To "follow", or not to "follow"?

What's with the "following" option? I mean, i understand wanting to follow me, I'm a wealth of information around here, but following me? Seems like something a chick pining for my attention might do in junior high school.
There are ppl following me who have never made a single post, but have been "members" for years. That's not a "member" worth having. "Members" contribute. And as far as I'm concerned, they could be Uncle LEO watching, and building a case, which is silly because, this is just a fantasy site anyway, a place for creative individuals to come, and write about fictitious encounters with fictitious people.
I think the "follow" option should be done away with. If you want to see what I'm up to, with my creative writing and imagination, check all the threads that have been recently updated, like i do. It creates a more involved experience for you, and forces ppl to not be so lazy, and actually check more of the site out.
That's my 2 cents.
What do you guys think?

billyS

Reign of Terror
What's with the "following" option? I mean, i understand wanting to follow me, I'm a wealth of information around here, but following me? Seems like something a chick pining for my attention might do in junior high school.
There are ppl following me who have never made a single post, but have been "members" for years. That's not a "member" worth having. "Members" contribute. And as far as I'm concerned, they could be Uncle LEO watching, and building a case, which is silly because, this is just a fantasy site anyway, a place for creative individuals to come, and write about fictitious encounters with fictitious people.
I think the "follow" option should be done away with. If you want to see what I'm up to, with my creative writing and imagination, check all the threads that have been recently updated, like i do. It creates a more involved experience for you, and forces ppl to not be so lazy, and actually check more of the site out.
That's my 2 cents.
What do you guys think?
Agree 100%
It freaked me out when I first started getting notifications that people were "following"me.
Creepy AF as the younger kids would say.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
That's my 2 cents.
What do you guys think?
Agree 100%
It freaked me out when I first started getting notifications that people were "following"me.
Creepy AF as the younger kids would say.
I just had someone tell me yesterday that they started following me on UG so when I post, they get notified... for me, that’s a good thing... but why are guys following each other - that’s a mystery

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
At least you guys don't have others posting on other websites obsessing about you.

A long time ago there was a woman who posted here and a guy who was a frequent contributor who was her regular customer. One day he told me he had to stop seeing her because he wasn't going to spend $400/hr to listen to her talk about me, which apparently was all she wanted to do.

About a decade ago there was a bar I regularly hung out at. A number of women seemed to be pissy with me and I didn't know why. I was told that this fairly famous director had gone home with one of them and when they got in bed he wouldn't stop talking about me.