Underground in Vegas?

I'm moving to Vegas next month. Permanently. On a NYC salary.

I've got a whole list of indies to check out (thank you all who have posted over the last couple years).

But there MUST be a ton of underground places -- like The Spot, DSS, etc.

Anyone know of any, or how to break into that scene once I'm on the ground there?

Why would there be a ton of underground places in Las Vegas? The market is for tourists. I would expect there to be very little underground action, and of that, mostly "alternative" stuff (BDSM, queer, etc). I've been wrong before though.

whitelightening

Known liar, all posts suspect
There is the Red Rooster, a swing club that meets through a self storage facility office location to get the address and entry pass. That way they check you out before hand.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
"Recent figures place the population for the Las Vegas metropolitan area, which includes all of Clark County, at around 1,950,000 people (2005 estimate [3]), the fastest growing in the United States. "

And it's been the fastest growing city for like the past 15 years.

Also, LV is noted for being very expensive/overpriced for tourists, which would be all the more reason why locals would have some sort of "underground".

Unless anyone thinks out of almost 2 million people, no one want to pay to get laid.

PS Phoenix is currently the sixth largest city in the U.S. The Phoenix Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is currently the fourteenth largest MSA of the United States, with a population of 3,251,876 (according to the 2000 U.S. Census); with a 2004 estimate of 3,790,000.

Not to mention that the girls who work for those agencies...well, let's put it this way, stick with the indies, they are truly professionals & generally sweethearts.
And of course, LV is high priced with everything, absolutely a tourist market, and after all, when we go out there on vacatioon, money can tend to have a lot less value than when you're back home working like crazy. But nothing necessarily wrong with that, I know when I'm away or on vacation, I tend to be more generous & free with my bucks than in normal everyday life!

whitelightening said:
There is the Red Rooster, a swing club that meets through a self storage facility office location to get the address and entry pass. That way they check you out before hand.

Went there several times about 15 to 20 years ago. Had a great time there. Each time I managed to get several pops, each a different girl.
There were two types of people there, the locals and the tourists. The locals tended to hang together and swing together and it was difficult for outsiders to "penetrate" the group. The tourists were there more out of curosity but would often get into it. Often, the tourists are into the swing scene back home.

I checked the website (google "red rooster+las vegas") about a year ago. A single guy can still get into the place, but with the new "couples only rule", he can't get into the swing areas. Only couples can go into those areas and by "couple" the rules mean that you arrive as a couple. At best, these days, a single guy can probably only sit at the bar (and its BYOB) and watch the couples go by.

There was a club in Phoenix like that (forgot the name). They let single people in, but they couldn't go to the rooms upstairs (where all the sex was) as long as they were single. At the top of the stairs you'd see a bunch of really horny single guys begging you to let them join you. It was kinda pathetic, actually.