Votes: 8 14.3%
  • $2,000 to $3,000 total

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • $3,000 to $5,000 total

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • > $5,000 total

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
thats the problem- I no longer have that ***** addy, I wanted to send you an updated one...that was the only reason I *****ed you. Cant get anything through to UG or Webmaster.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
I never could understand corporate accounting practises

Another datum for the accountants: I sent in a modest $50 contribution back in mid-Nov and received a PayPal ***** verification that the funds had been received. Adding myself to the list of self-identified contributors (Casper, clubber, mitchmaxx, Daniel_NYC, BigMadM and OH) that makes seven and gives a total of $600 from the just five of us who listed amounts. The thread/poll was started on Feb. 4, so it seems to have inspired a burst of giving, as well as confusion.

-Ww

Allen

Webmaster?
yes, I'm trying to sort it out now. Problem is some of the mail addresses that donated also purchased ads . So, I had ignored those as payments from advertisers. I will update the figures as soon as I have a chance to go over it again.

Wwanderer

A serious (really) suggestion

A lot of non-profit organizations that want to encourage donations make a practise of somewhere (on a plaque or in their newsletter or whatever) publishing a list of donors. Although amounts are almost never listed, the donors are sometimes divided into categories (like "supporting members", "angels", "patrons", etc.) depending on the amount of their gift. Usually they are also broken down by calendar year or some other unit of time...so, there would be the "patron" list for 2002, but that person would no be listed for 2003 unless the gift were repeated. I am sure we are nearly all familiar with this sort of thing.

Maybe UG could do the same for hobbyist contributors - it would presumably be easy to set up a category with restricted posting rights for these lists and to give them some appropriately humorous names (e.g., UG kiss asses, UG total suck ups, ...; no doubt C9 could come up with something better).

I'll bet it would encourage contributions. Of course, any donor who preferred not to have his screen name listed could indicate that he preferred to give anonymously and be omitted. Actually, why not include providers who make donations as well.

There is probably something dumb about this idea, but after a long day of intense meetings, I can't immediately see it.

-Ww

Wwanderer

Re: A sorry state of affairs indeed.........

Originally posted by Daniel_NYC
C'mon people, hasn't UG saved you from visiting a rip-off provider just once, or patronizing a TV?
Actually, no; I have never gotten the slightest direct hobbying benefit from UG and may well never do so. I hobby very little in the NYC area and have other, more private, sources of info that I am more likely to utilize when I do. But I gave (a little) anyway, so go figure.

-Ww

Im sorry Webmaster, I just found out that if I go to profile page..i can edit my ***** address....Its been a long time and I had no clue until I just read someones ***** and they told me I can do it myself. Thanx

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Okay, we need to call in Arthur Anderson and get this straightened out. Oh, wait a minute. Scratch that idea.

Picking up on Ww's theme, maybe we could make it like the PBS fundraising shows and have premiums:

Imortalization in a C9 cartoon: $25
Get out of banned card: $50
Snappy epithet (or what ever you call the non-standard words under your name): $100
Able to receive *****: $250
Able to send *****:$500

Re: I never could understand corporate accounting practises

Originally posted by Wwanderer
Another datum for the accountants: I sent in a modest $50 contribution back in mid-Nov and received a PayPal ***** verification that the funds had been received. Adding myself to the list of self-identified contributors (Casper, clubber, mitchmaxx, Daniel_NYC, BigMadM and OH) that makes seven and gives a total of $600 from the just five of us who listed amounts. The thread/poll was started on Feb. 4, so it seems to have inspired a burst of giving, as well as confusion.

-Ww
I made a small donation thru paypal in the summer. Either 20 or 25 don't really remember. Other nice donation sent today for 100. It is very sad that many others have not donated.

Your close.......

You mean a Slink-a-Thon!!!

Guilt trips motivate more than fear. It worked for me. Gotta love it. You should have been in Marketing instead of on the first Tee.

Jarhead

Originally posted by jasonbuju
i am not seeing another provider until I have sent my donation to UG.
So the money order is going out tomorrow.
I'm so ashamed...
Bad Jason, bad Jason.

Shit I didn't get my money order yet. Bad me, bad me.