trader1

One day your fine, feeling good emotionally and physically- You go for a routine check up and sent for some additional testing- Your Dr informs you that you have a terminal illness. You drive home, tears streaming down your face, wondering if this is a dream or reality-

Sadly, you wake up every day, knowing it’s reality. Emotionally a wreck, physically- everything that you too for granted, becomes a challenge. You question faith, you ask yourself over and over, why me… There is no answer.

Thinking about retirement, traveling , enjoying things that make you happy- out the door-Today, I worry about tomorrow-

Thankful for family, friends who genuinely will do anything to help. Putting on that fake smile when asked dozens of times a day, how do you feel? Okay, I’ll say, avoiding further questions and conversation about how I really feel..

Missing much that was taken for granted.

This is why I’ve stopped
Today or tomorrow…. Can’t avoid the inevitable. Friends and family are the most important at the most vulnerable times. Let’s try to enjoy the present in the best possible way when we can and try to leave good memories for those who we love and who we have loved with, worked with … All the best…

Today or tomorrow…. Can’t avoid the inevitable. Friends and family are the most important at the most vulnerable times. Let’s try to enjoy the present in the best possible way when we can and try to leave good memories for those who we love and who we have loved with, worked with … All the best…
Give fully throughout your life. When the day of reckoning comes, be empty, nothing left to burden your soul.

Hello fellow friends

it’s been about six months since I received that gut punch which I will never recoverer from.

You try and make sense of it and find there is no answer. Now, I ‘live’ from test to test and scan to scan dreading the inevitable words from my Dr.that there is nothing else we can do for you. Today I am stable.

You do learn who your true friends are and then those who are selfish, self centered POS. You see the true good in some, who help with a random act of kindness -it’s humbling .. I go for treatment and see dozens upon dozens of patients are their caregivers, sad, broken, hopeless- it really sucks.

Now I look for little bits of happiness and things that will bring me some joy and peace .. can’t worry about next month or year, but tomorrow or next week ..

I am getting the courage up to venture out for a massage plus.. My days of indies and running around like a madman are over, but the memories put me to sleep sometimes at night

thanks for listening

Hello fellow friends

it’s been about six months since I received that gut punch which I will never recoverer from.

You try and make sense of it and find there is no answer. Now, I ‘live’ from test to test and scan to scan dreading the inevitable words from my Dr.that there is nothing else we can do for you. Today I am stable.

You do learn who your true friends are and then those who are selfish, self centered POS. You see the true good in some, who help with a random act of kindness -it’s humbling .. I go for treatment and see dozens upon dozens of patients are their caregivers, sad, broken, hopeless- it really sucks.

Now I look for little bits of happiness and things that will bring me some joy and peace .. can’t worry about next month or year, but tomorrow or next week ..

I am getting the courage up to venture out for a massage plus.. My days of indies and running around like a madman are over, but the memories put me to sleep sometimes at night

thanks for listening
Glad to hear you are stable. Don’t know what ails you but I hope you keep fighting it.

stick w your true friends through it all. I’m sure they provide you w some sense of comfort.

Hello all

Stable with treatments and and feeling physically strong enough to venture out to get a legit one hour massage —

The name of the place slips my mind ( chemotherapy brain fog) but it’s off Hempstead Ave and Nassau Road

I was looking forward to getting out and feeling somewhat human - First encounter in 6 months- TBH, I was thrilled and somewhat emotional as I was relaxing and taking it all in. Happy for the small things.

To the ghetto POS monger who made a stink down the hall in lobby demanding they accept a reduced fee for his one hour massage - His shouting and ghetto talk ruined the mood for the moment . The old me would have told him to stfu or I would have just covered the paltry $10.00 difference

Nevertheless- It was a good day - I’ll take it

It’s good to be out

....To the ghetto POS monger who made a stink down the hall in lobby demanding they accept a reduced fee for his one hour massage - His shouting and ghetto talk ruined the mood for the moment . The old me would have told him to stfu or I would have just covered the paltry $10.00 difference.....
Oh, my apologies if I ruined your mood for the moment.

Oh, wait — I haven't been to that AMP in the past year.:rolleyes:

Nevertheless- It was a good day - I’ll take it

It’s good to be out
Glad to hear you are were out and about.

One day your fine, feeling good emotionally and physically- You go for a routine check up and sent for some additional testing- Your Dr informs you that you have a terminal illness. You drive home, tears streaming down your face, wondering if this is a dream or reality-

Sadly, you wake up every day, knowing it’s reality. Emotionally a wreck, physically- everything that you too for granted, becomes a challenge. You question faith, you ask yourself over and over, why me… There is no answer.

Thinking about retirement, traveling , enjoying things that make you happy- out the door-Today, I worry about tomorrow-

Thankful for family, friends who genuinely will do anything to help. Putting on that fake smile when asked dozens of times a day, how do you feel? Okay, I’ll say, avoiding further questions and conversation about how I really feel..

Missing much that was taken for granted.

This is why I’ve stopped
This breaks my heart It's been awhile but 10yrs ago I told you, anything for you, that still stands! Sending you lots of love old friend xox

I just wanted to bump this in hopes @trader1 checks in.

Received horrible health news regarding a damily member and sad news regarding a work friend today. This on top of issues my wife and I are dealing with. Would like to know at least he is status quo.

fingers crossed

I just wanted to bump this in hopes @trader1 checks in.

Received horrible health news regarding a damily member and sad news regarding a work friend today. This on top of issues my wife and I are dealing with. Would like to know at least he is status quo.

fingers crossed
@COD4
Thank you Sir, for thinking of me and checking in..

Writing this,as I am being infused with the poisonous chemo … As of today, things are stable, but the end game will not be pretty.. Battling a disease which has no cure, accompanied with the specific type of Cancer I have been diagnosed with that has a poor prognosis , does not leave much room for a whole lot of happiness.

OtOH- I have learned ..
I have a dear friend who is going through some significant family and other health issues.. It gives me great pleasure and a sense of peace to offer my guidance, advice and direction to help him and his family through this..

I have said this in some previous posts—
Life can change in an instant - One can become very humble very quickly

I am truly sorry to hear of your situation.

It took me sometime to digest and accept what I am dealing with — Take a day at a time and your inner strength I hope can carry you on..

I wish you peace .

( on a side note — felt good enough recently to venture out for a nice massage and HE.. first trip in 6 months.. It felt good to feel human)