, looking at the old threads we were very lucky to have Slinky serving up the dope info. It was very easy back then to hook into the underground. Somewhere there's a thread started by Slinky that discusses the changes happening in the underground because of the influx of us, the Utopians. Basically, the underground got mainstreamed...

The State Of The Ug.

Fellas,

As we all know, the UG isn't what it used to be. The UG, like the economy, hit rock bottom. There's more less of a crowd at parties. There are less BALLERS, and more PENNY PIMPS, UGH!!! The high priced chicks refuse to negotiate. Most of all, the promoters aren't working together. Instead, they're competing against one another having parties on the same day. Don't you hate it when there's 2 - 3 parties going on at the same time and us mongers, and dancers can't make up our minds to which party we want to go to, UGH!!! I spoke to several promoters about that, but they paid me no attention. INCONVENIENCE IS A BITCH!!! In Uptown, Manhattan, there's Freaky Fred, Money Boss, Hannibal, Rambo, Koran, and Demarko. I already know what to expect from these parties. Sometimes, they're having parties on separate days. Sometimes, they're having parties all on the same day confusing everybody. Oh yeah, Hannibal's not the KONY (KING OF NEW YORK), so don't believe the hype. In Brooklyn, there's L&LP, 24/7 Ent, G Smooth, 423 Ent, and sometimes Supreme Clientele. All I gotta say about this is L&LP RUNS BROOKLYN, PERIOD!!! You can't beat his prices. My problem with this L&LP, 24/7 Ent, and 423 Ent all have close relationships with one another, so why compete with one another having parties at the same time??? As the Monday Night Football ESPN commentators would say, "C'MON MAN"!!! As for Queens, it's up for grabs. These promoters really have to come together and work something out with out and bumping heads. I know they're trying to make their money, but do it the right way. After what I just said, the only 2 promoters that isn't affected by this bumping head competition is L&LP, and HANDS ON FLAVA. As for me, I spend most of my mongering the L&LP parties. Like I said, you can't beat his prices. I went to THE SAUNA for the first time just to see what kind of show he delivers. More PENNY PIMPS than BALLERS, UGH!!! For those promoter who have that problem, you need to search for better clientele.

411 you said it best my man. I know i don't have a lot of posts, but if you look at the date I joined you can see that i've been around for a minute. The Red Door was my favorite place. But the thing that makes me wonder is something thevenereble said. What happened with Jean and Nowman? I wasn't plugged in all the way, but did they move to another state? I'd go visit lol. I've always looked for the better spots but now i don't think there are any. How is that possible? It's really not. Pour one out for the house on the hill!

A party for Brian C.

I went to L&LP's last night only because it was it was Brian C's birthday celebration. Otherwise, I really don't care too much for The Loft. Me and Brian C go back ten years. I remember the very first time his party got raided. DAMN THE NYPD GOT US GOOD!!! It wasn't funny then, but looking back and talking about it, we laugh about it. Anyway, I saw some new talent that I never seen before. I had a SQUIRTING good time with one, SPLASH!!! My main squeeze Apple came late, so she missed the action. As for Hypnotic, she should change her name to Rocky. Everytime there's a scuffle, SHE'S INVOLVED!!! She's such a HOTHEAD. This time, the lucky one was Bad Ass. Hypnotic's gonna meat her match one night. What's that saying, "Every dog has its day." Near the end, Tease was pissy drunk, so was Brian C. When I was helping her walk to the dressing room, she was stumbling/leading me to CHAMPAIGNE ROOM and asked if.........you know the rest. NO WAY ROSAE!!! I lost my virginity to a drunk, NEVER AGAIN!!! So, I left her in the Champaigne Room passed out and let Brian C know she was in there. I gave the staff members a pound, and went on home. SHIT, I FORGOT ABOUT MY SUNGLASSES!!! OH WELL, I HAVE A SPARE PAIR.

Yep.

Thorn: Same Hypnotic that use to do the UG parties?

Same Hypnotic. USED TO??? I didn't know she stopped doing UG parties for awhile.

Last edited: