Too many stickies.

There are way too many stickies on this page. Maybe create a few giant stickies that cover some similar FAQs each, garnering up the questions that are on all those pages? Then like, unstickify the rest? I don't know. I've never admined a message board.

Why that bothers him is another issue!
I guess my philosophy on stickies is probably different than others', but to me it's like: "Alright, before you read anything else - or if you're going to start somewhere - read the info on these threads first." However, that consists of like 90% of this board, and it's all soo spread out. It just conflicted in my mind is all, and I'm perfectly aware that my philosophy over anything admin-side on UG = butkis. And like I said, I've never admined a board before, so I really have no idea if being sticky-happy is something that's encouraged or not. Eh.

I guess my philosophy on stickies is probably different than others', but to me it's like: "Alright, before you read anything else - or if you're going to start somewhere - read the info on these threads first." However, that consists of like 90% of this board, and it's all soo spread out. It just conflicted in my mind is all, and I'm perfectly aware that my philosophy over anything admin-side on UG = butkis. And like I said, I've never admined a board before, so I really have no idea if being sticky-happy is something that's encouraged or not. Eh.
Eh! Must be Canadian. :)

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
The answer is fairly simple: for newbies, if it's not a sticky, they won't bother to use the drop-down and read older posts, so we'll end up with the same newbie questions over and over again. So anything which is in any way worthwile IN THIS SECTION ONLY gets stickied. Face it: newbies SHOULD read a lot of stuff so they SHOULD be told " "Alright, before you read anything else - or if you're going to start somewhere - read the info on these threads first" for the stuf IN THIS SECTION.

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right Slinky. We all should be told, "Alright, before you read anything else - or if you're going to start somewhere - read the info on these threads first," which is the beauty of stickies. It just caught me off guard how many more there were in this board than compared to all the other boards, but after your explanation, I understand. =D