UG discussed on the Howard Stern show today...

Aristotle

Just another girl on the IRT
I can not imagine that UG could come close to paying for an ad on the HS show of any kind. but if Sal is seeing this, maybe he can think about a Q&A with slinky about the subject he was talking about with "an expert"?

actually, is not that expensive....

I did a search and found this, as part of an article about HS advertising rates:

"Rate drop
Spots are going for $5,000 to $6,000, with live reads, the term for on-air talent pitching the product, maxing out at $10,000. When Howard Stern's show was broadcast on terrestrial radio stations, he commanded $30,000 for a live read."

WADR to those that are looking for an increase in business, I really can't understand the rational for Slinky to sink significant dollars in advertising UG. What is the net benefit to him and this site? It would obviously be a benefit to those that reap financial rewards from this place, i.e. service providers. But would UG be able to increase advertising rates due to an increase in membership? IDK. But since it's a free site and the lurkers outnumber the active participants 1000 - 1, I don't see the benefit.

I did a search and found this, as part of an article about HS advertising rates:

"Rate drop
Spots are going for $5,000 to $6,000, with live reads, the term for on-air talent pitching the product, maxing out at $10,000. When Howard Stern's show was broadcast on terrestrial radio stations, he commanded $30,000 for a live read."
That's because satellite is subscriber driven not commercial. They initially were commercial free and played music during the five minute break a few times a morning. When Sirius got in money issues they started selling commercials. But you can't get a single spot for 5G. You have to buy ad time in chunks either by the quarter or year. And you're getting a spot once a day or once a week. Add up just the once a week spots @5G a pop and it's 260,000 per year. Imagine what Snapple paid on commercial radio when they advertised with Stern. They had a spot once an hour with at least one live spot daily.... for 20 years.

WADR to those that are looking for an increase in business, I really can't understand the rational for Slinky to sink significant dollars in advertising UG. What is the net benefit to him and this site? It would obviously be a benefit to those that reap financial rewards from this place, i.e. service providers. But would UG be able to increase advertising rates due to an increase in membership? IDK. But since it's a free site and the lurkers outnumber the active participants 1000 - 1, I don't see the benefit.
Well, look UP...how many PAID advertisers Slinky has right now?

Of course all of you wants a FREE board, but we - advertisers - are the ones paying for this site being up for you to get your free access.

IF Slinky advertises, he gets more new members and they will patronize the ladies shelling the dough to support the board.

Without advertisers, the board will not thrive and to get more girls paying to be here, we need more clients to pay the girls.

Right now, UG just have a bunch of guys posting and none of you patronize the girls paying for ads here.

All you do is talk about spas, CL and BP women who gets the free exposure from you and and neither - the posters or the girls discussed - are in fact supporting this board financially.

Just a mention of UG on the HS show brought new guys here and - it was the first time in ages that I got few new clients saying they found me on UG and booked with me this week.

For a girl to pay 300/400 bucks a month in advertisement, the investment has to bring paying clients...otherwise is not worth, right?

Exactly... UG has no subscription service, it sells nothing but advertising. So all UG could gain is exposure, and who pays for exposure.... ADVERTISERS! Think of UG as a network... it probably averages a certain amount of hits to the site per month much like networks average ratings (viewers) and bills the advertisers accordingly. You want exposure on higher rated shows like a Super Bowl.... and you pay SB ad rates.

btw.. If you heard the whole clip (there's two parts)... they later quickly discussed the type of members on UG. Judging from some of the tips Sal discussed, about how to nickel and dime the AMP's.... they already surmised that UG is full of cheapskates. Someone not familiar arbitrarily asked what an amp service costs (he guessed $300) and someone else replied that this site seemed like the place for guys wanting to spend no more than thirty bucks.

I have the whole clip. About 5-10 minutes into the wrap up show. How it all came up was Sal had an idea for a game called "Restaurant or Asian massage parlor?". He gave a name and you had to guess which it was. He googled Asian massage and found UG to do his research. One example was "Tokyo Delights"... Answer: it's AMP in Union NJ. So if that place is still open... probably not for long. I'll try and get it up on youtube or something later.

Lets see how long this works...

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=QDveuc

Starts off they're talking about a guys weekend at Howies Hamptons house and the massage parlor conversation starts about a minute in, UG about 2 minutes in. I'll dig up the second part later in the show.

Bender should consider a new slogan for UG... "If you need a little stroking go to Utopiaguide.com"

The problem is not for lack of members: UG has always had TONS of lurkers, and in general THOSE are the one's which patronize the advertisers. It is something we have studied for many years. In fact, someone who has been totally on he advertising side of this business (both in print and then the internet) took a few minutes to actually do the research to verify what we've been saying about this and about 2 or 3 weeks ago pointed out that in his analysis that even though there are many less posts on UG than "somewhere else", the posts were of low quality, they did not have nearly the high ratio of lurkers to posters which we do (and almost universally you can judge the bad customers because you can recognize their handles) and most advertisers were NOT getting their money's worth.

OTOH, every who has advertised on UG AND LISTENED TO US ABOUT WHAT THEY NEEDED TO DO TO 'back up' their ads has done extremely well here. Case(s) in point: for a long time, anyone who posted that they paid more than $100 for a rub and tug (i.e. $60 + $40) in the Spa section got shit all over them. But now we have not one, but TWO of the higher end RT houses advertising here and they are both doing VERY well (mostly from the lurkers). But it's mostly because they listened to what THEY need to do, did it, and made the money they should have.

Some of us lurkers just don't have the extra cash on a regular basis. I would love to be considered a regular but with all the various household stuff that's not happening any time soon. This puts me in a bad position since that also means I'm limited on reviews and so comments I post are just making noise. I decided it was better to say nothing than meaningless drivel. So how do we "lurkers" change that? I don't know; for now I'm going to try to pop up more and still add something.

Some of us lurkers just don't have the extra cash on a regular basis. I would love to be considered a regular but with all the various household stuff that's not happening any time soon. This puts me in a bad position since that also means I'm limited on reviews and so comments I post are just making noise. I decided it was better to say nothing than meaningless drivel. So how do we "lurkers" change that? I don't know; for now I'm going to try to pop up more and still add something.
Restless, I understand the source of confusion and glad you came forward. There are clearly people that have the resources or desire to be more active than others. But for those mongors that dabble, you do visit some providers and post your experiences where you can. If it is the same as a previous poster, than say so and it will lend validity to the original posters review.

There is always something that can be added to UG and there is always a way any lurker can contribute. This board is only as good as the postings of the sum total of the WHOLE UG commmunity of.

Last edited:
But for those mongors that dabble, you do visit some providers and post your experiences where you can. If it is the same as a previous poster, than say so and it will lend validity to the original posters review.
Ok I see you point and that exactly why I posted a comment about Elegant Asian's. Even if I'm only out and about a couple times a year I'll try to be more open about reporting how things are going.