UG Member of the year - SirF!

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Wow, after the last month or so of his life that he shared with us here, SirF wins as UG Member of the Year. Congratulations and here is to a more pleasant 2011!

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
The Top 5 vote getters:

1. SirF
2. seeker
3. paulbunyon *
4. sidekicks *
5. h von bingen

* bunyon and sidekicks are mods, so their positions are just here to show you where they fell in the voting.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
From my notes, the UG Members of the year were:

2001 - Bill Furniture
2002 - justlooking
2003 - Thorn
2004 - Wwanderer
2005 - gavycrav
2006 - gavycrav
2007 - gavycrav
2008 - seeker (sympathy vote because he should have won in 2006)
2009 - marcinny
2010 - SirF

Nice work guys...

2001 - Bill Furniture
2002 - justlooking
2003 - Thorn
2004 - Wwanderer
2005 - gavycrav
2006 - gavycrav
2007 - gavycrav
2009 - marcinny
2010 - SirF

Nice work guys...
Thanks for that research, gavy. I hope we get to go to Roosevelt soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home

2001 - Bill Furniture
2002 - justlooking
2003 - Thorn
2004 - Wwanderer
2005 - gavycrav
2006 - gavycrav
2007 - gavycrav
2009 - marcinny
2010 - SirF
I'm honored (first, I'd like to thank my parents...but not tell them), but oddly I not only don't recall winning, I don't even recall there being such a title or competition back in the days when I was most active on UG...nor any votes etc.

How do you vote anyway?

I'm slightly baffled (as usual).

-Ww

Sienfeld was the great show on TV ever... It was a show about nothing... Doesnt that Make Seeker, UG member of the year. He had more posts about nothing, than any other member on UG..... My vote is for SEEKER......

Gavy was a three-time MVP. Well deserved
Not only is he my best friend for life, I think he has a lot to offer as a member of this community. There are just so many times I just wished I was able to read more of his stuff. Just o wonderful writer, very generous, always quick to buy the first round. He is witty and charming.

Yes, NJspas, it is "well deserved".

Last edited by a moderator:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
In his defense...

Sienfeld was the great show on TV ever... It was a show about nothing... Doesnt that Make Seeker, UG member of the year. He had more posts about nothing, than any other member on UG..... My vote is for SEEKER......
My long standing fued with seeker is long over. Seeker did some things that I didn't always agree with, but he really did keep things moving in the NP4P section of Utopia Guide. For my part, I was guilty of reading my own press clippings and thought that my exploits were must reads. It's funny, towards the end of my posting, I wonder if I just wasn't going out there in some way to just have something to write the next day on UG.

Well, back to seeker, he kept things moving. Kept people talking, whether it was how they loved his threads or detested his threads. He kept it interesting. And, in the end, maybe UG was a better place when he was posting more often.

I know seeker has other things on his plate right now, so he probably won't respond to this. I will leave the above post as a tribute to him and the work he did for those three years as NP4P moderator.