trader1

@COD4
Thank you Sir, for thinking of me and checking in..

Writing this,as I am being infused with the poisonous chemo … As of today, things are stable, but the end game will not be pretty.. Battling a disease which has no cure, accompanied with the specific type of Cancer I have been diagnosed with that has a poor prognosis , does not leave much room for a whole lot of happiness.

OtOH- I have learned ..
I have a dear friend who is going through some significant family and other health issues.. It gives me great pleasure and a sense of peace to offer my guidance, advice and direction to help him and his family through this..

I have said this in some previous posts—
Life can change in an instant - One can become very humble very quickly

I am truly sorry to hear of your situation.

It took me sometime to digest and accept what I am dealing with — Take a day at a time and your inner strength I hope can carry you on..

I wish you peace .

( on a side note — felt good enough recently to venture out for a nice massage and HE.. first trip in 6 months.. It felt good to feel human)
glad you responded and are doing as well as can be expected. Sometimes that is the best thing we can hear or be.

It is great you can help a friend through this as well. The situation sucks but having someone who can straight shoot and not be a bullshit doctor or nurse telling you want they want you to hear is a blessing.

I was working from home and started crying at my desk feeling overwhelmed from this nasty c word. Aunt had mastectomy 9 years ago but only did chemo pill and now has been dealing w flare ups of it through her body. This time ending up in hospital. My wife had stage 2a breast cancer last year and treated w chemo and radiation. 5 lymphnodes removed but they never sent her for therapy. Now she is at a point w her arm that she needs compression sleeves and therapy to not have further damage.
The straw that broke the back today was hearings a colleague succumbed to Stage 4 colon cancer. I called every week to check up. I had bilateral hernia surgery last week and was recovering. I didn’t call. He died Sunday night.

Thanks for your kind words and stay strong and battle as long as you can my
Friend. Massage and HE are always good things. Lol

be well.

glad you responded and are doing as well as can be expected. Sometimes that is the best thing we can hear or be.

It is great you can help a friend through this as well. The situation sucks but having someone who can straight shoot and not be a bullshit doctor or nurse telling you want they want you to hear is a blessing.

I was working from home and started crying at my desk feeling overwhelmed from this nasty c word. Aunt had mastectomy 9 years ago but only did chemo pill and now has been dealing w flare ups of it through her body. This time ending up in hospital. My wife had stage 2a breast cancer last year and treated w chemo and radiation. 5 lymphnodes removed but they never sent her for therapy. Now she is at a point w her arm that she needs compression sleeves and therapy to not have further damage.
The straw that broke the back today was hearings a colleague succumbed to Stage 4 colon cancer. I called every week to check up. I had bilateral hernia surgery last week and was recovering. I didn’t call. He died Sunday night.

be well.
Again-
Terribly sorry to hear this
What you need to realize - Your phone calls to your friend did not go unappreciated and I can promise you, they meant much to him..

From personal experiences ( not just this illness, but something unimaginable as a father)…

The call or text from a friend saying “Hey Trader-thinking about you “
means the world

be well.
I've been around a long time.
Although luckily almost all of my dealings with the medical profession are routine, from dealing/helping with the later years of various older family members, it is absolutely clear to me that you need to be your own advocate (or have a trusted and knowledgeable family member if not able to do it yourself as I did with older family members).

Do your research, ask pointed questions and know that the decisions to be made are made by you (or if not able to be made by you due to circumstances, by someone who you trust and according to your wishes as if made by you).

