Time to get serious gentleman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Hotpuppy

Correct, since cocaine cannot be administered systemically to relieve localized pain.

you've obviously never shoveled enough of it up your nose. do a gram or two of the good stuff and you'll feel no pain.

anyone remember Pacino in the final scene of 'Scarface'

Originally posted by Ozzy

you've obviously never shoveled enough of it up your nose. do a gram or two of the good stuff and you'll feel no pain.

ozzy yes i remember that scene and that huge pile of llbs of coke he dived his head into...

but after he dove his head into it, he proceeded to get shot about 50 times and felt no pain. i've seen guys put cigarettes out on their arms and slice themselves with knives they were so wasted (just on coke). one guy i semi knew did such a massive freeze job (rubbing coke on your lips, teeth or tongue) that he bit half his tongue off and didn't even know it. another guy in a bar i used to bartend in got hit over the head with two bottles, had blood pouring out of his skull like a fountain and he just stood there like it was nothing. now herion doesn't do that and neither do a few other illegal drugs, nor booze. but coke and angel dust can turn a person into superman.... at least the think they're superman.

Last edited:
oh ozzy i see what u are saying

i havent touched the stuff in over ten years...but thats when i lived in san diego..crystal meth was the choice out there...but u do feel invinsable...i never did anything like what u mentioned but i did feel no pain...even to this day and again havent touched it in over ten years...i can still feel the dripage down my throat and the numbness when i used to put it in my mouth...do i miss that feeling oh hell yes would i do it again hell no..because once i do i wont stop so i wont...

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
i seem to remember a doctor in NYC who used clinical coke (a liquid form?) on Q-tips and stuck them up his patients noses to cure sinus problems or migraines (i think). david brenner who was also a patient, once endorsed him (early 90's) but i think LE busted him a few times.
Yep, local application, local problem
hp

Originally posted by elliot16

Cocaine is not prescribed for any of these or any other common condition to my knowledge.

Perhaps not as a single agent, particularly for pain relief, however Brompton's Mixture or Brompton's Cocktail was often compounded using morphine, cocaine and a phenothiazine in a simple syrup solution with and without wild cherry flavoring. The phenothiazine (most frequently thorazine) was used to potentiate the narcotic and the cocaine was added to elevate mood.

Brompton's fell into disuse somewhat with the commercial availability of morphine liquid. Morphine liquid is even falling into disuse with the availability of Oxycontin and Duragesic patches.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth

Well, actually, I have( pink Bolivian flake, tested out at 89% pure)-but the point is, the amounts required to make one "feel no pain" are prohibitive in a clinical setting, due to the distinct possibilty of respiratory and cardiac shutdown. Pacino's( while obviously fictional) stash was sufficient to enable him to accept the hail of bullets, but after the take he probably got up good as new :)
It makes perfect sense that the guy who bit his tongue off and the guy that got hit with the bottles would be able sustain that trauma, as it again is local application, local effect. Cant speak for the arm slicer, tho. Heroin is considered a narcotic, and does not interupt the transmission of pain along the CNS, the way cocaine does, but you will see alot of addicts with unintentional cigarette burns- the narcotic experience is that you will feel the pain, but you just dont care.
hp

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Originally posted by One Eyed Trouser Trout

Brompton's fell into disuse somewhat with the commercial availability of morphine liquid. Morphine liquid is even falling into disuse with the availability of Oxycontin and Duragesic patches.
Was just thinking about Brompton's too, havent heard that term in years! Very effective relief of intractable pain is neuraxial analgesia: duramorph and/or bupivicaine administered directly in to the epidural space by a controlled pump. Of course with this method, care must be taken to not let the level get too high as it will cause respiratory compromise. Head pain( trigeminal neuralgia etc.) is a particularly difficult condition to manage, many times requiring brain stem surgery to alleviate.

Note to all: If you are contemplating any sort of surgery, make sure you do your homework regarding post-op pain relief, and become your own advocate when dealing with surgeons and anesthesiologists. This is an area in which American medicine falls down repeatedly.
take care
HP

Originally posted by daro
Now she was more than just nasty words
on a whoreboard. She was a person . . . .
Daro, you know, your usually excellent points wouldn't get lost so often in what many consider to be truly offensive shit if you would just treat everybody who posts as a person from the get-go. Even when you haven't seen a picture of them in a hot tub.

Sorry to be so presumptuous.

Originally posted by justlooking

Daro, you know, your usually excellent points wouldn't get lost so often in what many consider to be truly offensive shit if you would just treat everybody who posts as a person from the get-go. Even when you haven't seen a picture of them in a hot tub.

Sorry to be so presumptuous.
[/QUOTE

THANKS JL. They do tend to get lost in the sauce.
I know the dish I'm serving out, makes sense to me. But
sometimes, it tastes too hot and spicey to the receipients,
and they can't stomach it. Thanks again. I may need a
cooking lesson or two.

Thanks for taking that post in the spirit I wrote it.

YOU'RE WELCOME SIR. You are a good person and a good source
of information. Enough said. Please, no hot tub photos. LOL.

Last edited:
(Can anybody tell me how to retract an *****?)

JL, nice comeback reply. I knew Greekgirl would never get it.
AKA Alicia Silverstone. But Fletch, what's your excuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.