UG Member of the year - SirF!

It is getting time for the annual vote- Think I started this post last year- Who do we think should be voted the UG member of the year? Base your opinion on any reason you deem noteworthy- Provider, Member whomever...

I am going to cast my ballot for Ozzy- I have never met the gentleman (quite frankly, I have never met many of you), but his posts and responses over the past few months in the Politics-Religon arena of the UG forum have kept me highly entertained and informed- I also admit that I share his opinion on most political views

Runner up goes to BillyS for his thorough reviews and particular format that he posts them in- Great job too as a new moderator

My wish for the the year to everyone is health, prosperity and happiness-I would hope that I can have the means to meet many of you in both a professional and personal atmosphere

T1

Last edited:
Just off the top of my head. I'd nominate Billys and muffdvr. They provide a lot of detailed reviews.

Also, Maybe a special mention as a newcomer this year, came out guns blazing with reviews in the newbie forum and then moved on to the regular forums. That would be RQDVNT. Not a lot of posts, but done well right off the bat.

My ballot goes to BillyS for his detailed reviews and his great work as a rookie moderator and fairemily for her insightful input.

I also want to place a vote for superwoman for the best thread "Your unfilltered thoughts" a great idea for an open form thread of what ever you wish to write about.

A Happy and Safe Holiday to everyone on here!!!!

My ballot goes to BillyS for his detailed reviews and his great work as a rookie moderator and fairemily for her insightful input.

I also want to place a vote for superwoman for the best thread "Your unfilltered thoughts" a great idea for an open form thread of what ever you wish to write about.

Thank you Chris but I hardly deserve such an honor.

I have so many favorite members it's hard to choose but BillyS is right up there at the top for his loyalty and contribution to the board.

Nominating me for an award THIS YEAR is like giving Bob Dylan (or anyone else whose long been irrelevant) a Grammy.... as is the Grammy's usual MO.

And now everyone knows why Slipperyhands was banned from the Sports Forum.... cause I maintain a douchebag free forum.

Last edited:

Thanks Chris--but Only you and I and a few others post on that thread. I don't think it has caught on. Thanks for the nod though--very sweet. I am not sure who the award should go to this year. I am trying to think who has given the best reviews/most interesting posts/or has been the biggest asshole! Any other nominations?
From who has been mentioned--so far Billy,Emily, and Ozzy really would be in the running--for their posts. I would have to say Emily! Us girls have to stick together:)and you know most guys like us t o g e t h e r! (with no clothes on of course)
Have a good night. XO

I have always enjoyed the exploits of Gavvy and Bunyan, I love Popeye's reviews. Jupiterman provides a sense of surrealism since you need to figure out if he did it or dreamed it, paperpusher has come on strong recently with insight and depth, and old reliables like qqq and scott68 always hit the nail on the head.
But,
when Genius talks Oldfool listens.

Nominating me for an award THIS YEAR is like giving Bob Dylan (or anyone else whose long been irrelevant) a Grammy.... as is the Grammy's usual MO.

And now everyone knows why Slipperyhands was banned from the Sports Forum.... cause I maintain a douchebag free forum.
OZ-

Are you suggesting I should recant?

Olyvia Newton John was nominated for a Grammy last year -- I mean...

Of course Ozzy is one of the members that made UG the great site that it is, i enjoy reading his posts, he has interesting things to say and does so with great passion but in talking about 2010 IMO it has to be BillyS hands down. He's been a tireless moderator and the most active memeber for a while now. he's been the driving force behind keeping UG moving forward and has done a great job.

And, oh yeah, reading his steamy reviews feels like something out of the penthouse forum, and they are very well done. Kudos Billy for all your work!

I have always enjoyed the exploits of Gavvy and Bunyan, I love Popeye's reviews. Jupiterman provides a sense of surrealism since you need to figure out if he did it or dreamed it, paperpusher has come on strong recently with insight and depth, and old reliables like qqq and scott68 always hit the nail on the head.
But,
when Genius talks Oldfool listens.
Hey thanks old fool hopefully we'll have some more zany hi-jinks to post about in the near future, its been a slow couple of months for us, I think we have only gone out once this Fall.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm really surprised I'm being mentioned so much in this thread. I know I don't hobby as much as I used to but when I do I like to share.

As far as moderating goes, since I don't hobby as much as I used to, I wanted to contribute more so I volunteered to help clean up all the spam.

I really appreciate the vote of confidence some of you guys gave me, it has been a tough year on the whore boards for me, being banned for life on another (albeit a pussy shit) board and still facing an active campaign here to have me banned or at least removed as a moderator.

My own vote would go to Wwanderer. I glad he decided to come back to UG. He gives the board both class and clarity. I always click on the thread when I see his name as the last poster.

Runners up would be Genius and Paperpusher. Leading the charge in the AMP threads they have Suffolk to Queens covered. Both bring their unique views of the Asian mind, have many TOFTT reviews and most important are brutally honest.