UG Version 2 (or Web X-X-X) :)

1) So where's the button for the ads?

Fixed

2)(Firefox) the pages load off-set by ten- fifteen %

Fixed.

3) Can you make the icons announcing new posts "brighter"?

Trying not to make anything too bright. Threads with new posts titles appear in bold.

4) and...my banner disappeared!

Fixed.

last question..the white bacground is too bright for my old eyes..any chance darkening this slightly?

thx.

otherwise ..props to the upgrade and thank you!

one suggestion

I've been talking about UG on some private ladies boards and they did show interest.

Couple of the girls did register, but I told them to be very careful about posting their information on the wrong places and just do it where they were allowed to.

I got them mailing me this morning saying they were scared to post because they could not find the right place to introduce themselves.

I took a look around trying to find the board where newbie providers could advertise - as a trial period - and nada!

Where is it? How a new girl can try UG out if there is not a visible area for them to post their ads?

Alas, we tried that for a very long time and found that there were 2 types of female posters: those which really wanted to post on the board, and those who wanted free advertising. We had hoped that it wasn't the case, and that women who came here would post and take advantage of A free ad..... but it just did not work that way. there were dozens of women who posted free ads, got business, came back and posted more free ads without ever taking out a paid ad OR adding anything to any discussions, and then when they were told that they needed to read the rules and pointed out that the free ad was a one time thing, they simply said "all I want is free advertising, so please remove me from your site".

If all they really want to do is say hello, that gets done all the time. But that isn't even really necessary: all anyone needs to do is join in on the discussions. But were are out of the business of providing free advertising because it just doesn't work. On a side note, we gaurantee our advertsiing if an advertiser comes on and actually supports their ad with posting. In other words, if someone pays for an ad, actually posts on the board regularly, and still doesn't get any calls, we will continue to run the ad without charging until they get their $ worth. but we simply got burned too many times the other way.

Alas, we tried that for a very long time and found that there were 2 types of female posters: those which really wanted to post on the board, and those who wanted free advertising. We had hoped that it wasn't the case, and that women who came here would post and take advantage of A free ad..... but it just did not work that way. there were dozens of women who posted free ads, got business, came back and posted more free ads without ever taking out a paid ad OR adding anything to any discussions, and then when they were told that they needed to read the rules and pointed out that the free ad was a one time thing, they simply said "all I want is free advertising, so please remove me from your site".

If all they really want to do is say hello, that gets done all the time. But that isn't even really necessary: all anyone needs to do is join in on the discussions. But were are out of the business of providing free advertising because it just doesn't work. On a side note, we gaurantee our advertsiing if an advertiser comes on and actually supports their ad with posting. In other words, if someone pays for an ad, actually posts on the board regularly, and still doesn't get any calls, we will continue to run the ad without charging until they get their $ worth. but we simply got burned too many times the other way.
fair enough...I will copy and paste your reply to their mails :)

thanks!

I will ad, however, that on many occassions we have gotten requests about advertising that we thought were earnest, and we told the person that we would put up the ad, and they could pay us if it was successful, and if it wasn't, pay us whatever it was worth, including if that was zero.

Again, the problem we found with a free ad section, or free ads in any section, was that the vast, vast majority were not interested in participating or ever paying for advertising, but that their sole interest was free advertising.