Said perfectly by COD4 "having someone who can straight shoot and not be a bullshit doctor or nurse telling you want they want you to hear"

The past year has been quite the journey
From diagnosis to treatment to side effects and so forth -

After 9 months of so with ZERO extracurricular activities, I felt well enough to imbibe-The feeling—I felt like a man - I felt good -
Reminding me of the scene in Shawshank Redemption when Tom Robbins ( Andy Dufresne) is up on the roof watching the prisoners tar the roof and says to the guard to let them have some “suds”- ( beer) while basking in the sun, reminding him that they are all men.. Even for that small moment—

Had some bad news the other day and I’m back to square one -

Reminding all-

Life is so damn fragile- Things change in an instant - Enjoy oneself- respect others and have a good time.. yolo

After 9 months of so with ZERO extracurricular activities, I felt well enough to imbibe-The feeling—I felt like a man - I felt good -
Reminding me of the scene in Shawshank Redemption when Tom Robbins ( Andy Dufresne) is up on the roof watching the prisoners tar the roof and says to the guard to let them have some “suds”- ( beer) while basking in the sun, reminding him that they are all men.. Even for that small moment—

Reminding all-

Life is so damn fragile- Things change in an instant - Enjoy oneself- respect others and have a good time.. yolo
Life is very temporary. Hope you stay safe and well.

Reminding all-

You sound like a real nice guy,I am sorry for all your health issues and your recent setback, but NEVER give up, keep on fighting!

Sending all of you good wishes and health during this holiday season and new year..

Despite current setbacks and other activities on hold, I still enjoy coming to UG now frequently, offering my .02, and having the opportunity to ROFL after reading some of your good and sometime outrageous posts…. laughter is a damn good medicine —

Stay safe &
Happy Holidays to all

pokler

Power Bottom
Sending all of you good wishes and health during this holiday season and new year..

Despite current setbacks and other activities on hold, I still enjoy coming to UG now frequently, offering my .02, and having the opportunity to ROFL after reading some of your good and sometime outrageous posts…. laughter is a damn good medicine —

Stay safe &
Happy Holidays to all

We thought we'd lost you when this thread started a year ago.
Back then you probably never thought you'd be around to write this a year later.
Glad to see you're out of the woods .

We thought we'd lost you when this thread started a year ago.
Back then you probably never thought you'd be around to write this a year later.
Glad to see you're out of the woods .
Thank you kind sir.

The diagnosis I received is not curable and prognosis not good. The chemo kicked the crap outta me, but kept things in check Just recently had a setback. it was like a punch in the gut.. I suppose I am content with the thought I am still on this side of the ground

Choices
Deal with it, try and keep a smiley face around loved ones and friends, not sharing the fear of how and when , or crawl into a shell and give up.

I’ve got goal here to see the birth of first grandchild ..

Ty good fellows for all your kind words

Thank you kind sir.

The diagnosis I received is not curable and prognosis not good. The chemo kicked the crap outta me, but kept things in check Just recently had a setback. it was like a punch in the gut.. I suppose I am content with the thought I am still on this side of the ground

Choices
Deal with it, try and keep a smiley face around loved ones and friends, not sharing the fear of how and when , or crawl into a shell and give up.

I’ve got goal here to see the birth of first grandchild ..

Ty good fellows for all your kind words
Hi all
Repeating what I wrote back in December current situation shows that there is stability and a little growth, but I’ll take it —

A handful of nights prior to going to bed I think about waking up with a new symptom accompanied with something more debilitating that will affect me more than the damn poison that I am getting infused with- it sucks

I defer to UG , reading some of the outrageous antics and comments from all- I must admit it does occasionally bring a smile to my face
Otoh, there are those here ( after reading some of their comments, that I’d like to accidentally drive over them 3x when parking my car.. sorry- a little t.i.c. humor —

One day I hope to have the pleasure of meeting some of you - until then tks for the smiles

For a long time, decades, I lived with a seemingly insurmountable burden, one that experts at the highest level could not solve.

I had to come to grips with the fact that if I were to climb out of this deep dark hole, it would require myself, my courage, my taking responsibility.

I found it necessary to read incessantly, inspiring works of great men and women who overcame insurmountable situations to elevate my waning, depressed, hopeless spirit.

Surprisingly, what spoke to me more powerfully than some of the most profound teachings of scholars, gurus, philosophers and poets from ancient times to the present, was a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”